★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Time Geeks & Friends Premium - by Ivanovich Games (Universal) : $2.99 -> $0.99

08-30-2012, 01:50 PM
Time Geeks & Friends Premium - by Ivanovich Games (Universal) : $2.99 -> $0.99

08-30-2012, 02:58 PM
Bought this only today at $3 when first released (USA). Now you've changed the price within hours to .99?
Why do I feel like I've been slapped in the face and somewhat violated by the principle behind this maneuver. If anything it should go UP in price from Apple's nomination (if you were a savy businessman).
It's no wonder the usual practice nowadays is to wait a few days or weeks to buy when the price drops, you've shown it's now only hours.
Once again this has proven why this is so. Somehow I was a little too trusting this time around.
Shame, shame!

Last edited by Coldar; 08-30-2012 at 04:27 PM.

08-30-2012, 03:08 PM
Well, that was REALLY fast...
08-30-2012, 03:14 PM
I'm a big supporter of ivanovich games and all but the fast price drop is definitely a blow to loyal fans who purchased as soon as it got released. Mind you I have not purchased it yet but if I did I would have been disappointed. I understand why they did since being featured but still not a wise choice to make fans upset.
08-30-2012, 03:49 PM
Wonder why this game dropped in price so quickly. I bought the first Time Geeks game when it came out. Is this game IAP-laden?

"@ColeDaddy - My wallet hates you. That is all."
Drummerboycroy
08-30-2012, 04:08 PM
Saw a new Time Geeks multiplayer game going for $0.99 and bought it immediately.
08-30-2012, 04:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by violentv View Post
Saw a new Time Geeks multiplayer game going for $0.99 and bought it immediately.

I'm happy you didn't get it earlier in the day when it was first released at $2.99.
08-30-2012, 04:50 PM
Its a 💩💩💩💩ingg joke honestly

You try to support the developers and get shafted!
08-30-2012, 05:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldar View Post
I'm happy you didn't get it earlier in the day when it was first released at $2.99.
I saw the price when it came out. I wouldn't have gotten it then since I have no intention of playing it at the moment=/

I seldom buy games unless I have time/motivation to play them straight away/in the near future. It is not an issue of $$(waiting for a price drop) really..games just tend to permanently disappear into of my sea of ever increasing number of unfinished games unless I play them right away. I can't resist taking advantage of sales though!

eh..seems like a rather unfortunate thing for the early buyers that the price dropped so soon. I do think that the majority of their customers don't care though(the ignorant masses)..there are enough of them to buffer sales and provide 'support'. TA members are all well informed..like you said.. lots of people wait for the inevitable price drop so opting to be an early buyer generally means that he/she really wants to support the developer or just want to play the game that badly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGreed View Post
Its a ��������ingg joke honestly

You try to support the developers and get shafted!
I am genuinely curious here: I think it makes sense for buyers like Coldar to feel annoyed but If you buy a game knowing that the price is going to drop in the future because you want to support the dev etc...does it matter if the price drop happens almost immediately or a couple of weeks after launch?

Last edited by violentv; 08-30-2012 at 09:52 PM.
08-30-2012, 05:49 PM
The guy is one iof the good developers. He is active on the forums here and makes good games. Most of his games seem to go on sale or free if you wait long enough. If the guy decides to put his game on sale quickly to take advantage of an Apple feature, it is unfortunate for the early buyers, but no reason to condemn him. It does not diminish the worth of the game to those early buyers and the dev is entitled to try to monetize his efforts. IMHO.

As for myself, I tried the lite version and decided it was not my cup of tea.

Game Center: MarinasideSteve