App description: In addition to enhanced graphics and sound, this smartphone version also marks the title's overseas debut.

Drawing upon the roots of the series with such features as beautiful 2-D pixel art, a battle system involving job change-based character growth and ability combinations, and a classic story of light, darkness, and crystals, FINAL FANTASY DIMENSIONS delivers the best of FINAL FANTASY, retro and fresh alike, directly to you.

We hope you enjoy this wonderful new addition to the venerable FINAL FANTASY series.

----------------------

The game's prologue--the first arc in the story--is available for you to enjoy as a free download.
Subsequent chapters are available for purchase via the shop menu.

You can also switch background music from the game using Chiptune Arrange functionality!

Chiptune Arrange is also available for purchase in the shop. Just select "Chiptune BGM"!
If you're not convinced, try arranging serveral background songs in Chiptune before you buy! Just Select "Arrange" from the "BGM Type" option in the Config menu! It's that easy!

-----------------------

Prologue: Available for free!

Chapter 1: Reckoning
$1.99

Chapter 2: The Generals Approach
(Contains the Dragoon, Ranger, Bard, and Dark Knight Chapters)
$5.99

Chapter 3: Warriors of Light and Darkness
(Contains the Memorist, Dancer, Paladin, and Ninja Chapters)
$5.99

Chapter 4: Twilight
$5.99

Set: Chapters 14
$16.99

Chiptune BGM
$5.99

----------------------

Compatible with the iPhone3GS, iPod touch (3rd generations), iPad and later.
Compatible with iOS4.0 and later. Universal application, also compatible with Retina Display.

Due to the use of a universal aspect ratio, portions of the game screen may appear black on some devices.
08-30-2012, 11:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NinthNinja View Post
It's about time a publisher has the balls to release games at their true worth... Hopefully other publishers will follow suit. But I stress this tactic is only for real games with content and hours of playability - the usual pile of rubbish that fits in the 99c range is where it belongs.
I agree, up to a point. Final Fantasy 3 was worth the $16 I paid. This game, with RPG Maker graphics, I don't know. Now, it is a new game, but I still have my reservations. I don't think I would pay $30 for this on my 3DS, let alone my iPhone. It better be a kick-ass RPG for me to pay that much. $15-20 maybe.
08-30-2012, 11:50 AM
My fear with this thread is people will call everyone who protests the price as 'cheap' and that their opinion is wrong.

The game may very well be worth $28.99. Then again, it may not. If the game is simply a dumbed down RPG for mobile platforms then it certainly isn't and I have every right to expect to pay $10 or so for it.

I haven't played this game, but from what I have seen, Chaos Rings and its sequels seem more deserving of such a high price than this does.

Win ANY APP in Headcase Games' Daily 180 TouchArcade contest!
FreeAppTracker.com free daily apps, rankings, & contests!

08-30-2012, 11:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigE1669 View Post
I agree, up to a point. Final Fantasy 3 was worth the $16 I paid. This game, with RPG Maker graphics, I don't know. Now, it is a new game, but I still have my reservations. I don't think I would pay $30 for this on my 3DS, let alone my iPhone. It better be a kick-ass RPG for me to pay that much. $15-20 maybe.
Honestly, I stop carrying about the price as soon as the first tune did kick-in.. *melting*
08-30-2012, 11:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanuku View Post
Honestly, I stop carrying about the price as soon as the first tune did kick-in.. *melting*
I must say that I am excited to download this and give it a try.
08-30-2012, 12:00 PM
pfff... pretty "shallow" week again, eh? don't know what to play first... really
08-30-2012, 12:01 PM
Was this created with RPG Maker? I can't shake the feeling

Sorry it feels like an indie effort instead of a big name developer title.
08-30-2012, 12:05 PM
I'm not sure about this one. Don't get me wrong, I believe developers should be able to charge the real value of a game. I thought FF3 was honestly undervalued for what it is, and I thought the other FF games and the Chaos rings ones were properly costed. But this is a mobile phone 2d game at twice the cost of the DS/Console RPGs that doesn't have the same history as the other FF games or the same innovation as the CR series. I'm hesitant to put the $ down for this.
08-30-2012, 12:11 PM
From the videos this one just doesn't look good at all. No retro charm, just cheap. Take away the wonderful music and there's not much left. The story must be in regions of the best Final Fantasy episodes to justify that price and I highly doubt it. I'll wait for another Chaos Rings. THAT's the series the iOS world deserves.

{ Permanently addicted to: 868-HACK }
I perform. Therefore I am. You should book me.
..::: METROCCOLIS :::..
08-30-2012, 12:21 PM
I would've liked the interface to look better. I guess it'll be my main complaint.

Looks like the battle system is ATB which is same as FFIV and such.

GC:SunScape | Plus+:MysticSun | Other:MystikSun
Youtube: SunScapeUPSB | PSN: mudkiprulz|
08-30-2012, 12:23 PM
For all those that want to hear the complete Track:

Last edited by Sanuku; 08-30-2012 at 01:33 PM.