App description: 50% Sale while our new FireJumpers Inferno concept is on Indiegogo! If you like this game, check out the details of our new FireJumpers Inferno, it'll knock your socks off! (http://igg.me/at/firejumpers/x/9961799)

In this real-time strategy game, you command a team of elite firefighting helicopters, ground units and water bombers as they battle raging wildfires around the world. Your firefighters will leap into action against fires ranging from grass fires to town-threatening infernos. And the action continues as your team must battle fires in Central Park, the Everglades and even a volcano!


REVIEWS:
- "Awesome. This is definitely the best firefighting game I have ever played..."
- "Best fire game out there. As a wildland fire fighter I really appreciate this game..."
- "An extremely exciting new RTS. This is a genius idea for a game. It's been very fun to play..."
- "Best firefighter game ever! Challenging and addicting! Fun as a game, but can be used as a training/refresher tool too."

DONATIONS:
To acknowledge the incredible service of real world firefighters, Redblox Games has committed to donating 5% of all sales from Fire Jumpers to Firefighters 1st, a charity that supports volunteer fire services. And for the following special events, that amount will rise to 10% of sales:
- Global Wildfire Awareness Week (Southern Hemisphere)
- Fire Prevention Week
- Global Wildfire Awareness Week (Northern Hemisphere)

FEATURES:
- Includes a sophisticated real-time fire simulation that burns differently each time - depending on the terrain and wind conditions.
- Helicopters can transport firefighting ground units, rescue civilians and make water drops.
- Firefighter hose teams connect to water sources and provide a zone of fire suppression. The effectiveness of the fire suppression will depend on the type of terrain. If the hose burns, the team must reconnect to a new water source.
- Firefighter cut teams create fire breaks. The effectiveness of the fire breaks will depend on the direction and strength of the wind.
- The water bomber makes water drops along paths that you specify.
- Explosives such as fuel tanks present a special danger to firefighting teams.
- Real locations from around the world including the United States, United Kingdom, Canada, Spain, China, Australia (and more to come).
- A magnifier shows you what's under your finger for more accurate control.

ABOUT US:
By Redblox Games, an "indie" developer. We hope you enjoy playing this game as much as we enjoyed building it! For more information and strategies, visit our website at: www.redbloxgames.com

PROFESSIONAL USE:
This game can be used for public outreach, recruitment and certain types of training. Please contact us for more information.

KEYWORDS:
RTS, real-time strategy game, wildfire game, firefighter game, fire game, fire simulation, fire sim, wildfire simulation, firefighter simulation, wildfire, wild fire, grass fire, grassfire, forest fire, bush fire, bushfire, woodland fire, fire, firefighters, water bomber, water tanker, fire line, fireline, fire break, firebreak, smoke, wind, aerial firefighting, helicopter, water drop, burn, terrain, fire shelter, firestorm, fire storm, smoke jumper, smokejumper, fire jumper, firejumper, hotshot crew, water drop, rescue civilians, teamwork.

Agas's comments:



08-29-2012, 10:04 AM
#2
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: England
Posts: 10,024
Seems interesting. Must admit this game looks very original

08-29-2012, 10:28 AM
#3
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: Forge World
Posts: 6,310
Hmm looks pretty cool,
08-29-2012, 11:05 AM
#4
this seems kind of different. i might get this.
08-29-2012, 12:21 PM
#5
Any questions, let me know (developer)

Great to see my game here! If anyone has any questions about the game, please feel free to ask away, I will do my best to answer you promptly.

Enjoy!
08-29-2012, 01:06 PM
#6
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonredhawk View Post
Great to see my game here! If anyone has any questions about the game, please feel free to ask away, I will do my best to answer you promptly.

Enjoy!
Bought it. Pretty cool concept. Only on boot camp 3 so far but I was disappointed it isn't universal. Any chance?

Seems it would be a lot more playable on bigger screen and whilst it's fine at x2 on iPad I always prefer full screen when I play on iPad

Welcome to TA though!

My gaming & gadget blog: http://hatenintendo.wordpress.com
08-29-2012, 01:20 PM
#7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baracus View Post
Bought it. Pretty cool concept. Only on boot camp 3 so far but I was disappointed it isn't universal. Any chance?

Seems it would be a lot more playable on bigger screen and whilst it's fine at x2 on iPad I always prefer full screen when I play on iPad

Welcome to TA though!
Thanks for purchasing FireJumpers! That's awesome!

Honestly, I made a mistake, it was intended for iPhone 4 and up only. I'm kinda new building iOS apps/games so I must have missed something in code to limit it. That being said, I am working on an HD iPad version of the game, but the screen resolution and ratio are too different and the maps can't be resized properly without distorting everything. I'm hoping to combine it into the same app, that it would somehow toggle between the two versions and their respective resolutions, this way being universal. However it may end up being a separate iPad only version. We'll see!
08-29-2012, 01:33 PM
#8
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonredhawk View Post
Thanks for purchasing FireJumpers! That's awesome!

Honestly, I made a mistake, it was intended for iPhone 4 and up only. I'm kinda new building iOS apps/games so I must have missed something in code to limit it. That being said, I am working on an HD iPad version of the game, but the screen resolution and ratio are too different and the maps can't be resized properly without distorting everything. I'm hoping to combine it into the same app, that it would somehow toggle between the two versions and their respective resolutions, this way being universal. However it may end up being a separate iPad only version. We'll see!
Thanks for the reply Jason.
I don't think you can actually stop it from running on iPad unless you pull a silly trick like Square Enix did with The World Ends With You, and "require" camera flash even though the game doesn't actually need it (which is actually not allowed by Apple but hey), but you can certainly combine the assets in a single app and it will use the correct resolution/screen ratio on each device.

I'd buy again anyway if you do need to do separate apps, but I would strongly suggest you will get more sales and an easier time developing and marketing a single uni app

Good luck!

My gaming & gadget blog: http://hatenintendo.wordpress.com
08-29-2012, 01:46 PM
#9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baracus View Post
Thanks for the reply Jason.
I don't think you can actually stop it from running on iPad unless you pull a silly trick like Square Enix did with The World Ends With You, and "require" camera flash even though the game doesn't actually need it (which is actually not allowed by Apple but hey), but you can certainly combine the assets in a single app and it will use the correct resolution/screen ratio on each device.

I'd buy again anyway if you do need to do separate apps, but I would strongly suggest you will get more sales and an easier time developing and marketing a single uni app

Good luck!
Yeah man, definitely aiming to keep everything into one app. You right, I enjoy buying a game once and works on my iPhone and iPad, always a sweet deal. If I do have a iPad only version, I'll try to think of something special I can do that only the iPad can pull off, perhaps a level editor tool or something.
08-29-2012, 02:11 PM
#10
I highly recommend.

Excellent strategic game, original concept, i purschased rigth now and i stoped only for post here.

I highly recommend.