★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: "I Dig It" and Lite. Was #1 Top Game!!

06-06-2009, 09:42 PM
"I Dig It" and Lite. Was #1 Top Game!!

Hi,

This is Brian from InMotion Software (the makers of Dungeon Defense). Our latest title "I Dig It" has just been released on iTunes. It's an arcade style underground exploration game similar in concept to the popular flash game "Motherload".

The game has a main campaign that takes 2-3 hours to complete, plus several side mini-game challenges each ranging from 5-30 mins to complete.

Here are some screenshots to give you an idea.

The game is on sale for $0.99 as an introductory price so get it now!

iTunes Link

Here's a link to the game play video

Thanks and enjoy!

Brian Howard
InMotion Software

Last edited by bghoward; 06-07-2009 at 11:22 AM. Reason: Added game play video
06-06-2009, 09:48 PM
WHOO! Motherload. This looks really nice. After Star Defense comes out I may pick this one up.

06-06-2009, 10:01 PM
Hi and welcome to TA
06-06-2009, 10:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bghoward View Post
Hi,

This is Brian from InMotion Software (the makers of Dungeon Defense). Our latest title "I Dig It" has just been released on iTunes. It's an arcade style underground exploration game similar in concept to the popular flash game "Motherload".
I'm just bought it mostly 'cause its only 99 cents and i like both the screenshots and Dungeon Defense.

Can I make suggestion? For those of us who have never heard of or played Motherload if might be helpful to explain the dynamics of the game a bit.
06-06-2009, 10:14 PM
Yeah, I would like that...I have never heard of this Motherload game you're referring to...and I hope you have more in the works for Dungeon Defense as well.
06-06-2009, 10:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlkaufman View Post
I'm just bought it mostly 'cause its only 99 cents and i like both the screenshots and Dungeon Defense.

Can I make suggestion? For those of us who have never heard of or played Motherload if might be helpful to explain the dynamics of the game a bit.
Sure, no problem.

In the campaign mode you play as farmer Lewis, who in a last ditch effort to save his farm from foreclosure, builds a digging machine to search underground for precious gems, ores, and rare items called "diggins".

As you collect these items, you fly back up to the surface to fuel-up and sell your "diggins". You then use the money you receive to purchase upgrades for your digger which allows you to explore further and further down below ground to find the more valuable items. But you have to be quick so you can raise enough money to buy back your farm before the time runs out.

To succeed in the game you have to learn how to manage your fuel, temperature, health, cargo, etc as you explore the depths.
06-06-2009, 10:20 PM
In Motherload you drive your drilling machine around and collect various ores. You sell the ores to get money and buy power ups etc. The deeper you go the better ore you can get but watch out for fuel levels and your health.

It is pretty fun. A quick google search can probably get you to the flash version.

Edit: dev beat me to it.
06-06-2009, 10:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bghoward View Post
Sure, no problem....
Sounds interesting. You might want to add that explanation to iTunes as well.
06-06-2009, 10:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilishly Good View Post
...and I hope you have more in the works for Dungeon Defense as well.
I won't say too much about Dungeon Defense here, but I can tell you that based on the comments we've received, we have hired a professional game designer full time whose first task is to retune/re-balance DD to go along with some other improvements to the game...

Let's just leave it at that for now.

Anyway, pick up a copy of "I Dig It". it is well worth the intro price, but hurry because it won't last long.
06-06-2009, 10:41 PM
I've played it a bit, and I think I am going to like it.

One suggestion. I am left handed, and I have to block the display to control the vehicle. How about a left-handed mode the switches the bottom of the display?