Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 08-29-2012, 09:21 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Default MiniGlider (by Triniti Interactive Limited) - Universal

Last edited by Echoseven; 08-31-2012 at 12:34 AM..
Old 08-29-2012, 09:25 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

This looks good but it's triniti, so there must be ridiculous IAP or the game will be free in a month.... Or both
Old 08-29-2012, 09:46 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by sink_or_swim View Post
This looks good but it's triniti, so there must be ridiculous IAP or the game will be free in a month.... Or both
You speak of truth my friend. With all the good stuff on the appstore, i can wait. LOL
Old 08-29-2012, 05:50 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 5.x

Interesting.

I've had a lot of fun in the past with Triniti interactives other games. I spend more on snacks at work then the price for this game.

Might look into getting this to see how the game dynamics work out. Might be fun

Also I really have way too many endless runner type games. I really need to find an app that I can push a button to launch a random endless runner game. Something non jail breakery. Push button - receive endless runner game session

Last edited by bluspacecow; 08-29-2012 at 05:54 PM..
Old 08-29-2012, 09:26 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Hah, haven't played a distance throw game in ages. Last one I played was Berzerk Ball and one that had a frog in it. xD

I'll wait for some gameplay footage before I decided to try it out or not. Hope it's not like it's extremely casual brethren, where you just toss, upgrade launcher, toss, upgrade flyer, toss, upgrade perks, rinse and repeat.
Old 08-31-2012, 03:49 AM

Default Game Impressions

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up
Old 08-31-2012, 08:41 AM
iPhone 5c, iOS 7.x

Well I have played Miniglider and for the first one or two times it looked as if Triniti finally made a really great game.

But then I realized that everything that happens during the flight is ALWAYS the same. The missions are three or four that repeat all the time only with higher values to be fullfilled and the difficulty is WAY off. Most of the missions are rediculously easy, I always managed to beat them but the very first mission where you have to kill 5 zombies in one run is so far impossible, just because you just have no control over your guy.

The upgrades really donīt seem to make much of a difference and the whole game just feels rushed and unpolished.

They should take a look at Fly Kiwi Fly to see how a game like this has to be made.

So....once again Triniti fails.
Old 08-31-2012, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eraser74 View Post
Well I have played Miniglider and for the first one or two times it looked as if Triniti finally made a really great game.

But then I realized that everything that happens during the flight is ALWAYS the same. The missions are three or four that repeat all the time only with higher values to be fullfilled and the difficulty is WAY off. Most of the missions are rediculously easy, I always managed to beat them but the very first mission where you have to kill 5 zombies in one run is so far impossible, just because you just have no control over your guy.
Yeah I finally got to play this last night while dropping off to sleep (iPod in bed = dangerous for sleeping)

I agree with you. While seemingly highly polished if there's no progression and very little difficulty in the game then there's no re-playability in a game.I don't play a lot of these types of games but the ones I have (flash based browser type ones) the most interesting ones were ones that offered a game experience that changed each time I played it.

What happens if I use this angle ?

or that Angle ?

What happens when I use *this* ability or *that* ability at the right point ?

This game had none of that (from the few times I played it). You have a giant catapult you pull back. While in flight you have a jetpack that has an auto recharge on it. As well as a button for a glider once you get to a certain altitude. Your meant to be able to tilt the device inflight to do , well I'm really not sure. Didn't seem to make a difference really.

Their other distance type game , Miniflyer was better at this - at least in Miniflyer there's a sense of progression each time you play it and it plays differently each time you do play it.

This one well .... I hate to be an asse here but really plays like an interactive movie trailer or worse ... a baby's play center. Same 3 or 4 things would come up again and again. Oh look a plane .. Oh wait it's always going to be yet another plane...Seeing the UFO come up for the 3rd time during during play felt like the horn or bell on one of them. You get all exciting thinking your going to see something different as your jetpack just come off cooldown
and you fly up high expecting something else ..... and it's yet another plane/UFO

/sigh

Oh well. That's one less candy bar this week :P . Maybe in an update they can make ways for the game experience to seem different for each play through.
Old 08-31-2012, 09:43 AM

Just putting this out there before anyone starts making Jetpack Joyride comparisons -

They're different genre of games.

Jetpack Joyride is an endless runner type game. Your guy keeps running until you miss a que and crash into something. There's a momentum that will automatically keep moving your toon until it crashes.

Miniglider is a distance throw game. There's a freeform momentum that you do have control over but unless your using the jetpack or glider eventually at some point your going to crash into the ground.

I know most on this board are familiar with the differences in the genres just putting that out there in case anyone's on a phone that can't play the video (or tethered to a device which has limited bandwidth)
Old 09-01-2012, 11:30 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Default Time killer game!

So fun I would say, it depends on luck and some strategy.
You don't need in-app purchase since gold can be found easily in each run.

review: Miniglider

Here's gameplay from IPAD 2:

Youtube link | Pop Up