★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Tame the Wild West in The Golden Years, an exciting city building sim! Raise frontier towns out of rock and dirt and turn them into glorious metropolises! Gather resources and gold, build accommodation and production facilities and bring your empire to the peak of success!

As you make your way through the hardship of the Wild West, help a local woman overcome the sleazy maneuvers of a greedy old rip and save her family from destitution. With stunning visuals that bring the Wild West to dazzling life, and an epic story, The Golden Years: Way Out West will bring hours of excitement and fun to the whole family!

There's also iPad version of this game! Check the App Store!

GAME FEATURES:
48 increasingly challenging levels!
Five story scenes
11 Wild West characters
27 buildings
Engage storyline and vivid characters!
-----------------------------------------
More fun games from Alawar:
FARM FRENZY 3 Running a farm has never been more fun!
SHAKE SPEARS! Take out opponents with well-aimed strikes in a knightly competition of strategy and precision!
THE TREASURES OF MONTEZUMA 3 The most spectacular match-3 game in the award-winning Montezuma series!

For more games, visit us at iphone.alawar.com!
-----------------------------------------
FIND US in FACEBOOK: AlawarEntertainment
FOLLOW US in TWITTER: @AlawarMobile
Be the first to hear about our new games and awesome contests!
08-29-2012, 09:00 AM
cool drawings on this game

Hello i like playing games

08-29-2012, 09:25 AM
is this another wait to get resources type game, that's pushed towards IAP to speed it up? or is it more like simcity?

:;:CURRENT 'FAVORITES' FOLDER:;:
Repulze, Ravenmark: SOE, Cordy, Incoboto Mini, One Epic Knight, Cardinal Quest 2
:;:GAMECENTER ID:;:
syntheticvoid
08-29-2012, 02:41 PM
Please don't be a IAP greed machine.

This game looks just like what I like. But I will refuse to buy it if it has heavy IAP pushes. I have all the farm frenzys and love them. I hope this game is like those. But the 99 cent price tag has me thinking it's a IAP nightmare. I really hope not. If so..... Then shame on them for taking what looks to be a great game from a great game maker and making it it into a money pit for people wanting to play a good game on a PHONE. If it doesn't have IAP I will buy it.
08-29-2012, 02:49 PM
Alawar has yet to fail me(on iOS), hopefully it's not IAP driven.
08-29-2012, 02:56 PM
Beatiful graphics Can't wait to try that one.
08-29-2012, 03:05 PM
For those on the fence, there's plenty of free demo's out there for the PC and most likely the Mac too, it's what I'm doing atm, just to see how the game is.

/edit Played the demo till my free 1 hour ran out, it's basically a good old fashioned time/resource management game, with a bit of careful planning on how you build your structures. Can't really see any way they'd be able to squeeze in any IAP into this, the game structure just doesn't really allow for it.

Was reasonably fun at least.

Last edited by Urthop; 08-29-2012 at 04:28 PM.
08-30-2012, 03:34 AM
There is none......

For those that asked there is NO IAP that i can see at all, as the other poster said its time/resource management game as simply as that. Unless there are in the later levels

GameCenter ID: Hellscaretaker Come on i love to give you a Race

Gameloft ID: Zincwarcaft (any one for game of zombiewood)
08-30-2012, 03:56 AM
Alawar games do not have IAP (with the possible exception of full game unlock)
08-30-2012, 01:33 PM
So if this game isn't a time-sink IAP vacuum, anyone care to elaborate why it's got 1 star on here? Just bad gameplay??