★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
10-09-2012, 04:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by qpawn View Post
The update should be appearing in various App Stores soon. Let us know if it works!

Thanks for the support. We're adding a line of text inside Edit Controls in the next update that says "Slider adjusts visibility" so players know what it does!
Yeah, you know us game playing folk, we not so smart like developers, so that will help. Also, since I have had a lot of input on that slider, I'm going to name it Connector's slider, well, at least on my ipad, haha.

Will let you know, still no update, but who knows when it will come.
10-09-2012, 05:28 PM
Ok, it is 3:26 pm, got the update, and my previously crashing program is now working fine. Tried many different scenarios with gamecenter, works fine on new ipad ios 6.0 and iphone 4 ios 5.1.1

So thanks, I had direct input with 3 developers on updates today, Mikey Shorts, Spirit HD, and Major Mayhem. Feels good when you have so much input on games, that's what's so cool about Toucharcade.

Thanks for getting the issues fixed so fast. Cool!

10-09-2012, 05:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Connector View Post
Ok, it is 3:26 pm, got the update, and my previously crashing program is now working fine. Tried many different scenarios with gamecenter, works fine on new ipad ios 6.0 and iphone 4 ios 5.1.1

So thanks, I had direct input with 3 developers on updates today, Mikey Shorts, Spirit HD, and Major Mayhem. Feels good when you have so much input on games, that's what's so cool about Toucharcade.

Thanks for getting the issues fixed so fast. Cool!
Awesome! TouchArcade is definitely a great place for devs and players to interact.
10-09-2012, 08:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by qpawn View Post
Awesome! TouchArcade is definitely a great place for devs and players to interact.
And help the homeless
10-09-2012, 10:59 PM
Mikey Shorts Halloween

We started a thread for our upcoming FREE game Mikey Shorts Halloween. It features four Story Mode-type levels with a Halloween theme.

Since we used up the maximum allowed Game Center leaderboards in Mikey Shorts, we decided to make a separate app!

More images in the thread: CLICK HERE

10-14-2012, 04:03 AM
Joined: Aug 2010
Location: Uk yeah baby yeah
Posts: 3,763
YAY WORLD NO.1. On story 1-1 & 1-2 ........
on lite version shush


TEAM GIMP

10-14-2012, 04:51 AM
So what's the ETA on iCloud? Would love to start playing this on my iPhone 5 but I made a ton of progress already on my iPad...

My band just released an album! iTunes / Facebook
10-14-2012, 05:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetdiss View Post
So what's the ETA on iCloud? Would love to start playing this on my iPhone 5 but I made a ton of progress already on my iPad...
We'll have a better idea of where iCloud stands once we release Mikey Shorts Halloween. It's something we'd like to do, but it can get complicated to implement properly.

What games best support iCloud in a way that might work well in Mikey Shorts?
10-14-2012, 07:00 PM
This game is good, it controls well as a platformer, but i'll be damned if I don't wish there were more of a challenge besides speed running.

Enemies would be nice for whatever the next title is for this dev
10-14-2012, 07:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirkwood View Post
This game is good, it controls well as a platformer, but i'll be damned if I don't wish there were more of a challenge besides speed running.

Enemies would be nice for whatever the next title is for this dev
We're definitely discussing adding more traditional platformer elements in a future game, but speed running will still be our main focus.

What are some of your favorite elements and obstacles in a platformer?