Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 09-05-2012, 02:02 AM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x

Am I e only one that doesn't like this game? I realize it isn't meant to be a Pokemon clone but even disregarding that, I really don't see what's so special about this. The interface and UI is clunky and ugly, and especially when you go into dungeons, your basically a black figure that goes through walls. The monsters aren't very appealing, including the black priest, which is a freakin guy in a dark coat like wth. Idk could someone enlighten me on why this game is so popular? I just don't get it. Either people are clamoring ipfor it because it's the closest thing to Pokemon or they really like the gameplay. And the TA guys weren't too high on this with the video either so...idk to each their own but this just doesn't feel like a good, polished game...just IMO so don't blast me people
Old 09-05-2012, 02:12 AM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by banger1103 View Post
Am I e only one that doesn't like this game? I realize it isn't meant to be a Pokemon clone but even disregarding that, I really don't see what's so special about this. The interface and UI is clunky and ugly, and especially when you go into dungeons, your basically a black figure that goes through walls. The monsters aren't very appealing, including the black priest, which is a freakin guy in a dark coat like wth. Idk could someone enlighten me on why this game is so popular? I just don't get it. Either people are clamoring ipfor it because it's the closest thing to Pokemon or they really like the gameplay. And the TA guys weren't too high on this with the video either so...idk to each their own but this just doesn't feel like a good, polished game...just IMO so don't blast me people
If you know any app (pokemon style with (!) combining monsters) which is better then this app, let us know =) I also made the wiki for GeoSociety and I can tell you, that this app is nice, too - but the developers don't work on it anymore... In my opinion all the other "pokemon-clone" apps are even worser... =(
Old 09-05-2012, 02:20 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by superwow View Post
Hi Guys, sorry about that... We looked into it and realized it was a bug.

It'll be fixed in the next update that was submitted to apple yesterday.

Sorry!
What about the usual suspects quest staying at 99%. Is that a glitch? Also why do my totem spirits not show up in monsterpedia? I've collected them all. They still show up as ? Leading to my collector quest only being 67%
Old 09-05-2012, 02:20 AM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supporter View Post
If you know any app (pokemon style with (!) combining monsters) which is better then this app, let us know =) I also made the wiki for GeoSociety and I can tell you, that this app is nice, too - but the developers don't work on it anymore... In my opinion all the other "pokemon-clone" apps are even worser... =(
Hmm I see...I was asking because I was curious about people mindsets about this game. Are people buying just for the sake of having a Pokemon like game on their idevices, or are they actually playing because they are compelled by the deep gameplay or whatever. Because honestly, this really has nothing going for it other than being somewhat similar to Pokemon
Old 09-05-2012, 02:30 AM

Quote:
Hmm I see...I was asking because I was curious about people mindsets about this game. Are people buying just for the sake of having a Pokemon like game on their idevices, or are they actually playing because they are compelled by the deep gameplay or whatever. Because honestly, this really has nothing going for it other than being somewhat similar to Pokemon
I'm really enjoying it, the UI can be a bit frustrating occasionally - especially when you have to wait a second to look at a monster's evolution percentage (adds up when you're trying to sort your party order out). To be honest, I prefer this to Pokemon because Pokemon is always so ridiculously slow-paced. Im loving the rpg elements, levelling up your own avatar, and working out evolutions is massively addictive for me.
Old 09-05-2012, 02:31 AM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), OS 4.x

Quote:
Just give this app a try to find out... =) I'm playing it since monday and I can't stop playing it... I like the idea to have a pokemon clone (pokemon is and will EVER be the best game in this category) on my device. Furthermore I love the ability to combine monsters like in DragonQuestMonsters: Joker 1 and 2! If you are out for better grafics, I would recommend you to play this serie. Otherwise just wait for the online update I heard about - where you can battle other trainers world wide, trade monsters, etc... All in all you should give it a try - for me the deep gameplay and details in this game (the functions and features) are more interesting then the grafics.. In one point you're right: The dungeons are boring, but they might change this later on, too... Who knows...
Old 09-05-2012, 02:33 AM

Hmm.. We tested that bit quite a lot (being that its a collection game..) but that does sound like something has gone wrong. We'll look into it asap.

If you have some time to tell us more in detail (like whether you purchased any of the totems or won them in egg wheels), please PM me.

Thank you in advance!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jnunesjr1 View Post
What about the usual suspects quest staying at 99%. Is that a glitch? Also why do my totem spirits not show up in monsterpedia? I've collected them all. They still show up as ? Leading to my collector quest only being 67%

Last edited by superwow; 09-05-2012 at 02:36 AM..
Old 09-05-2012, 02:38 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

I just had a 84% catch today then helped devs by purchasing a few gold myself. I then realized how can I grab hold of the other dragonlings! I wanted to have those riding dragoons to! Decided to make a new game. Hah! Rolled gold eggs till i got each elemental hatchling! With the free 1050 gold, we're given 3 rolls so, create nd erase a game nd try your timing with the spins good luck!
Old 09-05-2012, 02:40 AM

Can you look into Griffin Rider's Desoul move? I gave him a Bat King soul and used the desoul move; the Bat King came out, but i cant seem to do anything with it except skipping a turn.

Last edited by J2o; 09-05-2012 at 02:52 AM..
Old 09-05-2012, 02:42 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

I'd share my top 3 fave in-game too: Death walker, hit all with stun! Wolf god (same as dw) and Orochi + Abomination helped me in the grinds New game now though. There goes another 30 hours of my life! Well spent haha thanks dev! Rated 5 stars!