Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 08-24-2012, 05:59 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royce View Post
They may not be. I would shoot them a support email. There's a link on their site if you click the suggestions tab.
Thanks. I just did that.

Last edited by cabdog; 08-24-2012 at 06:17 PM..
Old 08-24-2012, 10:26 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Default Response from the Developers of E.R.A

Hello guys,

I am the producer of E.R.A and this is the response from the entire team here at Illumesoft Inc.

First of all, big thanks to cabdog and that's how I got here.

And thanks to all of our players, you guys are the only reason we put so much effort into creating this game.

*** Crashing Issue ***

UPDATE: PLEASE DO NOT KILL THE GAME PROCESS WITHOUT MANUALLY SAVING THE GAME FIRST.

And we are waiting for the update to be approved by Apple, which would fix the issue. You should be fine if you save the game properly every time when you shut it down.

We are truly sorry about this! This issue should be completely fixed in our next update.

In the meantime, please make sure you click the Settings icon in the top right corner and SAVE & EXIT every time before you shut down the game or iPad, although we do have a mechanism that automatically saves the game progress even it crashes, from the info cabdog provided, it seems like the data saved has corrupted.

My sincere apologizes to cabdog and other players who have experienced this issue, if you cannot continue the game, you can either wait for our update or the only way to play the game now is to delete it and start over, I know how painful this is, so sorry!

*** Thanks to cabdog ***

This is the first critical bug that's ever been discovered by our players, we can't express how grateful we are about this. As a result we have decided the following:
1. Chris (cabdog) will receive EVERY GAME published by Illumesoft in future for absolutely FREE, every one of them, no matter what platform or title.
2. We'd like to include you in our Special Thanks section in the next update, if you don't mind
3. There is currently no way of granting Intrinsic Energy to a particular player, we might work on this later on.
4. Similar 'reward' policy might apply to other players who'd find bugs or provide significant suggestions, case by case.

*** IAP Nightmare ***

In our original game design, there was no IAP for this game. I can GUARANTEE you guys that you could enjoy the game thoroughly without having to buy a single IAP, in fact this is even included in our game description, simply because I myself hate the games that are designed only to encourage or force players to buy IAP to continue.

Without IAP, you get to experience the game the way we originally designed and PREFERRED -- in a 'slow' yet exciting way, trust me you will understand what I mean once you started playing it. The concept is you need to complete Campaign to be able to grasp the skills of controlling Force and Hero, and recognize 30+ unique enemies coz they each have special skills that challenges you. By the time you've done that, you should be at level 28, give or take depending on your performance.

The Hero automatically levels up, using 70% of the total Intrinsic Energy you gained by completing a level, the I.E. and game score are calculated according to your performance, the number of creeps, and other various factors. In short, you get much more I.E. when you progress through campaign, e.g. around 1500 pts for a level in Chapter 4 or 5, 2000+ pts in the Glacial series or finale.

Also, you can claim your achievements and receive I.E., there is even a secret place that gives you 999 pts of I.E. if you can find it

So by the time you have completed the campaign and claimed I.E. for all the achievements you have earned, you should be able to unlock 80% of the Force abilities and all Hero abilities. And when you reach Endless level, this is the exciting part and where you could unlock the rest of the skills, because if you survived a certain number of waves (tailored for each level), you will earn I.E., and you can even bet to take the prize or continue the challenge.

IAPs are only designed for players who don't have time to go through each level of campaign and accumulate I.E., it's actually a request that we received from one of our players, believe or not.

However, we are open to any suggestions that could improve this system.

*** Gameplay Videos ***

Full version gameplay video of level 1-6 (V1.0.2) [Spoiler Alert!!!] in vimeo, without any help of IAP or advanced ability, just plain Forces with Hero at level 5 --
http://vimeo.com/48414298

A very short demo---
http://youtu.be/14xaW_zLn88

Another one featuring Boss Fight--
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cENNGWLg_o

*** Thanks to all the players! ***

We are thrilled by all the 5 star ratings we've received so far (8 ratings in all countries now and they are all 5 stars).

Warmest regards to all the players who have been playing E.R.A and enjoying it, you guys are awesome!!!

Last edited by Corey.G; 08-28-2012 at 11:02 PM.. Reason: Update info
Old 08-24-2012, 10:44 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Guys, I'm gonna have a meeting with my team soon, but here is something that bothers me as well:

Whenever a player sees a game say priced at $2.99 with IAPs in it, they feel disgusted and I understand, because they'd think this is another piece that's gonna rip me off, forget it! But in fact there are situations that the IAPs are only designed for a small portion of audiences because their need do exist. However there's too much risk to lose the majority players because they already have this impression from other games.

Also, to cabdog, we will think about reducing the amount of I.E. required to unlock the skills in our next update, good advice. And btw, what's a good place to post some strategies and walkthroughs of our game?
Old 08-25-2012, 12:07 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Gameplay video please!
Old 08-25-2012, 12:28 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by redribbon View Post
i need a gameplay video to decide.
Ok guys, we are going to create a video soon
Old 08-25-2012, 01:56 AM

gameplay video please or lite version
Old 08-25-2012, 02:41 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey.G View Post
Guys, I'm gonna have a meeting with my team soon, but here is something that bothers me as well:

Whenever a player sees a game say priced at $2.99 with IAPs in it, they feel disgusted and I understand, because they'd think this is another piece that's gonna rip me off, forget it! But in fact there are situations that the IAPs are only designed for a small portion of audiences because their need do exist. However there's too much risk to lose the majority players because they already have this impression from other games.

Also, to cabdog, we will think about reducing the amount of I.E. required to unlock the skills in our next update, good advice. And btw, what's a good place to post some strategies and walkthroughs of our game?
Thanks for listening. This has me, and all other gamers whose thumbs are about to hit buy, a lot more trusting that you are hopefully not 'out there to make a quick buck' and understand that we already paid a premium price, comparatively speaking, for this great game.

Let me say that TDs are my favorite genre, and consider myself somewhat skilled.
I just spent way too long (hours) trying to beat level 1-6 (yes, I love this game so much, I deleted, and went back through the stages) only to fail miserably on wave 32 or so of 38, this does have me concerned that your gaming model relies on having users upgrade via IAP to beat the levels, but you noted this will be addressesd.

So, I swallowed my pride, and chose the easy difficulty option. Now, I have so much money that I run out of places to put towers with all of them upgraded to the max, yet still have money left over. And, it became extremely boring/depressing to play as the challenge..well, challenge isn't even an idea in the easy mode. Starting off with $32k as opposed to just 2-4k?

Seems like you may have chose the lesser(easier?) option to provide difficulty options. The way other games do it, is by simply toning down the AI oppositions strength, so you still have the thought process of what/where do I put this tower which keeps you engaged by still monitoring your funds. By giving me a crap ton of money, really stole all the fun out of it for me, and even though I can only do that ten(10)times, odd implementation as well in my humble opinion, I would rather get defeated several times as that was a lot more fun than just sitting there and hitting the 'upgrade all' button every so often while randomly placing towers that will probably not even matter. On xtreme to the other..big time.

I am saying all of this, as it is one of the best TDs to hit the AppStore, aside from these minor thorns. I play each and every TD out there, and this one deserves to have some issues rectified, good marketing, and top 10-20 on the charts. I really wish you guys good luck! It's fantastic.

These forums are the best place to post walk troughs, but I know That for most people when playing TDs, we don't want or need that stuff as it makes the game robotic and, once again, takes away the challenge and fun of figuring it all out.
The 'enemies/tips' section in this game is exquisite and provides everything that most would ever need.
Old 08-25-2012, 03:09 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Default Problem found

Hi guys,

I think we have found what the problem is--

It seems like this issue only occurs if you killed the game process in the middle of the battle for a level, so for now--

*** PLEASE DO NOT KILL THE GAME PROCESS WITHOUT SAVING THE GAME ***

We have already submitted an update that will address the issue, and again thanks to cabdog that helped us on this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabdog View Post
Man, am I eating my words.

I sure hope the Devs are following this forum.

I was doing pretty good, got to level six(6) on Chapter 1. I shut down the game, didn't close it out or anything, and now when I attempt to relaunch and pick up where I left of, my progress is screwed.
The 'Continue' button on the upper left shows 'Continue 1-1', Where the level obviously shows that I have completed %14 and I am on the 'What's Flickering' level. Screenshot's below..

Now everytime I hit Continue, I am brought back to the first chapter 'The Beginning', and it starts to load it, then immediately crashes.

So, my progress is all gone. Each level is quite taxing and difficult, so now I don't know if I replay the levels or wait for a fix, but considering we haven't heard a peep from the devs, I may be screwed.

What do you all think? Should I wait for a possible fix, or just delete the thing and start over?

Click on the images for a better view please;
Old 08-25-2012, 03:17 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Good advice on "Reducing difficulty" option, we will consider it in the next update.

Honestly speaking, giving too much money to start off with is somewhat a lazy way to cheer up players for such a great game

And any player who would like to post a video of gameplay is very welcomed since we are so occupied for now to bring the next update to you guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabdog View Post
Thanks for listening. This has me, and all other gamers whose thumbs are about to hit buy, a lot more trusting that you are hopefully not 'out there to make a quick buck' and understand that we already paid a premium price, comparatively speaking, for this great game.

Let me say that TDs are my favorite genre, and consider myself somewhat skilled.
I just spent way too long (hours) trying to beat level 1-6 (yes, I love this game so much, I deleted, and went back through the stages) only to fail miserably on wave 32 or so of 38, this does have me concerned that your gaming model relies on having users upgrade via IAP to beat the levels, but you noted this will be addressesd.

So, I swallowed my pride, and chose the easy difficulty option. Now, I have so much money that I run out of places to put towers with all of them upgraded to the max, yet still have money left over. And, it became extremely boring/depressing to play as the challenge..well, challenge isn't even an idea in the easy mode. Starting off with $32k as opposed to just 2-4k?

Seems like you may have chose the lesser(easier?) option to provide difficulty options. The way other games do it, is by simply toning down the AI oppositions strength, so you still have the thought process of what/where do I put this tower which keeps you engaged by still monitoring your funds. By giving me a crap ton of money, really stole all the fun out of it for me, and even though I can only do that ten(10)times, odd implementation as well in my humble opinion, I would rather get defeated several times as that was a lot more fun than just sitting there and hitting the 'upgrade all' button every so often while randomly placing towers that will probably not even matter. On xtreme to the other..big time.

I am saying all of this, as it is one of the best TDs to hit the AppStore, aside from these minor thorns. I play each and every TD out there, and this one deserves to have some issues rectified, good marketing, and top 10-20 on the charts. I really wish you guys good luck! It's fantastic.

These forums are the best place to post walk troughs, but I know That for most people when playing TDs, we don't want or need that stuff as it makes the game robotic and, once again, takes away the challenge and fun of figuring it all out.
The 'enemies/tips' section in this game is exquisite and provides everything that most would ever need.
Old 08-25-2012, 05:44 AM
iPad mini 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey.G View Post
Hello guys,

I am the producer of E.R.A and this is the response from the entire team here at Illumesoft Inc.

First of all, big thanks to cabdog and that's how I got here.

And thanks to all of our players, you guys are the only reason we put so much effort into creating this game.

*** Crashing Issue ***
We are truly sorry about this! This issue has never ever happened during our 3 months QA testing, and all of our team members have come to the office on this beautiful Saturday morning as soon as they heard the problem, trust me, I promise you guys this will be fixed in our next update.

In the meantime, please make sure you click the Settings icon in the top right corner and SAVE & EXIT every time before you shut down the game or iPad, although we do have a mechanism that automatically saves the game progress even it crashes, from the info cabdog provided, it seems like the data saved has corrupted.

My sincere apologizes to cabdog and other players who have experienced this issue, if you cannot continue the game, you can either wait for our update or the only way to play the game now is to delete it and start over, I know how painful this is, so sorry!

*** Thanks to cabdog ***
This is the first critical bug that's ever been discovered by our players, we can't express how grateful we are about this. As a result we have decided the following:
1. Chris (cabdog) will receive EVERY GAME published by Illumesoft in future for absolutely FREE, every one of them, no matter what platform or title.
2. We'd like to include you in our Special Thanks section in the next update, if you don't mind
3. There is currently no way of granting Intrinsic Energy to a particular player, we might work on this later on.
4. Similar 'reward' policy might apply to other players who'd find bugs or provide significant suggestions, case by case.

*** IAP Nightmare ***
In our original game design, there was no IAP for this game. I can GUARANTEE you guys that you could enjoy the game thoroughly without having to buy a single IAP, in fact this is even included in our game description, simply because I myself hate the games that are designed only to encourage or force players to buy IAP to continue.

Without IAP, you get to experience the game the way we originally designed and PREFERRED -- in a 'slow' yet exciting way, trust me you will understand what I mean once you started playing it. The concept is you need to complete Campaign to be able to grasp the skills of controlling Force and Hero, and recognize 30+ unique enemies coz they each have special skills that challenges you. By the time you've done that, you should be at level 28, give or take depending on your performance.

The Hero automatically levels up, using 70% of the total Intrinsic Energy you gained by completing a level, the I.E. and game score are calculated according to your performance, the number of creeps, and other various factors. In short, you get much more I.E. when you progress through campaign, e.g. around 1500 pts for a level in Chapter 4 or 5, 2000+ pts in the Glacial series or finale.

Also, you can claim your achievements and receive I.E., there is even a secret place that gives you 999 pts of I.E. if you can find it

So by the time you have completed the campaign and claimed I.E. for all the achievements you have earned, you should be able to unlock 80% of the Force abilities and all Hero abilities. And when you reach Endless level, this is the exciting part and where you could unlock the rest of the skills, because if you survived a certain number of waves (tailored for each level), you will earn I.E., and you can even bet to take the prize or continue the challenge.

IAPs are only designed for players who don't have time to go through each level of campaign and accumulate I.E., it's actually a request that we received from one of our players, believe or not.

However, we are open to any suggestion that could improve this system.

Again, this is our very first game and we are thrilled by all the 5 star ratings we've received so far (we got 5 ratings and they are all 5 stars).

Warmest regards to all players who enjoy our game, you guys are awesome!!!

And you just sold another copy.