★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Download Activision® Anthology to receive the classic hit KABOOM! for FREE, and collect up to 45 classic Activision® and Imagic games!

Pitfall!, Kaboom!, River Raid everyone remembers these great Activision games on the 2600 console. Now, for the first time ever on your iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch, relive these classics and experience the phenomenon that started the video-game revolution. This one-of-a-kind compilation offers the entire Activision 2600 catalog in one app, with controls designed and optimized for each game. Each game is presented alongside the original box art and manuals for retro lovers, and features Game Center support and the ability to earn digital versions of the famous game patches!

FEATURES:
Get the action classic KABOOM! for FREE
Access to 45 classic Activision and Imagic games including PITFALL, RIVER RAID, THE ACTIVISION® DECATHLON, BARNSTORMING, STAMPEDE, PITFALL II, ENDURO, DEMON ATTACK, and many more!
Choose from multiple control schemes to play as you like to play
Enjoy full Game Center integration including leaderboards and achievements!
Earn digital versions of the renowned Activision game patches offered in the 1980's
Features original cartridge and box art, original game manuals, tips and strategies from the original game designers, and more
In-app game purchases unlock across devices associated with the player's account
Taunt your friends by showing off your high scores on Facebook
Compatible with the iCade© gaming cabinet!
Buy once, play any time!

Complete your collection and keep these classic retro games alive for generations to come. Purchase four additional bundle packs with 11 games each at $2.99 or collect all 45 games for a special limited-time introductory price of only $6.99. We hope you enjoy them as much as we do.

-Your Friends at Activision

©2012 Activision Publishing, Inc. All rights reserved. All trademarks and trade names are the properties of their respective owners.

Agas's comments:

08-29-2012, 08:06 AM
Omg!

Game Center: sink_or_swim

08-29-2012, 08:09 AM
i like what i see... i like it a lot
08-29-2012, 08:11 AM
Yes yes yes yes!!!!!!
08-29-2012, 08:12 AM
Wooooooooooooo hooooooooooooooooo !

Activision i take back everything I said about the Pitfall runner type game

Now this i hope could be brilliant ! Hope the controls are decent but damn it looks great already !!!

45 games !!!

I hope Namco Arcade are looking at this app, this is what they should have done instead of that overpriced ridiculous app.

Hope the prices for all the games isnt 'too expensive'. Roll on 12am !!!

Heres a list of games for Activision Anthology for various other consoles....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Activis...logy#Game_list

If this only has 45 it probably doesnt have the homebrew ones at the bottom and a few others. Decent list though

Last edited by psj3809; 08-29-2012 at 08:23 AM.
08-29-2012, 08:24 AM
OMG HOW MUCH ARE THE IAPS?!@#?!@?#!@?#!@?#!@?#!@?#!@#?!@#?!@#?!#?!@#?!@ #?!@#?!@#?!@#?!@#?!@#?!@#?!@#?!@#?!@?#!@?#

(sorry, just ecstatic!)
08-29-2012, 08:51 AM
Everyone complained how Pitfall wasn't giving justice to the original and now they release this... Happy now?
08-29-2012, 08:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOLavi View Post
Everyone complained how Pitfall wasn't giving justice to the original and now they release this... Happy now?
Yup ! Just changed my Pitfall review rating, if i had known this was coming out on iOS i wouldnt have such a 'toys thrown out of my pram' view on the Pitfall Temple Run clone.

Would love it if other companies released retro compilations like this (Eg Namco). Saying that it depends on the IAP's ! Eg will each game be 99c ?
08-29-2012, 09:02 AM
I think midway arcade was fair, 99 cents for about 4 games. But those were arcade games, of much higher quality than the 2600.

Im hoping the whole thing is about $5. Seems about a sweet spot, but i guess we'll find out soon enough.
08-29-2012, 09:05 AM
Yep Midway Arcade was priced really well, shame they havent added more to it though. Thought Capcom was initially overpriced but i think its much cheaper now. But Namco Arcade is the worst one which is a shame, i love these retro compilations but its a joke the prices of the games within the Namco app.

Hopefully a NZ iOS user can let us know about the prices, wonder if its packs of 5 as surely it cant be 99c per game ?