★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Occurro! The Game of Stellar Combat ...from Acceleroto

06-06-2009, 03:13 PM
Occurro! The Game of Stellar Combat ...from Acceleroto

I'm the lead developer at Acceleroto & I'm happy to announce our upcoming title Occurro! It's a fast-paced 360 degree top-down shooter with piles of different enemies. It's been in development for almost four months and we have just a few finishing touches before submitting it to Apple. Please check out the pre-release teaser below. It shows some of the menus and a couple minutes of game play.

Youtube link | Pop Up
(available in HD at youTube - once they get done processing it)

Occurro! will have options for tilt & touch-anywhere motion controls. Lasers are fired & aimed by touch-anywhere controls. Bombs detonate with a double tap anywhere on the screen. Location-aware high scores are handled by Geocade.

Expect it later this month!
06-06-2009, 03:22 PM
The game looks great!

Are their different weapons or upgrades to the default lasers?

06-06-2009, 08:10 PM
Thanks! That's actually some of the things we're still tidying up. The plan is to have laser power ups in the initial release, but the only secondary weapon will be bombs. You can get extra bombs as power ups though. There are plans for several other secondary weapons as power ups in the future - including some very fun new ideas.

The beta team has been wonderful so far. We'll continue to get things polished & ready for the masses. I'm expecting to send it to Apple in just over a week!
06-06-2009, 08:29 PM
I have faith you may eventually have a game that stands out among the MANY top down shooters that have come out recently but I'm probably going to wait until I see a little more.

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
06-06-2009, 08:35 PM
Are you going to be including a d-pad for movement as well for those who may not want to use the accelerometer?
06-06-2009, 08:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilishly Good View Post
Are you going to be including a d-pad for movement as well for those who may not want to use the accelerometer?
The bottom of the first post says there will be options for Accelerometer and touch anywhere controls for motion.

So it should feel a lot like Dropship
06-06-2009, 08:41 PM
I didn't know whether the "touch anywhere controls" meant literally touch where you want the ship to go or a d-pad type thing...
06-06-2009, 08:46 PM
I think they are using the same as the shooting control

Place your thumb down anywhere and use it like a virtual joystick. That's only my guess though.

I hope it's not a d pad cause then we wouldn't get the subtle thrust control like the accelerometer. But there is definitely a control scheme there for those that don't like to use their accelerometer much (me being one for the battery savings)
06-06-2009, 08:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilishly Good View Post
I didn't know whether the "touch anywhere controls" meant literally touch where you want the ship to go or a d-pad type thing...
We definitely realize that some people prefer touch controls over tilt. So, you'll have the option to select either touch or tilt controls for motion of your ship. The default setup for touch controls will be lasers on the right side (as seen in the video) and motion on the left. There won't be a static d-pad though. Whenever you place your finger (I use my thumb) on the screen, that place becomes the new center of your direction control.

The motion control works just like you see the laser control working in the video. This seems to be a very popular method of control...I like it!
06-06-2009, 09:00 PM
Ah, okay, thank you for the clarification. I look forward to seeing your game come out.