★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Mystery Block

06-05-2009, 07:56 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓 [Original Poster]
Mystery Block

[App Store Link, 2.99]

Quote:
Are you looking for unique games?
Here is a fantastic and unique game with lovely graphics.
The rule is simple, but it's great fun and easy to learn.
You can pick up and play immediately.
We will never disappoint you!

Mystery Block is a puzzle-adventure game where you move blocks to create your ways so that you get the key and move on to the next stage.
There are mysterious blocks that have their own characteristics.
Using the blocks, create your ways and get the key.
Then move on to the next stage through the door with the key.
At the end of each town there is a happy monster instead of the key.
Find it.
It's your mission to find five all happy monsters.
At the beginning of the game you will take this mission.

Start the game now with exciting blocks!

Add me on Steam for TF2: eggzbacon
06-05-2009, 08:00 PM
this looks intense
06-05-2009, 11:16 PM
I bought it...

Overall it isn't horrible and provides some decent puzzles, but as a lefty the controls are hard to maneuver. There is a somewhat unresponsive d-pad on the right side of the screen. It is not horrible, but then again not great either and makes the gameplay slow. That and your character moves one half-step at a time... it is quite obvious this is a port of a mobile title for simple phones.

From what I gather so far, the gameplay is about climbing ladders, pushing blocks, and collecting keys. Its as simplistic as it sounds, which is not necessarily a good thing (nor bad, dependent on how picky you are about depth). a 5-second music track loops in the background, although you can turn it off. The graphics are nice, though. I am going to guesstimate that there are 50 levels (10 in each world).

Overall I don't think it is worth $2.99. It isn't horrible, but there are much better puzzle platformers available, including Toki Tori and Archibald's Adventures. Pass this up.

Associate Editor, Slide To Play and Padvance
Follow me on Twitter
Feel free to email me at tim@slidetoplay.com if you want to bring a game or update to our attention.
06-07-2009, 12:25 AM
Lite version is out... http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=318132576&mt=8

Associate Editor, Slide To Play and Padvance
Follow me on Twitter
Feel free to email me at tim@slidetoplay.com if you want to bring a game or update to our attention.