Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 08-29-2012, 11:37 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Thanx!

Last edited by Scorpion008; 08-29-2012 at 01:14 PM..
Old 08-29-2012, 01:58 PM

PM was sent!
Old 09-01-2012, 08:33 AM

I made a codebox solver in excel while eating lunch : )

Just type your combinations and use the List filter to select only the rows which have TRUE in the status, it will show you the remaining possible combinations.

It does not guarantee that you will be able to find the solution in 10 turns, for this you have to select the combinations which will eliminate the most possibilities ....

http://www.filedropper.com/codeboxsolver
Old 09-02-2012, 05:15 AM

Just wanted to say I absolutely love this game, I'm on 79/100 done atm.
The rotating picture is making me want to smash my iPhone up though, It will either look good but its wrong or Ill be looking for the tiniest of differences and run out of time, frustrating!
I love the way you have made this game, the interaction on it is superb and to be able to come to the forums and have that same interaction is so rare so kudos to you all at ToyStudio/MojoBones, well done!

I would just like to mention that my 4 year old son Dylan now also enjoys this game. He came to me only an hour ago while I was playing and asked if he could play, I gave him my phone and he completed the 1st Tangram in maybe 1:30 or so, I immediately took my wife's phone and asked him to do it again whilst I recorded it and on the 2nd attempt did it in 55 seconds, I was blown away
Old 09-02-2012, 05:55 AM

Hey there Nemesis,

Great work with the puzzles. It looks like puzzle 21 is the one causing a lot of heartache. This was actually the first puzzle game we've attempted here at Mojo Bones, and getting the diffculty balance right is such a hard part of making a game like this. Obviously you want to create a challenge - to keep people coming back for more - but you don't want to make the puzzles so hard that it drives people away (or makes you look like you're just trying to steal people's cash - which was definitely not the case).

It's great to hear that your son managed to work through the Tangram! We'd love to see that vid of him completing it. It just shows you that the difficulty level can be very subjective. Maybe you have a little genius on your hands

As a side note: we've fixed the CodeBox and missing Tangram issues and you'll be pleased to know that we've also changed the icon! Now you'll have a big Mannequin face staring at you. Update will go into submission this week.

Mojo Bones.
Old 09-02-2012, 06:40 AM

I've actually completed the code box, although I must say it was complete luck and luck alone, im still to figure out the actual algorithm of it.
As for the missing tangram solution, i too found that and took a screenshot to send in to you guys, then I realised everyone was having the same issue and you were already on top of it
I am uploading the video of my son to youtube but I have recently moved and have dropped from 100Mb BB to 0.8Mb (OUCH!) so it is going to take 3/4 hour to go up, once its up ill post a link
Got to be honest, if this is the first installment then I cannot wait till future updates, awesome!

Just realised I can post the link Pre-Upload completion, here it is...

[url]http://youtu.be/m7ONVc-cPyU[/url]

Done

Last edited by Nemesis436; 09-02-2012 at 07:16 AM.. Reason: To add youtube link!
Old 09-02-2012, 07:50 AM

That's amazing!

Would you mind if we linked to that on our Facebook page?

Thanks for the upload. It's great.

P.S - if your son needs a job, we'll sign him up
Old 09-02-2012, 08:31 AM

Of course not, link away, actually quite chuffed your puttin it on there, could u link me in it please, my Facebook is ctaylor436@hotmail.co.uk

Thanks for the job offer, I'm sure he would love to in a few years time, haha
Old 09-02-2012, 03:06 PM

Hey Nemesis, just added the article to our Facebook page. Check it out here, and thanks again for sharing the vid (and thank Dylan too).

http://www.facebook.com/mojobonesltd
Old 09-04-2012, 06:52 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Default Game Impressions

Finally completed the game!

Yep, Puzzle 21 was causing all sorts of frustrations. I was sure I was getting the orientations right. Turns out that one of the squares (the one below the 8) was wrong. Bug, maybe, or just not enough clues regarding the orientation from the adjacent squares?

Very smart 100th puzzle as well. Took a while to get, especially as some puzzles needed to be replayed but I felt it was worth the effort!

Great game, the mannequin is a very memorable character, and well excecuted. Definitely deserves the current attention it is getting on the iTunes top 10!!