★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Brainsss! $2.99-> 99 cents!!!

08-29-2012, 03:49 PM
Brainsss! $2.99-> 99 cents!!!

One of the best RTS games on ios, you would be foolish to miss out on this incredible sale of this incredible game! The game is kind of an mix of a true RTS, Spy Mouse, and Infect It All! You play as a hoard of zombies trying to convert humans to create a massive hoard.

Touch Arcade has given the game 4.5 out of 5 stars, you can read their review:

http://toucharcade.com/2012/05/04/br...-unreasonable/

Also, reviews in the appstore are all very high, check them out. Would highly recommend this game. Screenshots do not do this game justice. After reading all the good reviews, I gave this game a shot, and I really liked it.

The sale has already started in New Zealand, and I think it will start tonight at 8pm pacific daylight time for us in the US.

There is a promo code contest in the promo code forum that ends upon release in the US, so check it out to win! Previous owners can also participate cause they are gift codes, so you can give them to anyone.

Temporary link for now:

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/brainsss/id501819182?l=es&mt=8

The link will not work until later tonight.

Edit: thanks shero89 for being a bud and linking it for all of us!

Last edited by Connector; 08-29-2012 at 04:04 PM.
08-29-2012, 03:52 PM

08-29-2012, 11:25 PM
Ok, sale is showing now in the US store. Great deal for 99 cents, also, they just put out a free (lite version), so download that if you want to try out the game before buying it. Highly recommend this game, it is really fun!
08-29-2012, 11:51 PM
Huge update just came out for it as well. Awesome casual RTS.

Twitter: @back2this
08-30-2012, 12:36 AM
It's uncompressed size is just over 400 mb incase anyone was curious. Very good RTS game, imo. If you have the space, this is definitely worth purchasing, especially at it's current price.
08-30-2012, 12:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincexn View Post
It's uncompressed size is just over 400 mb incase anyone was curious. Very good RTS game, imo. If you have the space, this is definitely worth purchasing, especially at it's current price.
Yikes. I got a code for this and was wondering what the installed size was. Kept having issues installing it figuring I had enough room.

Ahh...what to delete...
08-30-2012, 12:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by awp69 View Post
Yikes. I got a code for this and was wondering what the installed size was. Kept having issues installing it figuring I had enough room.

Ahh...what to delete...
Congrats on winning a code, my niece is really mad at you! Haha j/k

The game has icloud, so the file size bite isn't as bad. I really think that Apple should require any game over 250 mbs to have icloud saves.

Also, never seen it before, but this game has manual icloud save options, so you can save it anytime which is sweet.

I'm buying some more EA games for their sale, and since their games are massive, I feel the pain about deleting stuff. Oh the pain!
08-30-2012, 01:46 AM
Glad you guys are taking advantage of the sale!!

We love all feedback so please feel free to post questions or issues.

Re: filesize
We have over 70 unique levels, huge amount of audio dialog and added to that we have to include all the iPad 3 assets in the universal build.

We could have done what the other guys do and split the game into iPhone/iPad but then we would have to charge twice

ICloud:
As others have talked about before it's pretty tough to get the automatic syncing just right. Stuff gets confused, lag between updates, etc. So rather than risk wiping someone's progress we decided to make it manual so you can have control.
08-30-2012, 05:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RodGreen View Post
Glad you guys are taking advantage of the sale!!

We love all feedback so please feel free to post questions or issues.

ICloud:
As others have talked about before it's pretty tough to get the automatic syncing just right. Stuff gets confused, lag between updates, etc. So rather than risk wiping someone's progress we decided to make it manual so you can have control.
Thanks for making this great game! It is a lot of fun.

About the icloud, so it does not auto sync right? So we must sync it manually?

The gamespeed option, does it affect both the zombies and humans equally? Or is it more of a easy/normal/hard difficulty option? I assume it just affects the game speed not the difficulty right?

Have you ever looked into other control options like joypad or line drawing for the casual mode? I guess you couldn't really do it in the grouping mode levels though. Joypad seems like it would be a lot of fun too, but it may be a hassle to program in.

Kind of curious too how you came up with the game concept since it is pretty original in ios.

Thanks!

Last edited by Connector; 08-30-2012 at 05:37 PM.
08-30-2012, 05:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Connector View Post
Ok, sale is showing now in the US store. Great deal for 99 cents, also, they just put out a free (lite version), so download that if you want to try out the game before buying it. Highly recommend this game, it is really fun!
I sometimes wonder why, quite often, lite versions are released in conjunction with sales. One would think, if the developer truly believes in the quality of their product, they would release a Lite version almost immediately, while the game is still fresh in people's minds.