Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 09-20-2012, 02:23 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

For the love of god someone PLEASE help me out with the solution for Plastic 15! It's driving me nuts and I'm SO close...
Old 09-21-2012, 01:01 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducksFANjason View Post
For the love of god someone PLEASE help me out with the solution for Plastic 15! It's driving me nuts and I'm SO close...
There's a guy on youtube who has made a number of walkthroughs:

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9scy2U5EIsk[/url] (SPOILER ALERT)
Old 09-21-2012, 07:41 PM

Can anyone tell me how to get that little guy on the island on Fabric Fanatic Level 4.
Old 09-21-2012, 11:09 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlredbird View Post
Can anyone tell me how to get that little guy on the island on Fabric Fanatic Level 4.
Sure! Using the yellow teleport ball, teleport to the small yellow island that is furthest away from the blue color changing veil. If you stand on that island now, throw the yellow teleport ball through the blue-color changing veil and into the blue portal. That should make the (now) blue teleport ball teleport you onto the same island as the "little guy". hope that helps!
Old 09-21-2012, 11:11 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Brown View Post
There's a guy on youtube who has made a number of walkthroughs:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9scy2U5EIsk (SPOILER ALERT)
Oh thank god! Thanks so much for this! I had searched for walkthroughs 2 days ago and I saw these videos but there wasn't one for this level yet. Thanks again!
Old 09-22-2012, 06:12 AM

All levels solved - apart from plastic paranoia 8.

I have no idea how to get through....
Old 09-22-2012, 01:17 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 7.x

Bit late to the party here but Christ, this is good, isn't it? Beaten world 1 with one Boxie missing, into world 2 and I'm really, really impressed. Slick, triple-A looking bite-size puzzling that makes me think of something Sony's internal teams might put together (like Echochrome). Touch controls get a little fiddly at times and the lack of a rewind is a bit of a frustrating omission, but other than that I've got no complaints so far. I'm sure I'll be screaming over later puzzles but in a good way. Brilliant stuff.
Old 09-23-2012, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kmp3 View Post
Hello, Christoffer and Marcus,
2. In the later levels, the precision by which some moves need to be executed is too demanding for a touch interface. Frequently, even when I have done my best to position a shot, the end results are rather arbitrary. I am fully aware that these different outcomes are likely because of subtle differences in the shots' setup. However, I would argue that if such difference is imperceptible to the player because of the touch control, then it is futile and unfair for the game to demand such precision. Two examples are of particular concern: bank shots wherein you need to bounce off an "edge" (not the surface) of a block so that the bomb will bounce to the target; blowing up a series of bombs to "move" another bomb along a path. Obviously, I don't want to describe these further, as they may be seen as spoilers.

3. I am split on whether or not a rewind button is needed. Certainly, it will help in the few levels in which the outcomes of the shots are rather unpredictable despite having the shot "properly" lined up. For me, it was a frustrating experience having to redo a level over and over again because one of a long string of "precision" shots went awry.

Please do not take the above comments as rants. Rather, I only want share these comments as constructive criticisms. This is a superbly designed game, very polished, excellent level designs with some very clever levels. Players who decide to go for the "finish line", however, should expect a huge jump in difficulty in the last few levels that are out of keep with the rest of the game because these levels demand precision shots that are made unnecessary difficult by a touch interface.
I 100% disagree with the above statements about precision. I think you haven't yet found the most elegant solution and are instead making it more difficult than it really is. I have passed all Levels and got the gold trophy. I can repeatedly pass every level, including the last few on plastic, every time without needing extraordinary precision. There are indeed many solutions to the levels, some of which include shortcuts which are very hard. If you find yourself banking crazy shots off corners and spheres, YOU ARE DOING IT WRONG. Each solution is simple and elegent. Keep looking and think outside the box! Remember that sticky bombs can "throw" nearby objects. this is key to many levels.

Props to the level designer!
Old 09-26-2012, 07:43 AM

Edit: figured it out

Last edited by stlredbird; 09-26-2012 at 07:55 AM..
Old 09-27-2012, 12:40 PM

I'll probably solve this before I get a response, but if not Plastic Paranoia 12 is killing me! Any help would be great