★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

App price changes undone?!

08-27-2012, 02:35 PM
App price changes undone?!

Yesterday I've made AnyMoney free - however the app gets automatically reverted back to paid, and the original price is shown. I checked in iTunesConnect, and the app was still free. I quickly switched again between paid and free and resaved, and after a while the app showed up as free again in the AppStore. However, this did not last long: after a few hours the app is again $1.99.

I think this is probably some - hopefully temporary - issue with the AppStore.

So have you noticed lately that price changes are undone automatically? If yes, is there any solution for this issue? I am going to report this to Apple, but first I'd like to see whether others are also experiencing similar artifacts recently.

Btw, would you please doublecheck on your iDevice and/or Mac whether AnyMoney shows up with the $1.99 pricetag instead of being free? Thanks in advance! Maybe it's just some caching problem on my side...

08-27-2012, 04:49 PM
Showing as free for me.
08-28-2012, 04:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royce View Post
Showing as free for me.
Thanks. However, as you see, this is not the case anymore. The price went back in the AppStore to $1.99 without any intervention from my side. In iTunes Connect I still see it being free...

I've contacted Apple, this seems to a be some database issue.
08-28-2012, 09:11 AM
This may be completely unrelated, but I also had a very strange iTunes Connect issue recently. I removed an app for sale from all stores worldwide. A few days later the app was available again in the App Store and was marked as available in all countries worldwide. Super weird.
08-28-2012, 09:14 AM
There is high chance this is the same issue. Have you reported this to Apple? Maybe if more devs complain they fix the issue sooner.
08-28-2012, 09:56 AM
This is a weird problem. I'll keep an eye out for it.