Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 09-26-2012, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grotto512 View Post
Sadly with Fafnir gone, I'll probably drop the game for a while. I need 4 water hatchlings to complete my pokedex. With Fafnir I still had the hope of getting one even though I had already amassed an army of leviathans, death crawlers, archangels, Ganeshas, and other hatchlings (I didn't like feeding). Without Fafnir, I'll wait until hatchling locations are confirmed and if others feel the same way, that will really dampen this online community.
I'm kind of feeling that way too. This weekend I was planning on getting to Fafnir for my first time and start farming him. Now that he doesn't respawn that kind of changes my plans. I'll have to find something else to do. Maybe I'll go outside and do some yard work... My backyard needs some TLC... Haha.
Old 09-26-2012, 04:48 PM
iPhone 3GS, iOS 5.x

I was so excited this morning when I found out that the update was available that I got it right away to get my Spikey from the Usual Suspects quest- and spent the whole day training it. However when I went to level 104 Infinite Dungeon to farm Fafnir and couldn't find him again the second time, my heart sunk and I got so frustrated that I don't feel like playing this game anymore. I know that the hatchling will spawn around the world now but with rare encounter chance I just don't see the appeal anymore. I REALLY LOVE this game and have spent few quids getting IAP gold for eggs and cards in the beginning of the game and I had been enjoying farming Fafnir and taking my chance with the wheel -despite failing to get the hatchling most of the time. I still need two blue hatchlings and two reds- but I just don't want to explore (and farm) each spot all over again in order to get them. I'm terribly gutted that it means I'll stop playing this game- I wish I hadn't updated it!!

I understand that it was a bug to begin with- but now that it has proved so popular, why remove it?

All in all, thanks devs for the many many hours of fun I've had- it was great while it lasted.
Old 09-26-2012, 07:06 PM

Can't we just not update the game until we get 100%?
Because then Fafnir would still be there..right? So we can continue farming him.
Or do they automatically update it for you?
Old 09-26-2012, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayShadow View Post
Can't we just not update the game until we get 100%?
Because then Fafnir would still be there..right? So we can continue farming him.
Or do they automatically update it for you?
If you haven't updated yet you can keep farming it. Updates are voluntary. Unfortunately, some of us already updated. Once you update you're stuck. I wish I would have waited to see everyone's comments before I updated...
Old 09-26-2012, 07:55 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

I definitely agree that Fafnir should be brought back. Bug or not, it was definitely a nice endgame touch. I wouldn't mind him a little tougher though, to make things more challenging.

As for it imbalancing the game, I completely disagree. If you want to make that arguement, then the 150 spot by the Lighthouse North of Longdale would make things unbalanced. I've gotten over 10M experience in one fight. I find I can level up way more efficiently, and way faster there. Sure the Golden eggs grant a level per run, but you have to run through four levels AND take Fafnir down. My team can do a good deal of battles in the same amount of time in the 150 spot over Fafnir runs.

Just my two cents Devs. I know you guys are trying your hardest to get things right, but you can obviously see what the majority wants.
Old 09-26-2012, 07:58 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Default Game Impressions

I just started playing this game a few weeks ago. I find it to be a promising game, and one of the most entertaining that are currently available.

There are a couple things I am dissapointed about:

1. I am dissapointed that since I downloaded this update a few minutes ago, that I am not going to be able to farm Gold Eggs from Fafnir. I was looking forward to this possibility.

2. Where is the Father? I was hoping that the game would include him. Is this going to be in another update? About how long should that take?

Aside from that, I think that all of us would agree that you should do the following ASAP:

1. Advance the story and make it more coherent and relevant to the gameplay

2. Introduce more characters

3. Create more monsters and combinations, perhaps even more eggs that you can get

4. Add more explorable areas.

This my favorite game on my Iphone other than Infinity Blades I and II. It has the potential to be as good as Pokemon. Great game!

But if you fail to create originality and novelty, people will get bored. Just a suggestion.
Old 09-26-2012, 08:06 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

There's a 0.1% chance of finding a Blue Hatchling there. 99.9% of the time, you will find a Goblin.

I'll find the rest soon.
Old 09-26-2012, 08:08 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by fffan7777 View Post

There's a 0.1% chance of finding a Blue Hatchling there. 99.9% of the time, you will find a Goblin.

I'll find the rest soon.
How did you find this? Are you a wizard?
Old 09-26-2012, 08:10 PM

10M experience in one fight... I just checked it out. It is a bug too (in that it was not intended). Im guessing this is another accidental feature people are enjoying though...

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldLynx View Post
I definitely agree that Fafnir should be brought back. Bug or not, it was definitely a nice endgame touch. I wouldn't mind him a little tougher though, to make things more challenging.

As for it imbalancing the game, I completely disagree. If you want to make that arguement, then the 150 spot by the Lighthouse North of Longdale would make things unbalanced. I've gotten over 10M experience in one fight. I find I can level up way more efficiently, and way faster there. Sure the Golden eggs grant a level per run, but you have to run through four levels AND take Fafnir down. My team can do a good deal of battles in the same amount of time in the 150 spot over Fafnir runs.

Just my two cents Devs. I know you guys are trying your hardest to get things right, but you can obviously see what the majority wants.
Old 09-26-2012, 08:12 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by superwow View Post
10M experience in one fight... I just checked it out. It is a bug too (in that it was not intended). Im guessing this is another accidental feature people are enjoying though...
Is this at the lighthouse where the monsters are level 150?