Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 08-28-2012, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeganTnT View Post
In the online games section it lists every single GC friend you have. You have to manually scroll that list and see if they they are ranked. If you see the ??? instead of a shield they may or may not have the game but they haven't played online yet. :/

The other option is to open Gamecenter, go to Games, Find Lost Cities, Tap, Switch to Players view, then it shows friends with the game.

In my case I have 3 Players (those are active games with friends)
and 21 friends (which includes those 3)
Thanks and just realize how s**ks GC really is.

LC is now the most fav MP games for now -- tops Ascensions and SW.

Wanna a game, btw?
Old 08-28-2012, 09:12 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

I have installed the game on both my iPhone and iPad. When I played the first several moves on my iPad, I cannot continue next move on my iPhone.
Old 08-28-2012, 09:17 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by currymutton View Post
Wanna a game, btw?
Bring it
Old 08-29-2012, 12:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by currymutton View Post
How do I know if my GC friend has this game so that I can send out invitation?
Click the crown. It lists all friends with Game Center. Remember the image. Then start a new game and select the user with the image.

Why remember the image? Because one screen shows real names and one screen shows nick names... The only consistent thing between both screens is the image
Old 08-29-2012, 01:08 AM

I don't know if it's GC or just the way TCM implemented it, but the friend's list definitely could work better. On the main select screen it seems that a friend's % only shows up once you've played them (irrespective of whether or not they have the game and played online).

Another way is once you do select an opponent, you are taken to GC where again you see your entire friend's list. Here you can see who is ranked and who isn't, and then change your selection to someone who is if need be. You don't have to switch back and forth between lists, but again this only works for those who have already played online at least once.
Old 08-29-2012, 02:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunc View Post
You can turn off sounds for Game Center and I believe that will stop Lost Cities from making sound alerts. Perhaps they could add that as a setting within the game, but I'm not sure if that's even possible with GC.
ya, disabling the sound alerts in GC helps, but I'd prefer an option to only disable the sound alert in LC. On top of that the new turn sound alert is a freesound I used myself as well in a server tool I made and this is really confusing
Old 08-29-2012, 02:19 AM

Default Game Impressions

Sorry I know I`m late to the Party but...

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up
Old 08-30-2012, 02:17 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 4

One thing I see happening is that it takes some time even after Game Center connects for game updates to happen. It will connect, it will look like I have no turns, then maybe 10 seconds later all the turns roll in. Anyone else see that problem?
Old 08-31-2012, 12:56 AM
iPhone 5s

Yeah, in my impressions post earlier I was moaning about the lack of a full-featured multiplayer implementation like Carcassonne has. The inability to have more than one game going per friend and the delays associated with sending moves back and forth, even when you're sitting in the same room with the other player is a huge let down.

There's no local WiFi or bluetooth connectivity either, which is a real shame, and I'm just finding the Game Center turn management to be clunky, slow and ruins the experience. Which is a real shame, because I actually do like the game.. it has nice polish other than the network issues and I've had good fun but I find myself more often than not firing up a game with the AI instead of an online opponent because the network issues are so cumbersome.
Old 08-31-2012, 02:32 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunc View Post
One thing I see happening is that it takes some time even after Game Center connects for game updates to happen. It will connect, it will look like I have no turns, then maybe 10 seconds later all the turns roll in. Anyone else see that problem?
Yeah, it's pretty annoying but it's because instead of using their own fast servers all the multiplayer stuff is handled by GameCenter.

So the game loads then tries to sign onto GameCenter. If successful it then checks to see if you have moves available and if so, it fetches them.

The reason it's so apparent is cause the continue button with live opponent button is the first thing you see. If it was like Carcassonne where your moves are in a sub menu (tap Internet games to see your online games), the added time to tap and load the new screen gives the game another sec or two while loading the games.