★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Disney Puzzle Family (An Overlooked Puzzler)

06-06-2009, 10:44 AM
Disney Puzzle Family (An Overlooked Puzzler)

Hey everyone! I was absolutely shocked to see that this game has been getting no attention. I was in the need for another app purchase (I must say I have a problem) And I picked this game up. All I can say is WOW!

here is the link: http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=313436700&mt=8

I'm actually a "collect everything" psycho when it comes to video games, and there is just so much content to be found in this title. There are ten games with purchasable difficulties, and purchasable items to customize your avatar. There also appears to be online ranking (which I have yet to confirm).

What really strikes me about this title is the presentation. The graphics are fun and colorful; character really shines throughout the menus and gameplay.

This game is a "must buy" if you are a Puzzle League fan. Disney Puzzle Family has my thumbs up recommendation

"I have nothing to say, and I'm saying it" - John Cage
Plus+ ID= Maythius

Game Center: Maythius
06-06-2009, 11:03 AM
Its ok... a little too simple for my liking. We have a review over at STP... can't link it

Associate Editor, Slide To Play and Padvance
Follow me on Twitter
Feel free to email me at tim@slidetoplay.com if you want to bring a game or update to our attention.

06-06-2009, 11:07 AM
Yes I read the review, and I don't entirely agree with it. The concept of the puzzles may be simple, but the game ranks up in difficulty quickly.

Plus+ ID= Maythius

06-06-2009, 11:22 AM
I put this on my snipe list, when it released, so thank you both for your reviews.

Now Playing: Vietnam '65 | .Decluster | BP2Black | Monster Hunter Freedom Unite | Banner Saga | Ultimate General Gettysburg | Papers, Please | SmartGo Kifu | Crowntakers | Brogue | FTL
06-06-2009, 11:41 AM
looks interesting, think I will add this to my ever growing list of 'apps to get'. love disney and so do my kids. i hadn't seen it before this post. thanx
06-06-2009, 12:09 PM
Do the collected items have any gameplay effects? I hate flash without substance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maythius View Post
Hey everyone! I was absolutely shocked to see that this game has been getting no attention. I was in the need for another app purchase (I must say I have a problem) And I picked this game up. All I can say is WOW!

here is the link: http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=313436700&mt=8

I'm actually a "collect everything" psycho when it comes to video games, and there is just so much content to be found in this title. There are ten games with purchasable difficulties, and purchasable items to customize your avatar. There also appears to be online ranking (which I have yet to confirm).

What really strikes me about this title is the presentation. The graphics are fun and colorful; character really shines throughout the menus and gameplay.

This game is a "must buy" if you are a Puzzle League fan. Disney Puzzle Family has my thumbs up recommendation

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
06-06-2009, 12:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordGek View Post
Do the collected items have any gameplay effects? I hate flash without substance.
yes the items provide simple advantages. Slowing down the timer is an example

Plus+ ID= Maythius

06-06-2009, 12:32 PM
Quote:
yes the items provide simple advantages. Slowing down the timer is an example
How about cool powerups within each of the games?

My iTunes Reviews
06-06-2009, 12:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordGek View Post
How about cool powerups within each of the games?
Yes during the game there are several items that appear. Items that destroy columns or destroy all of the same color. There are also traps the make the game difficult as well

Each game also has hidden missions that you can accomplish to earn items

I can also confirm that there are leaderboards

I rank 43 in the "All Ranking" category

Plus+ ID= Maythius

Last edited by Maythius; 06-06-2009 at 12:45 PM.
06-06-2009, 12:44 PM
Quote:
Yes during the game there are several items that appear. Items that destroy columns or destroy all of the same color. There are also traps the make the game difficult as well

Each game also has hidden missions that you can accomplish to earn items
Lastly, I'm assuming these are all randomized Tetris like games, not a series of pre-scripted puzzles (like Trism's Sylogism)?

My iTunes Reviews