★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iSamurai approved

06-06-2009, 08:07 AM
iSamurai approved

Hi everyone,

Our Game Has Been Approved!
iSamurai, our ground-breaking game, has been approved by Apple and will be for sale in the iTunes store on June 11th.

iPhone Launch Party
We will also be demonstrating iSamurai at Touch Arcade's and MacHeist's iPhone Launch Party on June 10th.

Previously Posted Pictures
Previously, we posted pictures of our Dojo and found out that our Samurai swords were upside down... which is why our game was delayed (Joke). Actually we did fix the swords, but our game was delayed because Apple sent it back three times for a bug fix and for some other changes. Basically they search until they find something that needs to be fixed or changed and then they inform us. After we handle that issue and re-submit, they continue their search until something else is found. So the whole process can take some time as we found out.

More Pictures
The exact nature of the game has to remain confidential until the Launch Party on June 10th. However here are some more pictures. First the splash screen from the game:

If anyone would like to see a larger version: http://toykite.com/sites/default/files/iSamurai-600.jpg

If anyone would like a poster, open this link and then click on the image to zoom in: http://toykite.com/sites/default/fil...urai-1600b.jpg

This is the warrior:

Here are some additional screens from the game, quotes from legendary warriors:

Thanks for your responses to my earlier posts, and for your patience while we got our game approved.

Upgrades
Thanks to our beta testers, we have already submitted our first upgrade to Apple, and we are hoping that it will be ready by June 11. If not, iSamurai will still release on the 11th, and then there will be a free upgrade shortly after that.

We are planning a number of additional enhancements and expansions of iSamurai, so we are very interested in your feedback.

:-)

Doug Hogg
Toy Kite Software

Last edited by doughogg; 06-06-2009 at 09:52 PM.
06-06-2009, 08:33 AM
im psyced for this!!!

Add me on Plus/OpenFeint/Gamecenter/Crystal: redsoxsrule424
Moderator at Com2uS' forums: http://global.com2us.com/forums
Moderator in IMO: [-MD-]soxrock424 in Siras, on Wadangka!

06-06-2009, 09:08 AM
Thanks!

We could have released iSamurai a week ago, but we couldn't pass up the honor of releasing it at the iPhone Launch Party.

Along with many other interesting people, Steve Wozniak, the co-founder of Apple and inventor of the first Apple computer, will be there.

Doug Hogg
Toy Kite Software
06-06-2009, 09:23 AM
Congrats on the approval! Was it approved today? Did not know that app reviewers work (although I would love to pay for them out of my own pocket for doing it ) on weekends or it could be review bots

We're still waiting for ours to be approved. Getting mad already.

Excited to see your demo at the IPhone Launch Party! We'll be there too. Would love to chat more at the party. Go IPhone Launch!

Co-Founder/ IPhone Game Programmer
LeftRight Studios | LeftRight Studios Game Videos | Our iPhone Games: smackBOTS (Free) Top 100 App | KatchUp
06-06-2009, 09:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by khangtoh View Post
Congrats on the approval! Was it approved today? Did not know that app reviewers work (although I would love to pay for them out of my own pocket for doing it ) on weekends or it could be review bots

We're still waiting for ours to be approved. Getting mad already.

Excited to see your demo at the IPhone Launch Party! We'll be there too. Would love to chat more at the party. Go IPhone Launch!
Thanks. iSamurai was submitted to Apple on May 5th. We sent a preliminary version to Arn here at Touch Arcade and we were invited to release iSamurai at the iPhone Launch Party. After some discussion, we decided to accept the invitation and release at the party. The very next day, we received the approval.

At this point, we are very stoked to be heading up to San Francisco (we are in Los Angeles) for the event. It was definitely the right decision.

I think you will be impressed by our demo. I look forward to meeting you and chatting at the party - should be wild!

Doug Hogg
Toy Kite Software
06-06-2009, 10:35 AM
Artwork looks pretty amazing. Cant wait to hear details of the gameplay..

Crystal, OpenFeint, Plus+, Disc Drivin: Prab | Game Center: PrabSG
06-07-2009, 04:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prab View Post
Artwork looks pretty amazing. Cant wait to hear details of the gameplay..
Thanks. We will be posting the details of the game right after the iPhone Launch Party on June 10th.

The gameplay is what makes iSamurai "ground-breaking".

Last edited by doughogg; 06-07-2009 at 04:34 AM.
06-07-2009, 06:35 AM
is there som ingame video somewhere?
06-07-2009, 07:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by asbjoern View Post
is there som ingame video somewhere?
Hi,

We do have some videos, but we have promised to release iSamurai at Touch Arcade's iPhone Launch Party in San Francisco. If we showed the videos now, we would ruin the surprise.

However, I will be posting a video here at Touch Arcade after the party on Wed, June 10th.

I will say this: both our programmers are robotics engineers and they have applied their skills to this game. In my opinion, it will shake up the iPhone game industry, because it does break new ground.

Doug Hogg
Toy Kite Software
06-09-2009, 01:05 PM
So, did anyone guess right in your "guess what kind of game this is" contest?