Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 09-06-2012, 01:12 AM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x

If new levels are in the works, I'd like to propose challenge levels that are much harder than the current levels! And for all the people on the fence, try the lite version if your unsure, but I wholeheartedly recommend this for 4.99. The polish and graphics are simply amazing.

Oh and congrats on a 4/4 from STP, a 5/5 from Appspy, and a 4/5 from TA
Old 09-06-2012, 01:41 AM
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kmp3 View Post
Marcus,

First, congrats on this great release. The game is very polished, and the mechanics are intuitive and yet very clever.

I am, however, encountering a problem with control. In particular, I have found the explosion used to "deflect" the boxies very difficult to target correctly. For many times, we are asked to place the explosion nearby to such a fine accuracy as to "deflect" the boxies to the correct trajectory. This accuracy seems contradict the rudimentary control offered by the touch interface. In turn, it creates an unnecessary friction to the gameplay that mars the otherwisenear flawless experience.

Am I just going about this the wrong way? Am I missing some aiming tips that are supposed to resolve this issue?
It can be a little bit difficult sometimes to get them perfect throws. The game requires a little bit precision aiming to get the correct throws. We want to get the players to get the feeling "YES I got it!!" when hitting a block the correct way.

Look over the controls in the how-to menu to see if you use all control possibilities.
My favorit controls are:
-"Tap to focus" where you tap on a block to get the camera focused on that block.
-"Pinch to zoom" where you pinch to zoom the camera.
Old 09-06-2012, 01:47 AM
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFrost View Post
Where is this coming from? Bad controls? They are as easy as they get:

Tap on the white part of the level and rotate
Tap on any block and swipe around to move the camera
Tap and draw a line for the robots to move where you desire
Tap and hold wherever you want to throw the bomb at, keep pressing for alitude

Using the techniques shown above will leave you with the fantastic gameplay behind it

Edit: Not directed to you personally

I can add some of the more advanced controls.

- Single tap on a block to get the camera focused on that block
- Pinch to zoom in or out
- Swipe 2 fingers up or down to elevate or de-elevate the camera.
Old 09-06-2012, 01:48 AM
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by banger1103 View Post
If new levels are in the works, I'd like to propose challenge levels that are much harder than the current levels! And for all the people on the fence, try the lite version if your unsure, but I wholeheartedly recommend this for 4.99. The polish and graphics are simply amazing.

Oh and congrats on a 4/4 from STP, a 5/5 from Appspy, and a 4/5 from TA
Thank you very much
Old 09-06-2012, 08:59 AM

Are the levels in the free version different from the full version levels?
Old 09-06-2012, 09:16 AM
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by touchchamp View Post
Are the levels in the free version different from the full version levels?
No its the same levels.

Free contains:
- All the wood levels
- 2 levels from metal
- 2 from fabric
Old 09-06-2012, 11:50 AM

Marcus, I love the game, and really looking forward to more.

The one thing I'd like to see (apart from new, more challenging content) is the ability to turn off automated camera movement. I'm talking about refocusing the camera when tapping a different character, following shots, and spinning the camera around explosions. I find the camera controls very easy to use, but the above makes it feel much more like a struggle than it otherwise would. Any chance of adding this as an option?
Old 09-06-2012, 05:54 PM

Just want to share some impression of the game that may not be immediately obvious with early play of this game.

I am near the end of the game. Unlike most of the levels in this game, the final few levels are very hard. Thus, for those posters who think that this game is a walk in the park, that impression does not adequately describe this game in full.

I do have some concerns about the precision with which you need to manage your shots in these last few levels. Frankly, I think these levels are somewhat unfair in that you are asked to pull off a long string of incredibly precise shots in order to pass the level. Since there is no rewind, you basically have to restart whenever a mistake is made. Yet, often such mistake may not be "entirely" your fault. For example, you are frequently required to bounce a ball on the ground and for the bounce to reach a specific height and angle to hit a target. The bounce is too hard to manage, even if you try to be as precise as possible. In one case, you are even asked to bounce the ball off an "edge" (not the surface) of a block and to have the bounce hit a target! These few levels are incredibly well designed, and the solutions are ingenious. However, even though I could foresee the solution, passing the level was incredible frustrating at times because of these random fails.

Last edited by y2kmp3; 09-06-2012 at 05:56 PM..
Old 09-06-2012, 06:00 PM

I wouldn't be opposed to a rewind option. The fun is in figuring out what to do more so than making perfect shots (for me at least). Of course they could have challenge levels where you get a medal or something for not using it.
Old 09-06-2012, 06:07 PM

Misguided,

How far are you along in the game, particularly in the last world?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misguided View Post
I wouldn't be opposed to a rewind option. The fun is in figuring out what to do more so than making perfect shots (for me at least). Of course they could have challenge levels where you get a medal or something for not using it.