Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 11-18-2012, 07:38 PM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by bramblett05 View Post
I'm just starting the game and just got the dragoon sub member but I have unused Jp points what's the best class to use them on?
Plan to use Jp on maxing 2 jobs per character. You get enough for 3 or more but realistically that's a ton of grinding and 2 are fine. A good method is to have 2 fighters and 2 mages. For the fighters, fighter+any other physical class is good and for Mage I'd def suggest having one of them max out red Mage from the start, then turning that Mage into an offensive magic user. Red Mage takes dedication cuz they are useless about halfway through the game but you want to learn their final skill.
Old 11-18-2012, 09:45 PM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by bramblett05 View Post
So fighter and Mage is best class?
No not necessarily, but for the beginning job classes I'd say fighter is the best physical class. After you max it, switch to an advanced physical class like dragoon, ninja or paladin. I prefered paladin and ninja. White Mage is a must for healing but for attack mages u can go with summoner or black Mage, either is a good beginning class altho I prefer the black Mage. But like I said, I worked a lot of the game just trying to max my red Mage on both teams so I didn't use black mages til way later.
Old 12-28-2012, 03:49 PM
iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.x

For some reason i prefer this battle system over ff4, this so fast and no lag, but ff4 is really slow
Old 04-12-2013, 04:17 AM

Hi guys for those who have played both games, which is a better game? Final Fantasy 5 or Final Fantasy Dimensions? How about in the story department? Thanks!
Old 04-12-2013, 06:24 AM
iPhone 5c, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noblejms View Post
Hi guys for those who have played both games, which is a better game? Final Fantasy 5 or Final Fantasy Dimensions? How about in the story department? Thanks!
Download FFD? It is free...
Old 04-12-2013, 06:49 AM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

Quote:
In my opinion, FF5 is the better game. It's longer, has a more involved story and doesn't feel anywhere near as disjointed. FFD was originally a monthly episodic mobile phone game and it feels like it, whereas FF5 was always a singular epic like the rest of the FF series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPadisGreat View Post
Download FFD? It is free...
No it isn't, only the prologue is free. The original game was prologue + 12 episodes, the iOS/Android version is prologue + 4 chapters. When it launched it was $30 for the 4 chapters, now Square have dropped the price to a far more reasonable $10.

Either way, I still recommend FF5 (janky sprites and all.. *shudder*) as it's overall the better game.

Last edited by sabin1981; 04-12-2013 at 06:50 AM.. Reason: Fixed typos
Old 04-12-2013, 08:13 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabin1981 View Post
No it isn't, only the prologue is free. The original game was prologue + 12 episodes, the iOS/Android version is prologue + 4 chapters. When it launched it was $30 for the 4 chapters, now Square have dropped the price to a far more reasonable $10.
Hey you're right... I wonder if this is an announced sale? I checked the price on Dimensions right before FF5 came out and the other FF games were on sale, and it was still up around $16.
Old 04-12-2013, 08:33 AM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

Yeah, it's strange - I just checked the iTunes page and it said that SE lowered the price as a sale for the "upcoming" FFV. I guess they didn't put it back. It also seems like they lowered the non-sale price from $30, then to $20 and finally to $16.
Old 04-12-2013, 08:43 AM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Final Fantasy 5 or Final Fantasy Dimensions? How about in the story department? Thanks!
I really like Final Fantasy Dimensions, it's good a good story.
Quote:
Originally Posted by strivemind View Post
Hey you're right... I wonder if this is an announced sale? I checked the price on Dimensions right before FF5 came out and the other FF games were on sale, and it was still up around $16.
A while back there was some chatter about Square Enix reviewing it's pricing model and likely reducing prices (a front page article on Touch Arcade and I think Slide to Play), Final Fantasy Dimensions was specifically mentioned but it was never clear if this was definitive... apparently it was but the lack of clear marketing is a bit surprising. I was glad to get Final Fantasy Dimensions for $16, great game.