★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Possible Contra Port? (Will be removed soon probably)

08-29-2012, 01:37 AM
Possible Contra Port? (Will be removed soon probably)

I just joined the forum to share this with everyone before it gets removed from the AppStore. There is an app just released; called WiFire by BlueSnow. I have downloaded it and I can confirm that it looks to be a Contra port. I, myself, have never played the actual Contra, but I looked up gameplay and it appears to be the same; or extremely similar. Whether it is an actual port, or just stolen sprites and images with similar gameplay, I would say it was worth my 99 cents. Snatch it up before its removal!

PS. Guys, I am not associated with the dev of this app. I'm just trying to share, as I know there are many Contra fans out there.
08-29-2012, 03:35 AM
Yeah... this looks like a ROM dump fo sho! And that line in the description: "Do not get shooted by enemy." HA!

I thought about buying it, but I figure it supports this type of infringment. Same with the Shinmegami games....

p.s. not judging you for buying it, just my personal ethics.

Last edited by Issac; 08-29-2012 at 04:38 AM.
08-29-2012, 04:08 AM
This exact ROM hack has been sold and removed on the App Store dozens of times, often with multiple copies available at the same time under different names. It's a broken "game", and has disappointed and ripped off countless people over the past few years. Sad, because a genuine Contra port would be wonderful.
08-29-2012, 11:34 AM
Ahh. Well sorry to disappoint fellows. I agree that these types of things should not be supported, but at the same time, if somebody had managed to port it, I didn't want to miss it before it was removed you know?