App description: From the makers of Sprinkle!

"Granny Smith feels like the climactic chase scene of a Wallace & Gromit cartoon" [slide to Play]

"Gaming app of the day" [Kotaku]

"Another great looking release from the Sprinkle crew, one that provides hours of entertainment without a steep learning curve" [JayIsGames]

"The graphics have been polished to perfection, and have an almost Pixar-like appearance." [GameTrailers]

Granny Smith loves her apples, but a bewheeled thief is stealing from her precious garden! Help Mrs. Smith as she swiftly skates through farmland and cityscapes, crashing through everything from barns to offices in the pursuit of fruit. Get to the apples before the thief does!

Granny Smith is a fast-paced racing platformer filled with spectacular crashes and amazing stunts. Jump, glide, swing and smash your way through 57 hand-crafted levels in four distinct settings. Just be sure to land on your feet!

Features:

* Spectacular physics Granny Smith uses some of the most advanced destruction physics in mobile games. Crash through crates and windows and watch the pieces fly all over!

* Dazzling visuals Zoom through dozens of vibrant, whimsical worlds! Each level is like a fanciful, three-dimensional storybook.

* Intuitive controls Help Granny pull off crazy moves with simple two-button controls perfect for both tablets and phones.

* Vintage replays Watch your best runs in retro movie style with cool camera angles and slow-motion effects!

* Power Granny up Collect coins and equip Granny with a helmet, banana peels and baseballs. If Granny is getting old, you have two alternative characters to play with Scruffy and Stanley!

With the apple thief on the loose, Granny is going to need some help. Hop to it!
08-30-2012, 03:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by valdeto View Post
The game is great but unfortunatelly there are no achievements in GC. Hope in next update achievements included
I've never really understood the grievances when a game doesn't have achievements.

I mean, if a game is gret and fun, then that should be all that matters really...
Lots of games were good before achievements were used in games, and lots of games are still great and fun, including this one.

Adding achievements in a game should be considered a bonus and a good thing, but not having them, when the game is fine without them shouldn't count against it.

A game like Tiny Wings rely heavily on achievements for the gameplay, and it would not be the same game without it, but this game and hundreds of others doesn't really need them.

Just my two cents.

"To stop the flow of music would be like the stopping of time itself, incredible and inconceivable."
Aaron Copland
08-31-2012, 05:01 AM
This game is simply brilliant!

The physics are outstanding, and the difficulty is building at a nice comfortable speed.

Nice touches like the black and white movie replays of your levels is icing on the cake, they even have different camera angles and slow-motion sequences when crashing through windows and other spectacular moves.

The later levels can be very hard to get through, especially if you use the last character, Stanley, as he doesn't seem to get as much momentum as the other characters. I gave up on using him after a couple of levels.
One place in particular I could not get him to swing around with his umbrella to get an apple, and after countless attempts I switched to Granny, and got in the first try. Maybe his umbrella isn't as long as Granny's cane, not allowing him the same momentum in the swings?

No matter, this game is fun and very challenging on the later levels.
I hope there's more levels to come, as I'm close to finishing the game now, with three apples on all levels so far.

Even if no more levels are forthcoming, I've certainly have had my money's worth of fun from this little gem.

Highly recommended.

"To stop the flow of music would be like the stopping of time itself, incredible and inconceivable."
Aaron Copland

08-31-2012, 05:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bytebrain View Post
I've never really understood the grievances when a game doesn't have achievements.

I mean, if a game is gret and fun, then that should be all that matters really...
Lots of games were good before achievements were used in games, and lots of games are still great and fun, including this one.
Same here, i'm not bothered by achievements one bit, just enjoy the game

Anyway i didnt think i would like this as it seems 'another' endless runner. BUT i was so wrong, this games brilliant, love the animations, just a classic iOS game where you can have a quick 5 minutes with it and come back to it later for another go. Very good game, glad i bought it. Maybe there is still a bit of life left in endless runners!
08-31-2012, 05:24 AM
Having a lot of fun with this one.Well worth a dollar.
08-31-2012, 07:09 AM
Great game. Blew through the content and now hoping for more. Mechanics are such that perfecting runs is a lot of fun. After a while I realized I was in the top 5 on the leader boards. Decided to keep playing and now have a sizable lead at #1... Lots of depth in the mechanics that people aren't pursuing!

I really hope more get it, I would love to see more levels.
08-31-2012, 08:23 AM
Agreed, Mr. mug. This game is pretty much perfect in every way. Controls, challenge level, presentation, value; everything is spot on. As good as Bastion is, I think Granny is my GOTW.

Game Center: MarinasideSteve
08-31-2012, 01:32 PM
very funny game, great style and music & replays are fun to watch

fore sure my new favorite granny-racer ;)
08-31-2012, 01:38 PM
What did they gave to the granny? It looks like she having a turbo boost!!

It looks like a realy funny game!
08-31-2012, 06:36 PM
Damn what a great little game! Can't believe I was gonna pass on it!
08-31-2012, 08:39 PM
I finished all the levels with 3 apples. I really hope more levels do come.

Game Center: MarinasideSteve