★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Why is UK always last?

08-23-2012, 11:43 PM
Why is UK always last?

So there's been a couple games that I have added to my watch list e.g 'the Simpsons tapped out' and 'Jurassic park builder' which I have been notified that they have been released, only to find that when I click on them to take me to the app store I get message stating that 'the request could not be completed' (or something to that effect) is it just me or is the UK a little behind?? I can't seem to find any news anywhere?

P.S these aren't the only two games that I have this problem with there are a couple of other titles I've been after for a while and still can't seem to get them in the UK
08-24-2012, 02:27 AM
I know that Simpsons Tapped Out had to be pulled from the app store because of some bugs that needed to be fixed. From my knowledge, TSTO is now back on the app store, but I cannot find it even when searching. The same thing must of happened the Jurassic Park Builder.

The UK always get a new release a day later as well. That is quite annoying. I can say this because I am in the United Kingdom also.

08-24-2012, 02:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeletonlord View Post
The UK always get a new release a day later as well. That is quite annoying. I can say this because I am in the United Kingdom also.
The UK get most new releases before the US due to our time zone being several hours ahead. I'm not sure where you get the idea that the UK get games a day later.
08-24-2012, 03:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Candykiller View Post
The UK get most new releases before the US due to our time zone being several hours ahead. I'm not sure where you get the idea that the UK get games a day later.
NZ threads maybe?

Often games will be posted here on TA before they hit the US, and there are some limited releases (Canada-only, for example).

Need professional proofreading, editing or writing that won't break your budget?
Contact me at youarelowonhealth.com or via PM.
08-24-2012, 03:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoseven View Post
NZ threads maybe?

Often games will be posted here on TA before they hit the US, and there are some limited releases (Canada-only, for example).
Oh yes, I understand that. We don't get too bad a deal in the UK, though. The US have to wait even longer. I guess I was referring to the thread title. We're not "always last."

Last edited by Candykiller; 08-24-2012 at 03:29 AM.
08-29-2012, 02:22 AM
Maybe so, but still I want these titles now! Haha. Especially 'Tapped Out' which is still not available on the UK app store but has been available in the US again for some time now.
08-29-2012, 02:31 AM
I thought the UK only gets games later due to the timezones and nothing else. NZ gets the games first when its 00.00am in NZ, we get them when its 00.00 in the UK.

It seems quite common now for companies to 'test' their games in Canada rather than NZ.

It does annoy me when games are released just for one region, eg a classic arcade game (Penguin Kun Wars) i found on itunes, but its only for the US and wouldnt let me buy it in the UK store. Emailed the company but they didnt seem interested in allowing the game in other regions. Does it cost companies more money to have their games in every 'zone' ? Didnt think it did.

Last edited by psj3809; 08-29-2012 at 02:46 AM.
08-29-2012, 09:02 AM
i live in the uk to and i think game developers are valuing other countries more highly now to sell games to and think people from England are now poor?

Hello i like playing games
08-29-2012, 09:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamer234 View Post
i live in the uk to and i think game developers are valuing other countries more highly now to sell games to and think people from England are now poor?
Ehhh ? People in England are poor ?

All it is is that games come out at midnight, New Zealand are ahead of the UK so get the games early thats all. Nothing to do with 'poor' people in England who cant afford 69p games etc

By the way whats your signature about ? I clicked on it and Malware Anti-bytes went crazy
08-29-2012, 06:12 PM
Well how come titles such as the aforementioned 'tapped out' still aren't in the uk but have been available in the US for a couple weeks now?? As I also mentioned previously this is not the only title, but it's the one I'm most eager to see 😝