★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: ***Ham on the Run! does not support the iPad (4th generation) with Retina display and iPhone 3GS, iPod Touch 3rd Generation or earlier devices***

Meet Ham - a pig who loves to run! Use one touch controls to avoid hazards, collect powerups and grab tickets. Spin the wheel to win prizes and use them to compete on the leaderboards.

Use crazy powerups for more distance
Game Center Leaderboards
Upgrade powerups and buy next run boosts in the store
Simple one touch controls
Complete over 150 challenging missions
In game friend score markers
"Just one more try" gameplay for endless fun
More chickens than you can count

Ham on the Run! is free to play, but you can choose to pay real money for some extra items, which will charge your iTunes account. You can disable in-app purchasing by adjusting your device settings.

Sanuku's comments:

08-24-2012, 03:10 PM
this is actually a pretty fun game

Game center:dreadnokv1/ Twitter:@dreadnokv1
Ravenmark:Scourge of Estellion Best TBS since Advance Wars http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/raven...6806?ls=1&mt=8

08-24-2012, 03:14 PM
Downloading now.. although it is Glu Games

Game Center: sink_or_swim
08-25-2012, 06:55 AM
I'm enjoying this game a lot. It's like jetpack joyride with different missions, spin wheel and nice power-ups. IAP are not needed, you get a lot veggies by completing missions, reaching new ranks or on the spin wheel. Only complaint I have is the performance, it could run a bit smoother.

Game Center: sink_or_swim
09-09-2012, 12:54 PM
This game seems reasonably fun, but I'm not quite understanding how you're supposed to improve in this game.

Most of these endless runner games include "vehicles" of some sort that you can update by earning "coins." As you continue to upgrade the vehicles, they get better and stronger.

They also typically include "missions" that, as you complete the missions, you "level up" and leveling up typically increases some sort of score multiplier, allowing you to get bigger and better scores.

In Ham on the Run, they do have missions, and they do have you level up, but leveling up does not appear to do anything at all. I have completed many missions, and I am now at Level 9, but that doesn't appear to have any significance whatsoever. The pig has no increased life, there is no real "score" since they only measure distance run, and there does not appear to be any value in leveling up at all.

Plus, I have almost maxed out the upgrades for the 4 vehicles, and even though the vehicles were given a little extra "protection" against damage and have increased the ability to grab vegetables, it doesn't seem very significant.

I have played this game for a while, and still can't seem to get past 6000 feet. In several instances, the obstacles seem almost impossible to avoid, such that timing the jumps has no real effect.

Anyway, what am I missing here?

Thanks in advance.
09-11-2012, 11:47 AM
Ham on the Run is a well-made, light-hearted runner that packs hours of fun.

Battle for Utopia: Greatest FREE game ever. period. Great graphics and flawless game play.
09-11-2012, 12:03 PM
I could as well get into this as the last Glu game i played was totally enjoyable without the need for IAP in the form of Eternity Warriors 2. And of course, it's a runner game so...

Although I find it weird Glu decided to go with a game with this graphic quality when their other games are mostly rendered in 3d.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword