★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Upcoming games beta tests?

11-25-2008, 04:32 PM
Upcoming games beta tests?

For any Developers who have upcoming games and would like to get an opinion on them, I would love to help out!
11-25-2008, 04:43 PM
I would as well, you can reach me @; rich_952000@yahoo.com

11-25-2008, 05:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasonFried123 View Post
For any Developers who have upcoming games and would like to get an opinion on them, I would love to help out!
Must you keep starting threads just to ask developers to be their beta tester? This is the second one you have started now (first one here).
If there is a particular game or developer you want to beta test for, then ask them in the dedicated thread on their app.
11-25-2008, 05:17 PM
Ummm Okay, but I wasnt aiming towards any specific Developer. Thats why I started this thread to get to know what kind of games these developers are making and If they needed any help. But thank you for clarifying that this is my second post. I realize that.
11-25-2008, 05:25 PM
But why keep starting new threads on the same subject? You already have your first one here that you could post again on, or click on the link Brewstermax gave in that thread to the other one he started here.

But I will quote what Superbad posted on the latter here...
"let them come to you.. not you begging them...
this site is about discussion.. not a beta testing site..."

Imagine if we all posted threads asking to be beta testers- this forum would look pretty boring and desperate wouldn't it?
11-25-2008, 05:27 PM
It's great to see that so many people want to beta test! Always exciting to see excited users.

Since these threads keep coming up, let me give you the dev perspective on this. The best way to get a beta testing gig is to contact a developer with constructive feedback on one of their apps. Devs absolutely love that. We've gotten lots of great ideas from people who took the time to do that, and we really appreciate their contribution. We've stayed in touch with almost all of them, and they were nice enough to help beta test our new releases and new apps.

So basically, if you have any games right now that you love and have some suggestions for, and you want to see more from this particular dev - write to them and let them know. It's pretty likely that they'll keep in touch and would ask you to help beta test their next project.
11-25-2008, 05:29 PM
Sound advise Nattylux. That is how I have become an active beta tester- from my app feedback on this forum no less.
11-26-2008, 02:10 PM
I agree with wastedyuteh. The key is to find games you are interested in and offer feedback, or to check developer websites. This is how I have gotten into some beta testing, and I have nad the opportunity to test some really great games so far. Because of my experience, I am involved in the testing right now of my dream app that I have been anxioulsy awaiting for months now.
11-26-2008, 02:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJPodder View Post
I agree with wastedyuteh. The key is to find games you are interested in and offer feedback, or to check developer websites. This is how I have gotten into some beta testing, and I have nad the opportunity to test some really great games so far. Because of my experience, I am involved in the testing right now of my dream app that I have been anxioulsy awaiting for months now.
what app is this?