★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Joyland Bounce (Gamesmith) Bounce on Ripoff

06-07-2009, 09:21 AM
Joyland Bounce (Gamesmith) Bounce on Ripoff

Hey, this new game was released last night and nobody made a thread. What do you guys and gals think should I get it if I already have bounce on?

http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=317817295&mt=8

Last edited by radchad1; 06-07-2009 at 09:24 AM.
06-07-2009, 09:27 AM
LoL "Ripoff" might be a little strong a word... how about "Copy"?

Everything in the appstore is a copy (zombieville/mummys attack/sparta), but whats good about it is the guy copying will do whatever it takes to get recognized (offer it for 0.99 or even free to get attention over the established one) which will spur the original bounce on to lower prices since they arent the only game in town anymore.

06-07-2009, 09:48 AM
I'm going to TOFTT on this one. I'll be back after the gym with some impressions on this one.
06-07-2009, 09:56 AM
Actually, Joyland Bounce offer a different gameplay experience - from my publisher's point of view, it's actually better than Bounce On :-)

In Bounce On, your character rolls on the floor and jumps - more in a traditional platformer fashion.

In Joyland Bounce, your character floats, which is more tricky to control - hence more fun. Plus the graphics are outstanding!

But I won't agree that Bounce On is a neat little game, if you liked it, you will definitely enjoy Joyland Bounce.

Promo codes are available for website admins.

Thanks,

Simon
06-07-2009, 10:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamesmithstudios View Post
Actually, Joyland Bounce offer a different gameplay experience - from my publisher's point of view, it's actually better than Bounce On :-)

In Bounce On, your character rolls on the floor and jumps - more in a traditional platformer fashion.

In Joyland Bounce, your character floats, which is more tricky to control - hence more fun. Plus the graphics are outstanding!

But I won't agree that Bounce On is a neat little game, if you liked it, you will definitely enjoy Joyland Bounce.

Promo codes are available for website admins.

Thanks,

Simon
Hello Simon,

I take back my initial comments about the game being a bounce on rip off. The game is actually really fun and I like how you move the little fellow around the levels. It's really similar to being more like rolando, but I don't regret the purchase I just made on this game, thus far.
06-07-2009, 10:42 AM
barely anything on the appstore is what I'd call original, just my opinion, there are good controls but not new ideas

Quote:
Originally Posted by The prez 12521 View Post
No. But there's a good chance she'll put her hand down there. Like we were holding hands in the movie, she moved our hands on my lap and I was just thinking...oh god please not now please stay soft
Reminding for when I get new iPod: Epic Win
06-07-2009, 10:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by radchad1 View Post
Hello Simon,

I take back my initial comments about the game being a bounce on rip off. The game is actually really fun and I like how you move the little fellow around the levels. It's really similar to being more like rolando, but I don't regret the purchase I just made on this game, thus far.
So maybe a mod can change the thread title? lol...

Crystal, OpenFeint, Plus+, Disc Drivin: Prab | Game Center: PrabSG
06-07-2009, 12:54 PM
Thanks! I'm happy you're enjoying it. Please do provide feedback, we'll be happy to update our games with your recommendations.

Simon
06-07-2009, 12:57 PM
Any video of the game in action?
06-07-2009, 01:39 PM
That's a cute little ball. Can anyone tell us what the gameplay is like. Is it like dizzy bee utilizing the accelerometer? Or what?

The screenshots look good. I'd love to see some video of this one.

EDIT:
Thanks for the video Spiff, this looks NOTHING like bounce on, except the character is a ball.

I've been away for awhile, but I'm back.