★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Park It!: How well can you park a #$&%@ car?!

06-06-2009, 10:18 PM
Park It!: How well can you park a #$&%@ car?!

So it's been a while since I've released a new game since AirCoaster 3D (which btw I'm still writing updates for).

But here it is -- Park It! -- a brand new 2D game that revolves around... parking a car!

This is a not a Blocked-style puzzle game, nor is it a racing game. Rather, it uses car physics to bring you the frustration and challenge of parking a real car in tight spaces. OK it's an odd choice of concept for a game, but I'm pretty sure none of you have played anything quite like this before.

Give it a whirl and let me know what you think?

06-06-2009, 10:21 PM
ok but last time ill toftt tonight

edit: hey this is fun! but can we PLEASE have landscape mode?

I'M ON A MAC MOTHAF*@%!

Cloudcell, Plus+, Baseball Slugger, TTR: dannys95

Last edited by dannys95; 06-06-2009 at 10:24 PM.

06-06-2009, 10:40 PM
Looks fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannys95 View Post
ok but last time ill toftt tonight

edit: hey this is fun! but can we PLEASE have landscape mode?
Would you recommend it???
06-06-2009, 11:00 PM
Yeah, this is fun! That #$&%@ pedestrian keeps getting in my way

I 2nd the request for landscape mode.
06-06-2009, 11:00 PM
I would recommed it. I'm on my ipod and it's midnight so I'll post proper impressions tomorrow

I'M ON A MAC MOTHAF*@%!

06-06-2009, 11:29 PM
Quote:
This is a not a Blocked-style puzzle game, nor is it a racing game. Rather, it uses car physics to bring you the frustration and challenge of parking a real car in tight spaces. OK it's an odd choice of concept for a game, but I'm pretty sure none of you have played anything quite like this before.
it's not as if it's a unique/new idea o_O i've played at least 4 or 5 flash games that revolve around parking cars, and even one about parking boats

i like these kinds of games, not sure i like them enough to pay for one though

'specially when i could get something like car jack streets for the same price
06-06-2009, 11:51 PM
This is actually fun and challenging. However, graphics leave much to be desired. There is great potential here though. Here are my comments after playing just a few levels.

1) Update graphics with more realistic cars and parking lot backgrounds.
2) Levels could involve other barriers such as open manholes, road cracks, or whatnot which could make it undriveable or make it cause a different effect to the driving of some sort.
3) Expand the gameplay and not only focus on parking. For example, you are parked somewhere then you have to go into open traffic or other roads and find the parking spot and park it.
4) Multiplayer could involve some sort of racing to park first for the same challenge. Big time strategy could involve outmanuevering the other player to block him or park first before him.
5) Add a reset level option when it is paused. Right now you can only abandon the game and restart with the first level.
6) Add variety of cars and trucks with different driving experiences. Something like sport cars are faster, easier to maneauver while trucks are slower and harder to steer.

That's all I can think for now. Like I said, this is fun and challenging though I hope the developer opens up to the possibilities of further improving the graphics and gameplay options.

I'll have my sister play this as she is still learning to drive. Could help her!
06-06-2009, 11:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ayjay View Post
Yeah, this is fun! That #$&%@ pedestrian keeps getting in my way

I 2nd the request for landscape mode.
Yeah i forgot to mention the landscape mode too!
06-07-2009, 06:59 PM
Impressions

Park It is a fun casual game. Makes me real happy because it reminds me of all those flash games I love. Controls are straight forward:

I think the screenshot itself explains. . It's really good and fun but PLEASE add landscape. My fingers are average sized but keep screwing me up. Oh and also, do to the buggy O.S, add so that is saves your game when you quit. Nice game! Love the global highscores.

I'M ON A MAC MOTHAF*@%!

06-07-2009, 07:44 PM
Thanks guys for all the very helpful feedback, and the app is barely a day old!

I think you can expect to see things like different types of road obstacles and levels where you have to tow around a trailer in future updates.

I'll look into supporting landscape mode, but that means I'll have to redesign all the levels (anyone managed to get past level 10 yet?)... and you'll probably have to do more driving horizontally than vertically, which could be interesting.

Yeah I saw a couple of Flash games for parking too, but those games usually don't use a physics model for the car, whereas Park It! does. I think the steering in Park It! feels much more natural and actually helps you get a better sense of how an actual car moves.