★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: "Incredible production values, fantastic level design, and wonderful gameplay along with a great challenge, its very easy to recommend this first title from Rebel Twins." -The App Shack

"What makes Night Flight stand out the most are the impressive graphics. Not only are the graphics well-designed but they are also imaginative. It was like being trapped in a little kids nightmare. I loved the style of the game, and I couldnt get enough of the little teddy bears personality" -148Apps

"Dodging seeking missiles adds an exhilaration to the aerial acrobatics, and for those who enjoy flying arcade action, this purchase certainly won't steer you wrong." -AppSpy

Do you want your freedom back? Speed up, dont be afraid and let the journey
begin!
A little teddy, courageous though not prepared to survive in such a place,
awakes in a large toy factory. It looks like he just realized he's trapped. Be
brave and help him to take flight on his journey to freedom! Collect gold
stars, defeat enemies and discover explosive power-ups!

Keep your eyes wide open and get ready for something amazing!

Hours of gameplay
Colorfull 3D graphics
Intuitive touch controls
Challenging and varied levels
Realistic physics
Non-stop action!
Online Leaderboards: compare scores with players from around the world
Facebook and twitter integration

PLEASE NOTE: iPad (1st gen), iPhone 3G, 3GS, and iPod touch 4th gen devices NOT SUPPPORTED.

rebel twins's comments:

Night Flight - Official Trailer:

Night Flight:http://itunes.apple.com/app/night-flight/id544012514?l=pl&ls=1&mt=8
Night Flight HD:http://itunes.apple.com/app/night-flight-hd/id553779420?l=pl&ls=1&mt=8
08-29-2012, 05:27 AM
Okay -- I bit. Early impressions later this morning.

08-29-2012, 05:52 AM
Saw this on the upcoming section just yesterday, and i must say im pretty impressed by the initial video.

SZ, looking forward to your impressions.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
08-29-2012, 05:59 AM
Bought this earlier, liked the look of the gameplay video i had seen.

First impressions...

Nice little intro (you can click on X to get past it which is good), oops crashed, i'll reset my Ipod touch as that should sort it.

Edit - There is an issue with ipod 4th gens as the dev below says.

Last edited by psj3809; 08-29-2012 at 07:16 AM.
08-29-2012, 06:33 AM
As some of you have noticed, there is a memory problem which is crashing our game on iPod 4th gen devices. We are very sorry for this problem and we are working hard to fix it! For now, we suggest the not to download app for iPod.

Game was tested on: iPhone 3gs, iPhone 4, iPhone 4s, iPad, iPad 2, iPad 3
08-29-2012, 06:38 AM
Looks great as I'm a sucker for exaggerated inertia physics in flying/driving games, but I really thought we were past the whole 2X the price for the iPad version thing. Why isn't this universal? Why does the iPad version cost twice as much? Absolute impulse buy turns into me twiddling my thumbs while I ponder ethical issues.
08-29-2012, 06:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrien View Post
Looks great as I'm a sucker for exaggerated inertia physics in flying/driving games, but I really thought we were past the whole 2X the price for the iPad version thing. Why isn't this universal? Why does the iPad version cost twice as much? Absolute impulse buy turns into me twiddling my thumbs while I ponder ethical issues.
Amen to you Gabrien!!
I wish more would ponder ethical issues
Not only the iPad issue but yet again the ever more frequent iPod 4th gen debacle!
Almost like its a prerequisite now to buy a new device coming this September and I can't speak for anyone else but the money situation for me is tight so.....maybe the solution is to stop looking at the new games and temptations which is sad to contemplate for me!!!!
08-29-2012, 07:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebel twins View Post
As some of you have noticed, there is a memory problem which is crashing our game on iPod 4th gen devices. We are very sorry for this problem and we are working hard to fix it! For now, we suggest the not to download app for iPod.

Game was tested on: iPhone 3gs, iPhone 4, iPhone 4s, iPad, iPad 2, iPad 3
Thanks for posting, i'll keep this app on my ipod so i can see when theres an update.

Its a pain i know, the ipod touch has less memory than an iphone apparently as i've seen this a few times. Looking forward to playing it in the near future

Thanks
08-29-2012, 07:46 AM
Game Impressions

I had a chance to play through most of stage 1 (7/8 levels). The first 2 or 3 are clearly tutorials (though they are not labeled as such), gently introducing gameplay elements while giving you an opportunity to get used to the controls. In fact, the first six levels were all fairly short; level 7 proved to be much longer and challenging; if the rest of the levels are that long, the game may indeed live up to the promise of "hours of gameplay."

Basically, Night Flight is a polished, fairly gorgeous-looking puzzle 2.5D "platformer". You play a teddy bear trying to escape from a demented toy factory (no explanation of why you ended up there) on a little toy plane. Controls are simple: tap on the left to rotate left, tap on the right to rotate right. Each level is made up of a variety of obstacles and environmental features/hazards: your objective is to collect as many stars as possible, find the remote control that opens the level door, and make your way to the exit without destroying your plane. There are also power ups including magnets (which allow you to collect stars from farther away) and rocket boosts. Some levels are fairly straightforward; other are pretty intricate, even making use of the 3D environments. There a many nice detailed touches that make you smile, like the way the bear hoots and hollers when you do a loop, and a nice use of close-ups and slow-mo at the appropriate moment.

At the end of a level you are evaluated based on stars collected, time, max speed. I had yet to do better than 2/3 stars.

I won't comment on the iPad pricing policy (I've been playing on my 4S, but I could see this working well on a larger screen). But it certainly seems worth the small price of admission -- so far at least.
08-29-2012, 11:34 AM
omg this game XD Hell, i'll buy it!
My impressions later