★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Retro Racing (Now free!)

08-30-2012, 12:00 PM
Retro Racing (Now free!)

Follow me on Twitter for all the latest iOS news. And sometimes more.
08-30-2012, 12:26 PM
Don't support this dev! He promised in Feb. 2012 that the IAPs will be obtainable through playing the game ("unlockable by skill") and not only for real money in a next update. But it never happened.

Quote in the original thread:
http://forums.toucharcade.com/showpo...6&postcount=31

Gabrien's answer:
http://forums.toucharcade.com/showpo...&postcount=122

Not recommended.

Hurry up! Handpicked & Time-Limited App Store FREEbies & Sales
(Blog German-language; but you'll find all links, pics, and videos.)

08-30-2012, 12:56 PM
Too bad about the iap :/
08-30-2012, 01:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habakuk View Post
Don't support this dev! He promised in Feb. 2012 that the IAPs will be obtainable through playing the game ("unlockable by skill") and not only for real money in a next update. But it never happened.
That sucks. Had thought about trying this, but can't stand when IAPs are implemented in a way that it affects leaderboards. If they're unlockable through game play, that's fine. If they're just cosmetic, that's also fine. But even if it is just another $.99, it makes the game imbalanced. I'd rather have had them charge $1.99 for the game than do this kind of crap.
08-30-2012, 01:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habakuk View Post

Quote in the original thread:
http://forums.toucharcade.com/showpo...6&postcount=31

Gabrien's answer:
http://forums.toucharcade.com/showpo...&postcount=122

Not recommended.
Let's dig a little deeper shall we, rather than just cherry picking one or two posts; I think it only fair people read that thread from say here:

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showth...123441&page=12

To get a more accurate idea of what went on.
08-30-2012, 01:31 PM
Thanks Habakuk. Unfortunatly the dev alread added a notch to his DL count thanks the me. I'll delete it before launching though, if that helps

I was considering going into the Eternal Warriors thread to plead with TA members to boycott Glu (thanks Glu for pulling the Glyder series, Beat It! and dungeon Solitaire, along with buying once storied studios ), but decided it would be best to avoid starting a potential flamewar.

Last edited by Greyskull; 08-30-2012 at 05:06 PM.
08-30-2012, 01:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Qwak View Post
Let's dig a little deeper shall we, rather than just cherry picking one or two posts; I think it only fair people read that thread from say here:

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showth...123441&page=12

To get a more accurate idea of what went on.
I DID read through the thread and even though you first mentioned it back in February. It never happened.

The page you cited was from April!

Quote:
With regards the unlock mechanism; yes, it's still valid and will happen.
And it's been more than 4 months since then. I think there's a valid complaint to be had if a total of six months have passed and you never made a change to address the issue. Obviously addressing your customer's requests, not in additional content, but in fairness when it comes to leaderboards, isn't a primary concern.

Last edited by awp69; 08-30-2012 at 01:37 PM.
08-30-2012, 01:45 PM
Does anyone feel that what happened with Apple is a consideration in all this? Or is that irrelevant?
08-30-2012, 01:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by awp69 View Post
I DID read through the thread and even though you first mentioned it back in February. It never happened.

The page you cited was from April!
You know what happened between February and April then?

Quote:
Originally Posted by awp69 View Post
And it's been more than 4 months since then. I think there's a valid complaint to be had if a total of six months have passed and you never made a change to address the issue. Obviously addressing your customer's requests, not in additional content, but in fairness when it comes to leaderboards, isn't a primary concern.
I agree, addressing customer requests and concerns is one priority.

Do you have any idea of what happened with Apple? The extent to which I got screwed over? Do you know what they did for a good will gesture?
08-30-2012, 01:54 PM
Quote:
Does anyone feel that what happened with Apple is a consideration in all this? Or is that irrelevant?
Huh? What happened with Apple that could possibly affect an update that was promised months ago?

I don't know. Guess I'm talking to a wall. There's plenty of other devs who have made updates to their games due to players complaints. Heroes Call comes to mind...removing wait times and other things that players thought were going overboard. And that's a free game!

Anyway, I'm not completely against IAPs. I just hate any IAP that can affect leaderboards. "Shortcuts" to unlock things without having to earn them or addtional content is fine. But you're free to do what you want. It just another dev that I cross of the list for future games. The mindless droves of iOS users who don't see the issue, well, you'll probably get their money.

Quote:
Do you have any idea of what happened with Apple? The extent to which I got screwed over? Do you know what they did for a good will gesture?
EDIT: Well, the only thing I could find was your issues with changing from a personal to business account. So you lost like 3-4 days of sales, but Apple featured your game afterwards to help with the issue. Don't see how this is relevant as you got more exposure for the game.

Anyway, I don't want to go back and forth on this. I and others on this forum have opinions on what constitutes valid IAPs. So, I'm not likely to be swayed. And you likely aren't going to be swayed by our opinions. Just doesn't seem like how you were "screwed" by Apple should have anything to do with an update promised six months ago.

Last edited by awp69; 08-30-2012 at 02:08 PM.