Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 09-17-2012, 02:18 AM
iPad (3rd Gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaysUsernam View Post
BTW, I can't find any mention of your game over at boardgame geeks site...get over there and get noticed...this is right up their alley!!
Start a thread Jay and tell us where to come!

Re: you comments on the artwork/childish thing, if I may add my opinion, personally it's one of the things I like about the game. I like that it's kinda sweet and innocent with funny faced goblins making silly noises and fairies battling dragons.

(Although have a look at the news section, have you seen the pictures of the new decks, I think you'll find they'd scare the bejesus out of most kids )

As a female player, I get sick to death of games artists who design graphics of (for example) a fairy, then stick a GIANT pair of plastic t!ts on it and add a sexual element. There's enough of that crap in other games and real life IMO.

I hope I understood your point correctly here.

Another way we can help the guys is of course to remember to leave an app store comment and rating.
Old 09-17-2012, 09:59 AM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

a certain malcontent from this forum under the nick The Dukester (wow, how cool geez) left a retaliatory review of this game on iTunes. I, for one, checked it as not being helpful and all those who like this game are invited to do the same.
Old 09-17-2012, 10:11 AM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Default Ranking algorithm and ability order

@Steve the Goblin:
Thanks alot for the taking the time to answer again, much appreciated.
Your reply about the ranking points answered all my questions, great job.

For the ability order, I am not sure if I understand your answer right.
To make it more easy, is the order below correct? If not, which is the right one?
At my turn start
1) First the bottom row abilities (auras&items) get processed, in order from left to right
2) Next, top row abilities (minions) are processed, also in order from left to right
Old 09-17-2012, 10:15 AM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack the Knife View Post
a certain malcontent from this forum under the nick The Dukester (wow, how cool geez) left a retaliatory review of this game on iTunes. I, for one, checked it as not being helpful and all those who like this game are invited to do the same.
Hhmm... I cannot see any review for Spellcraft. Are those country-specific?
But thanks for the reminder, dropped my 5 stars
If I find the time this week, I will leave a review myself.
Old 09-17-2012, 11:08 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

The mechanics are fine, but the game starts too slowly without IAP, so it did not manage to hook me.
Winning the first two games played by waiting the opponent to use up all his cards is not exciting.
The CG graphics also missed the mark for me, and with many card games on the market, not worth the time (and/or money) investment for me.
Well, but for the price of free, fans of card/board games could still give it a try.

Last edited by Sleepow; 09-17-2012 at 11:13 AM..
Old 09-17-2012, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Why? Who made you the arbiter of App Store reviews?

If legitimate issues are raised, then isn't it actually a useful review? It's the blind, mindless adoration of games and their developers — like you with Spellcraft, for instance — that ensures there is so much crap at the App Store. Developers know they can toss just about any shiny POS they want onto the store, safe in the knowledge that the fanboys will try to shout down anyone pointing out any negatives.

Or, in smaller words that you'll be able to follow: just because you like Spellcraft does not make it a perfect game. That's not how the world works.

Finally, how is "TheDukester" any worse than "Mack The Knife," one of the biggest cliché user names in the history of the internet? Did you think you were being original or clever with that one?
Old 09-17-2012, 01:32 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Moving swiftly on....

We've decided to bring forward plans to use a server for storage , to give an extra layer of safety. Pass me the caffiene..

Hello Sleepow
Many new players don't always realise you can easily smash any stalemate situation by replacing your cards in play with others. Also get some of the essential 'functional' cards that clear away stubborn enemy auras. Just use any gold pieces you've got left, as they are very easy to get.

BoardGamesGeek
Will go and say hello soon. It's one of my favourite websites.

Facebook
We've been using this a fair while to show upcoming cards. May interest some.
http://www.facebook.com/SpellcraftCCG

Website FAQ
As Mack said, FAQ is looking better and hopefully helps someone.

Languages
It is unlikely, sadly, we will be doing any other language versions until late next year. It's just a matter of practicality, as we really are only 3. The first ones would most likely be French and Japanese, as we have ready access to both of those (wives!)

Regards
Steve , ThreeGoblins
http://www.spellcraft-ccg.com/
Old 09-17-2012, 01:54 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Yep it happens. Really damning reviews from competitors, or those who just enjoy writing this stuff. Most people read between the lines in reviews anyway.

But any form of review, good or bad, gets people talking!
As they say, "There is no such thing as bad publicity"

I have PM-ed Mr.Dukester, offering to help with his grievance. No reply as yet.
Old 09-17-2012, 02:09 PM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

Quote:
I have PM-ed Mr.Dukester
heh, good luck with that. in an earlier post when i merely suggested people exercise caution before removing apps, believe it or not that whacko PM-ed me stating that he hoped I die in boiling oil. i mean, talk about someone off their medication!
Old 09-17-2012, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve at ThreeGoblins View Post
Really damning reviews from competitors, or those who just enjoy writing this stuff.
I guarantee you that review is not either of those. Sometimes a review is just a review; there doesn't always have to be a conspiracy involved.

Quote:
As they say, "There is no such thing as bad publicity"
I hope you don't actually believe this. Much like "the customer is always right," it's an erroneous cliché that's been repeated often enough that many people simply take it for granted.

There is such a thing as "bad publicity." Very much so. If you plan to be in business six months from now, you really need to understand this.

Quote:
I have PM-ed Mr.Dukester, offering to help with his grievance. No reply as yet.
You won't get a reply. That account was Hodapp-ed quite a while ago. I doubt it could even be accessed now.

Good news about the server, though. Does that mean server-side storage for players' cards and gold?