Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 09-05-2012, 07:57 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

I See mikey shorts is up to #67 in ALL games charts (app store)and in top 25 in action and arcade charts congrats qpawn & mikeg
Old 09-06-2012, 07:34 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

I love Mikey Shorts. I've finally managed to get over 41k in Challenge Mode, so I guess I've joined the elite club .

Would it be possible for game to send best Game Center score on each login? I often play without any internet access around me and it kills me that my score doesn't get uploaded unless I beat my score while being connected. I know it's a minor issue, but sending GC socres doesn't incur any penalty so I'd be nice to have it.
Old 09-06-2012, 11:17 AM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciechan View Post
I love Mikey Shorts. I've finally managed to get over 41k in Challenge Mode, so I guess I've joined the elite club .

Would it be possible for game to send best Game Center score on each login? I often play without any internet access around me and it kills me that my score doesn't get uploaded unless I beat my score while being connected. I know it's a minor issue, but sending GC socres doesn't incur any penalty so I'd be nice to have it.
Great job on your Challenge mode score!

And I had written the code so that GC scores are resent on each login. But I've just now realized a bug with how I'm doing that. A bad assumption compounded by the fact that GC likes to return success when sending scores and achievements offline. I will be able to alleviate that problem in a future update.

And talking of updates, looks like our update we submitted this past weekend just made it through review. So in the meantime, you can go to the new Options -> Data menu and press the "Refresh" button to resend scores. That should help you for now, but it is a manual process.

Last edited by mikeg123; 09-06-2012 at 11:27 AM..
Old 09-06-2012, 11:21 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciechan View Post

Well done on 41k I take it your bartekc on GC? I'm a few pints behind but will get there with some luck have you seen the challenge mode individual high score thread that jackmule started I'm sure you could contribute
Also think the devs have already said about adding a button to do a sync to gc as other people have had similar problems with achievements
Old 09-06-2012, 12:45 PM
Developer

Default Mikey Shorts UPDATED

Mikey Shorts (1.0.1)
  • Added a Data button to Options menu
  • Refresh Game Center and Shop from Data menu
  • Renamed "Local" tab to "Offline" in Scores menu

The Refresh button will update your Game Center scores/achievements and unlock any disguises in the Shop that should've already unlocked.

The "Local" tab has been renamed "Offline" since those scores are the local device scores unrelated to any network.

Thanks to everybody for all the support! We're working on an update for Mikey Shorts with more Challenge levels, more disguises, and support for the iCade.
Old 09-06-2012, 04:56 PM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Has anyone that has had score, achievement or disguise unlock problems tried the new refresh button? I'm curious to see if it is working for you.
Old 09-06-2012, 05:26 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeg123 View Post
Has anyone that has had score, achievement or disguise unlock problems tried the new refresh button? I'm curious to see if it is working for you.
It works.
Old 09-06-2012, 05:39 PM
iPod Touch (1st Gen), OS 3.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeg123 View Post
Yep, it worked for the disguise that hadn't unlocked.
Old 09-07-2012, 12:08 PM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackMule View Post
It works.
Quote:
Originally Posted by iJay View Post
Yep, it worked for the disguise that hadn't unlocked.
Great to hear that the refresh button is working as it should! Of course we tested it, but unexpected problems always seem to creep in. Sounds like that isn't the case here.
Old 09-07-2012, 08:51 PM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Did someone say promo codes? First three to send me a PM get a code...

EDIT: No codes left!

Last edited by mikeg123; 09-08-2012 at 04:40 PM..