Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 08-28-2012, 04:03 PM
iPad 2, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by webman2k View Post
For those who blame apple, it's not their responsibility to police this.
Blatant infringement is something Apple fights constantly. This one simply made it out.
Old 08-29-2012, 09:37 AM

I thought the game was made by the same developer..another copy from the original. WOW thats ridiculous.
Old 09-09-2012, 01:10 PM
iPhone 5c, iOS 7.x

Yikes. It just got up in price from being free. I wonder why Zeptolab hasn't done anything yet.
Old 09-15-2012, 09:28 AM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

I can't believe people are still buying this. Unless they are tricked, then it's understandable.
Old 09-15-2012, 10:58 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

oh my...this game is yet on appstore? unbelieveable!
Old 09-15-2012, 03:17 PM
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxmulderino View Post
oh my...this game is yet on appstore? unbelieveable!
I am a little surprised too, since it is really very close to cut the rope, but guess since there so many clones to every game nowadays, it may not be worth Chillingos time and energy to go after them.

There seem to be so many Angry birds clones, and I would think Apple wouldn't want to get involved in what is too much a copy or whatnot.

I got this game for free, and for a knock off, it actually is pretty good. The developer has some talent, and I was surprised since most game ripoffs aren't that good.

Hopefully, the developer will come up with an original idea, and make another effort that is more Kosher. He does have potential.
Old 09-15-2012, 07:25 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

If you guys really want garbage ripoff apps like this to go away, then you've got to stop acknowledging them. That means no downloading (regardless of whether or not it's free) and no posting on its message board here. The more posts on this board, the higher it moves up on the "Hot New Games" list on the TA app. That only increases the odds that some sucker will take notice of it and buy the app. Just ignore it or ridiculous devs who have stolen other people's work will continue to prosper.
Old 09-15-2012, 11:48 PM
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducksFANjason View Post
If you guys really want garbage ripoff apps like this to go away, then you've got to stop acknowledging them. That means no downloading (regardless of whether or not it's free) and no posting on its message board here. The more posts on this board, the higher it moves up on the "Hot New Games" list on the TA app. That only increases the odds that some sucker will take notice of it and buy the app. Just ignore it or ridiculous devs who have stolen other people's work will continue to prosper.
Yeah, I agree in a way, but if it on the Apple store, then someone has to take some accountability, whether it is Apple, the developer, or Chillingo. It's been up on the Apple store for a long time now, so I don't really think it's the customer's role to be policeman of all the clone like games on the Apple store.

There are so many clones out there of Angry Birds, so who's to say which are violations, sure this one is probably too close to being like Cut the Rope, but Chillingo is on this board, and they haven't really posted anything other than a slight gasp on this thread, so really, if Apple isn't going to do anything, and Chillingo isn't doing anything, and Touch Arcade isn't going to do anything, then well, technically it is a legit app.

I do think it is not right though, but if no one is going to do anything about it, then the famous quote applies.

It is what it is.
Old 09-24-2012, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan@Chillingo View Post
Ahem...
Dan where are the propellers??
Old 10-03-2012, 05:42 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by visionwebs View Post
I don't understand the logic of making a post on the forum thread about why people shouldn't post on the forum thread.

I'm spinning in circles... Wheeeeee!
admittedly, I lol'd