Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 09-18-2012, 06:24 PM
Developer
iPad, iOS 5.x

Send a message via Skype™ to DylanNagel

After about a week and a half after the update was approved I'm glad to report that v1.1 took care of most of the issues that bugged the game at launch. It seems there are still a few left, most of of them appearing on slightly older devices. Rest assured I'll take care of these problems in the near future.

After the update, the most common feedback has definitely been about the length of the game. I hinted at a new level generation system before, perhaps adding a more Rogue-like replayability to Dwarf Quest (in addition to the current 'storymode' levels).

Of course, it would take considerable effort to develop, so I haven't decided yet. I think I'll go ahead and at the very least design the system on paper, taking into account everything I learned while handcrafting the current levels.

Naturally, any thoughts on the matter are more than welcome and greatly appreciated, thanks!
Old 09-18-2012, 06:40 PM
Developer
iPad, iOS 5.x

And to respond to the last few posts:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidianGTX View Post
I might just have to check this out as part of my big iPad strategy games hunt.
Did you pick it up yet? Let me know what you think!

Quote:
Originally Posted by araczynski View Post
thanks for the update!
Sure thing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorhead View Post
Don't know if this was intentional or not, but you don't get to restart a level with Your Health restored. This bites since i'm stuck on the level with the minotaur and almost no health (and no shrines In sight.)

UPDATE:

Just Found a Shrine, and bought some health Scrolls.

But i'm still getting my A.. kicked by the Minotaur.
Yes, that's intentional, as it's essentially loading a save game made at the start of that level. I did consider refilling the healthbar upon entering a new dungeon level, but felt that would undermine the use of potions and Battle Cards.

Good to hear you found an altar though! When facing a big monster such as a Minotaur, don't forget to block from time to time by tapping the dwarf!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscar Streaker View Post
Eh... Your map tables are broken. I've encountered multiple instances of the wrong room, or no room (player runs off the edge of the screen) being displayed on exit. The map/rooms are too out of sync where I am to continue.
Sorry about that! That bug seems to appear from time to time. I'll look into it for the next update. For now, please use the new Restart Level option that is included in v1.1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyGamer View Post
Played after update and enjoyed it, balance was OK, maybe a little easy now.

Took me about 90min to finish (probably 2 hours exploring also the last open rooms), too little for $2.99 IMO, easily enough for $0.99 sales price.

Didn't feel much like a roguelike to me, which I found positive. Encountered no bugs. Liked the simple graphics which were easily diverse enough for the short playtime, a little more story and real puzzles would help.

4 of 5 stars from me.
Thanks for your review, LazyGamer! As I said, I'm aware of the game's length, also in relation to its price. For now, I'll keep it at this tier, but should a substantial update take a while to appear, I might lower it at some point in the future. Certainly not too soon after launch though, I never like it when that happens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald View Post
Concept is very nice of this game. I like this game so much.
That's really great to hear Donald, your comment made my day!
Old 01-24-2013, 09:24 AM
Developer
iPad, iOS 5.x

Hi everyone, it's been a while since I last posted. Just wanted to let you all know that Dwarf Quest will go on sale some time next week, probably February 1st. The sale price will be $0.99 , to celebrate Dwarf Quest coming to PC and Mac!

Also, more DQ news very soon. I'm still committed to making an update that includes generated levels. In any case, something bigger might also be in the works!
Old 01-24-2013, 09:26 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by DylanNagel View Post
Hi everyone, it's been a while since I last posted. Just wanted to let you all know that Dwarf Quest will go on sale some time next week, probably February 1st. The sale price will be $0.99 , to celebrate Dwarf Quest coming to PC and Mac!

Also, more DQ news very soon. I'm still committed to making an update that includes generated levels. In any case, something bigger might also be in the works!
Ooh!
Old 01-24-2013, 10:52 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by DylanNagel View Post

Great news Dylan! Thx for the sale! Keep up the good work!
Old 01-29-2013, 05:25 PM
Developer
iPad, iOS 5.x

Thanks for the support, Psiufoxx and Capronissimo71!

I hereby confirm the previously announced sale, as I just programmed it to start this Friday February 1st. The new price will be $0.99.

As for Dwarf Quest for desktop: it will be part of the wonderful Green Light Bundle first. Check out their site, and be amazed by the amount of gaming goodness you'll get for only $5: http://www.thegreenlightbundle.com/
The Bundle goes live this Friday as well. I'll post a friendly reminder as soon as it's available.

And if you really want to show your support, I would super-appreciate a vote for Dwarf Quest on Steam Greenlight. Thanks so much!

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=114241031
Old 02-15-2013, 11:04 AM
Developer
iPad, iOS 5.x

Hi everyone,

We're super excited to announce Dwarf Quest 2 today:

"Morrin Firebeard is back! Explore ancient dungeons, slay fierce monsters and find shiny treasure in this sequel thatís bigger and better in every way!"

We also opened up our very own community forums. If you like Dwarf Quest, pay us a visit and help create the next game in the series.

Finally, the original Dwarf Quest will remain on sale until midnight tonight. Go grab it for just $0.99 now if you want to check it out.

Thanks for your support and have a great weekend everyone!
Old 05-29-2013, 11:33 AM
Developer
iPad, iOS 5.x

Help us make a better sequel! If you have a few minutes to spare, we'd appreciate your input. Thank you!

http://www.wcrd.co/DQ2Survey
Old 08-24-2013, 09:38 AM
Developer
iPad, iOS 5.x

Happy August 24th everyone! Exactly 21 years ago, the very first Dwarf Quest game was released. And exactly 1 year ago, Dwarf Quest 1 came out for iOS... time flies!

To celebrate, DQ1 will go on sale this Wednesday: $0.99 for iPad and iPhone, $1.99 for PC and Mac.

Also, the crowdfunding campaign for Dwarf Quest 2 will start on the same day, so stay tuned!

http://www.dwarfquestgame.com
Old 08-24-2013, 10:41 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Default Let's see...

If I remember correctly this game was buggy, brain dead simple, and had abysmal support. Every level was the same rigid key puzzle. If you blew it anywhere there was no way to fix it or grind your way out of it like a real rogue-like or rpg. Yeah... good luck with that...