Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 08-25-2012, 10:00 AM

Default Shorts FAQ

Sorry if asked or posted before, but is anyone making a FAQ/list of where the hidden shorts are?

I've found them through 3:1 but am curious if a list is/has been compiled.

Last edited by GregB; 08-25-2012 at 10:33 AM..
Old 08-25-2012, 10:43 AM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun glitch View Post
I was trying to make him
Feel better for walking round in his crown and not feel so stupid lol
Since when do you make anyone feel better

You can't even find the shorts, lol
Old 08-25-2012, 11:00 AM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by slamraman View Post
Woke up this morning to find my 10 year old son had beaten all my level one times on his mum's ipod so i cracked it on on my phone and then caught sight of my 5 year old looking for the hidden shorts on my iPad. We have never all played the same game at once. Fantastic. An absolute gem of a game.
Excellent, thanks for buying the game and sharing your story! That brought a big smile to my face.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bytebrain View Post
The only minor complaint I have is with the iPad controls..
I really wish the buttons were bigger, or that we had an opportunity in settings to alter the size of the of the buttons.
Thanks, I'm glad you are enjoying the game! I originally argued with MikeM/qpawn because I wanted larger buttons, too. But after going back and forth a bunch, I finally realized that I liked the smaller (iPhone size) buttons on the iPad. Mostly because they take up a lot less screen real estate. To counter the smaller buttons, we made huge hit boxes. So in a sense, the buttons are really huge, but you just can't see it.

Have you tried moving the buttons around? If you go into Options -> Edit Controls, then you can move the buttons and see the actual hit boxes. That might help you out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Ronfar View Post
Cool, I just stole the local crown from the 2 creators of the game? didn't even know that.. Lcb12321
Yeah, our bad with the naming of "Local" scores. We've realized that was a mistake on our part, because it is confusing a lot of people. Those scores are dummy scores that we added for people that don't use GC, or don't wish to compete globally. We should have called it "Player" scores.
Old 08-25-2012, 11:17 AM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x

Hey guys, great game you've made as well as being a big inspiration. I've been trying to fight my way up the leaderboards too, it's a lot of fun.

I'm having problems with achievements through GC, specifically the Honourable Mention and the Company Friend ones. They are unlocked on the offline list, but they arent on the GC list. I'm guessing I would have to delete the game to be able to get the achievements, but do you have any idea on how to fix this?
Old 08-25-2012, 11:37 AM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Phew! After 40 straight minutes of playing level 1-1, I finally get what is probably the perfect score: 27.05. Tied for first!

40 minutes to shave off .02 seconds, some very good replayability there!

Last edited by RaptorF35; 08-25-2012 at 12:38 PM..
Old 08-25-2012, 11:44 AM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProtoEclipse View Post
Hey guys, great game you've made as well as being a big inspiration. I've been trying to fight my way up the leaderboards too, it's a lot of fun.

I'm having problems with achievements through GC, specifically the Honourable Mention and the Company Friend ones. They are unlocked on the offline list, but they arent on the GC list. I'm guessing I would have to delete the game to be able to get the achievements, but do you have any idea on how to fix this?
Thanks! But we're very sorry your achievements aren't sending. I'm guessing this is the same problem that a couple of other members have experienced. They were playing on 2nd gen iPod Touches, but I'm guessing it might have more to do with the iOS version. What iOS 4.x are you running?

Appears to be a strange issue with GC being offline, but still claiming success when submitting scores and achievements. So even if you delete, you could still end up with the same problem.

Once we track this problem down and fix it, I will also add some extra code to automatically go through scores and achievements and resend them. So that will fix things up for you.
Old 08-25-2012, 12:13 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeg123 View Post
Thanks! But we're very sorry your achievements aren't sending. I'm guessing this is the same problem that a couple of other members have experienced. They were playing on 2nd gen iPod Touches, but I'm guessing it might have more to do with the iOS version. What iOS 4.x are you running?

Appears to be a strange issue with GC being offline, but still claiming success when submitting scores and achievements. So even if you delete, you could still end up with the same problem.

Once we track this problem down and fix it, I will also add some extra code to automatically go through scores and achievements and resend them. So that will fix things up for you.
Alright, that's good to hear. I'm actually running 5.0.1 non-jailbroken on a 4G touch, if that helps at all.
Old 08-25-2012, 12:30 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaptorF35 View Post
Phew! After 40 straight minutes of playing level 1-1, I finally get what is probably the perfect score: 27.05. Tied for first!

40 minutes to shave off 2 seconds, some very good replayability there!
I just noticed that, good job! I'm still first though
Old 08-25-2012, 12:39 PM
Developer
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Just finished all of the levels this morning. I really like the hints that come up before the level starts. Now it looks like I need to try and beat some of these scores I am seeing.
Old 08-25-2012, 12:47 PM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by craighinrichs View Post
Just finished all of the levels this morning. I really like the hints that come up before the level starts. Now it looks like I need to try and beat some of these scores I am seeing.
Excellent! And I'm glad you liked the hints. That was kind of a last minute addition. We additionally were going to have a bunch of dialog and help, but it just got messy. We figured the little hints and tips would help people out more.