Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 08-24-2012, 03:38 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by badmanj View Post
So I'm on level 4 - a boss in a room that contains a lever. I managed to pull the lever before the boss could kill me (I'm one hit away from dying and the 'careful movement' ploy doesn't work against this guy who had a ranged attack.
That one got me as well. Had to restart the game.
Old 08-24-2012, 03:57 AM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

When you walk into room with a few enemies that may overwhelm, you can't exit either it seems. In any case, at the moment, not a lot of ways to get out of a bad situation.

Last edited by Ravenblack; 08-24-2012 at 04:02 AM..
Old 08-24-2012, 03:59 AM

I loved cadaver back in the day and I was SO close to getting this game until I read the last 2 posts. This game sounds way too frustrating.

Shame though, it does look awesome.

Maybe it'll be made easier with a future update.
Old 08-24-2012, 04:26 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Woh... Looks like a solid dungeon crawler.
Old 08-24-2012, 05:21 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hex Blade View Post
I loved cadaver back in the day and I was SO close to getting this game until I read the last 2 posts. This game sounds way too frustrating.

Shame though, it does look awesome.

Maybe it'll be made easier with a future update.
Exactly the same here, that is just plain broken.
Old 08-24-2012, 05:22 AM
Developer
iPad, iOS 5.x

Send a message via Skype™ to DylanNagel

Hello everyone, I'm Dylan, the developer of Dwarf Quest. Fantastic to wake up and see this topic already created! (Thanks Echoseven)

I really appreciate all of you showing interest in this, of course all of you getting the game, and also any and all feedback.

Sanuku: thanks for sharing your gameplay video. Personally I feel you're showing quite a long clip, I would have been more confortable with 5 to 10 minutes. As a Touch Arcade member myself though, I appreciate your work a lot so let's keep it as it is for now.

Gabrien: I'd love to hear your thoughts, but understand you might want to spend your time playing games you do like instead. The fact you don't recommend it will probably have an effect on the game's success, but I'm hopeful nonetheless!

Ravenblack: solid feedback, thanks! I do intend to keep on improving (and expanding the game). In all honesty I will have to consider how it does commercially, but of course I want to provide a good experience.

pathouli: Cadaver gets a lot of mentions, indeed! Ironically I never played it back in the day, but I definitely watched a few gameplay videos while working on Dwarf Quest.

AnarKitty: just to be transparent about it, the price will switch to regular on September 1st. I am positive the game will go on sale again in the future, but maybe it will take a while.

badmanj / Jamie: I am very, very sorry to hear about that bug! We did extensive testing, and overall I dare to say it's a pretty stabile game. All I can do at this point in time is promise I'll take care of that bug as soon as possible and push an update right away. I have a few more fixes on my list already (minor collision stuff mostly), those will be fixed too.

As for balancing: I will make a note of that particular case you described. I chose to release the game today because it's actually 20 years ago since I made the original game when I was in highschool. . Also, generally speaking, many of our testers ran out of potions at different points in the game. Again, a balancing issue.

As for spending gold to restock: that will be taken care of in one of the very first updates!

Gabrien: ah, I certainly understand that would ruin your experience. Again, I sincerely apologize for that one, and I promise it will get fixed asap.

For future players: for now, first kill all the monsters in a room, then flip switches and grab the gold.

Ravenblack: locking you in a room during combat is intentional, otherwise it would be much less of a challenge. In rare cases it apparently leads to problems, which of course have to be fixed.

Hex Blade: most of our testers actually mentioned that Dwarf Quest is far from frustrating, almost casual. I hope you'll reconsider after I fix this one particular bug.

Again, thanks everyone! I promise to support the game and to address serious issues like those that have been reported. I also have a few cool updates in mind, which I'll talk about later.

Last edited by DylanNagel; 08-24-2012 at 06:13 AM..
Old 08-24-2012, 05:31 AM
iPhone 6, iOS 8.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by DylanNagel View Post
Hello everyone, I'm Dylan, the developer of Dwarf Quest. Fantastic to wake up and see this topic already created! (Thanks Echoseven)

I really appreciate all of you showing interest in this, of course all of you getting the game, and also any and all feedback.

[... pretty big wall of text...]

Again, thanks everyone! I promiss to support the game and to address serious issues like those that have been reported. I also have a few cool updates in mind, which I'll talk about later.

Even if I was hestitating before, this friendly and polite response to everything sold me.
Old 08-24-2012, 05:40 AM

Dylan - you are definitely one of the good guys and I sincerely hope this title works out for you.

Thanks for taking a look at the lever/boss issue.

On a related note - if I've cleared all creatures from a level and claimed all items - except for one last piece - the boss (the situation I was in before I came across the lever problem), and I have virtually no health left... I clearly cannot defeat the boss. Is it the intention of the game design that I have to give up and start the game again from Level 1? Or can every creature be beaten with the correct strategy, without you needing to take a single hit?

Also, is there any way to spend the gold in the game or is it simply a way of keeping score?

Thanks,

Jamie
Old 08-24-2012, 07:46 AM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

Dylan, thanks for your response. Look forward to more on what you will do with this game.
Old 08-24-2012, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DylanNagel View Post

(...)
Well, i was just thnking to delay my "Buy" but your post change my thought. Now i am ready to buy it