★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Beta Testers: Sharing game screen

06-06-2009, 09:14 AM
Sharing game screen feature/site

We're almost complete on a game screen sharing feature/site and would like to know if this makes sense.

Any other games can incorporate this feature into their game, just like a "PAUSE" button, this screen capture button will capture your action while it's going on or at the end of the game screen showing final score.

So when a capture is done, it will be saved and then later prompt you to upload to our screen sharing site.

Love or hate this, we like to know.

Co-Founder/ IPhone Game Programmer
LeftRight Studios | LeftRight Studios Game Videos | Our iPhone Games: smackBOTS (Free) Top 100 App | KatchUp

Last edited by khangtoh; 06-06-2009 at 10:15 AM.
06-06-2009, 10:22 AM
Sounds very interesting! I'm sure a lot of developers will implement this into their games, especially in beta versions for catching bugs.

/l、
(゚、
 l、 ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ Inconspicuous Group Cat?

06-06-2009, 10:25 AM
So basically its like a screenshot without having to painstakingly press the off/on and home button and then have it automatically sent somewhere? Yeah.. that sounds quite good and useful actually.

Not sure if other devs would be interested to use your feature though. they might be able to just implement it themselves.

Crystal, OpenFeint, Plus+, Disc Drivin: Prab | Game Center: PrabSG
06-06-2009, 12:04 PM
Good Idea!!
06-06-2009, 12:23 PM
very good idea! I know that brushes records your brushstrokes automatically so you can play them back on the computer. Maybe you could implement something like that with your app.

Beta Testing:FaceRace, Hook Champ
Beta Tested:Hybrid: Eternal Whisper, Townrs version 1.1, Zenonia, Koala darts, Quadrum Colors, and iSR.
Contact me to beta test your games!
06-06-2009, 01:16 PM
Or you could do what spawn illuminati does and tap with three fingers to take a screenshot.

Add me on Plus/OpenFeint/Gamecenter/Crystal: redsoxsrule424
Moderator at Com2uS' forums: http://global.com2us.com/forums
Moderator in IMO: [-MD-]soxrock424 in Siras, on Wadangka!
06-06-2009, 01:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mew2468 View Post
Sounds very interesting! I'm sure a lot of developers will implement this into their games, especially in beta versions for catching bugs.
Yeah.. We've not thought of this usage pattern, but definitely it'll help with beta testing!

LeftRight Studios | LeftRight Studios Game Videos | Our iPhone Games: smackBOTS (Free) Top 100 App | KatchUp
06-06-2009, 01:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redsoxsrule424 View Post
Or you could do what spawn illuminati does and tap with three fingers to take a screenshot.
Definitely, that's a great suggestion. When we open the API to other devs/games, we will have various options to that will invoke the screen capture function, like three finger multitouch, button, etc