Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 08-23-2012, 10:22 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Just spent about an hour and a half with this, mainly because I felt compelled to fully give it a chance and the benefit of the doubt. I think all I will say is, it is a Bad Game. The reasons for this are varied and many, and not always simple to verbalize or pin down. To do that endeavour justice woud entail an in-depth, detailed review, and I just don't get paid enough around here for one of those.
Old 08-23-2012, 10:27 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Ouch! Well, I guess I can wait out some more impressions to see if this is a loss!
Old 08-23-2012, 11:04 PM
iPhone 6, iOS 8.x

Downloading now. This looks great.
Old 08-23-2012, 11:28 PM

Gabrien, Give us atleast some examples !!
Old 08-23-2012, 11:41 PM
iPhone 6, iOS 8.x

I like it! I've been into dungeon crawlers lately and this is a good one. I also really like the point based combat system (as opposed to the usual 1:1 turn based thing).
Old 08-23-2012, 11:46 PM
im in ur base killin ur d00dz
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrien View Post
Just spent about an hour and a half with this, mainly because I felt compelled to fully give it a chance and the benefit of the doubt. I think all I will say is, it is a Bad Game. The reasons for this are varied and many, and not always simple to verbalize or pin down. To do that endeavour justice woud entail an in-depth, detailed review, and I just don't get paid enough around here for one of those.
Was about to get it since it looked pretty cool. Then, I read this.
Old 08-24-2012, 12:31 AM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

Love the atmosphere - background music and graphics and controls seem alright, but it's very bare bones in terms of gameplay, content and story. Promising combat system though. Hope the game continues to be developed.

It's somewhat similar to Pitman with the isomeric view, dwarf character and use of action cards -- but Pitman has better gameplay though the presentation is not as polished looking and sounding as this one.
Old 08-24-2012, 02:34 AM

Just because there are different tastes, just wanted to say I'm loving this game. It indeed reminds me of Cadaver and Hero Quest. Looks pretty decent so far, although it could use some more depth in its gameplay.

Now how about a Cadaver port?
Old 08-24-2012, 03:16 AM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), OS 4.x

It's hard to see much of a downside to this, given the intro price, but I guess I'll wait for a few more voices on this.
Old 08-24-2012, 04:10 AM

Well it's a great price and it's very polished and responsive... But I think it might just be broken...

I'm on level three. I am low on health. I walk in to a room and there are three creatures I have to fight. They kill me... Easily. The game restores me to just outside that room, same amount of health. There is no option to use my gold to buy more health potions, no option to restart level 3. I'm just in exactly the same situation. And this room needs to be beaten to progress... So I think I'm completely stuck.

But for this, I was enjoying the game immensely up until that point...

(edit) So I did get past that part by being careful about my movement, there's a way to avoid getting hit at the start while still killing the first enemy who drops a potion... So I'm on level 4 - a boss in a room that contains a lever. I managed to pull the lever before the boss could kill me (I'm one hit away from dying and the 'careful movement' ploy doesn't work against this guy who had a ranged attack.

But by pulling the lever, the game has saved THAT point as my new restore... And so the boss kills me, I'm restored to the point before he delivers the killing blow... Which he does... So it restores... Ad infinitum. I don't even get a turn so it's definitely busted.

Jamie

Last edited by badmanj; 08-24-2012 at 04:29 AM..