Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 10-05-2012, 04:18 AM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Default Darkling Assassin Bug - Update

Hi Goblins,
I finally had one of my own Dark Assassins up against an AI barrier, and I can confirm that the bug affects human players as well.
So it is not limited to the AI, but a general issue.
Old 10-05-2012, 12:56 PM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

@greymane48 (in case you read this):
I most courteously tip my hat to you, as you defeated me soundly for - I think - eight times in a row now.
Very well played, and I had good fun. Hope to see you around again soon.
Old 10-05-2012, 09:32 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Hello all,

Sorry I have been unable to respond to PMs and such. Just escaped from hospital.
Hmm.. That sounded wrong.

Anyway, will be replying to all messages now.

Steve @ 3G
Old 10-06-2012, 06:13 AM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Hi Steve, and welcome back!
Hope you are doing okay and are recovering. Take your time, no need to rush anything.
Best wishes, Shein
Old 10-07-2012, 12:58 PM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

The ranking algorithm could use some finetuning.

Example:
Currently, a rank 48 that wins against a rank 24/25 gains 2 ranks, and the r25 loses 1 rank.
The other way around, if the r25 wins, he gains only one rank; I cannot remember for sure if the r48 lost one or two ranks upon losing, but I think it was only one.
I think it would be more balanced if the r48 only gains one rank when he wins against somebody around the 25 rank range.
And for the ~25 rank range to gain 2 ranks if they win against someone of sufficiently higher rank.
The same should apply to all similar rank ranges and rank differences, with some modifiers for the range you are in.
E.g. a rank 10 winning against a rank 30 should gain more, say 3 ranks (and the r30 lose more), than a rank 40 winning against a rank 60.

Last edited by Sheinfell; 10-07-2012 at 03:57 PM..
Old 10-07-2012, 09:15 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Thanks for your observations.

You were seeing a rather extreme example there,25 vs 48. Had it been just 2 ranks different, 25 vs 50, the higher ranked player would've won 1.
That's the cut-off point.

These values are really designed around when pvp takes off, so players could both have large ranks. Happy with it for now.

Of course at moment, there aren't enough for regular pvp with random opponents yet, but iPhone release should greatly help.

Cheers
Steve @ ThreeGoblins
Old 10-07-2012, 09:18 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Default Incoming

We have lots of stuff coming soon over next month or two:

iPhone version
iCloud storage so you can use your cards on your iPad or iPhone
New artwork for a lot of the main game screens
New artwork on a fair few of the current cards
The undead faction
A new kind of 1-player campaign

Busy busy laying the groundwork!

Steve
http://www.spellcraft-ccg.com/
Old 10-08-2012, 12:09 PM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

Quote:
The undead faction

Quote:
A new kind of 1-player campaign
i was so interested in getting the new faction i read right past this. can you expound a little on what this 1-player campaign is all about?

and, another thing...

Quote:
New artwork on a fair few of the current cards
hmm, a fair few means a significant number of cards will have new artwork. how often are you going to do this? not often i hope as over time i recognize what the cards do by their artwork. i know what Ruby Dragon does by the picture. i don't need to enlarge it. you change the picture and i have to learn it all over. again, how many cards are you going to change, why are you doing it, and are you going to do it very often??

Last edited by Mack the Knife; 10-08-2012 at 05:10 PM..
Old 10-08-2012, 04:50 PM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Adding my voice to Mack's:
All the other things you mention sound great (and like you got lots of work on your plate), but the "new campaign" caught my attention the most as well.
Will it be a "real" campaign, as in what you normally associate with it in strategy games and such (e.g. storyline, more details on the world, etc.) ?
I would really like to learn more about the world Spellcraft takes place in.

Oh, here is an interesting idea, for the world and the game's artwork:
Humans are a real minority in the card art, I actually remember a handful of cards showing someone who would most likely be human, everyone else is humanoid at best.
Would be very interesting for a change, to see a world that can do completely without humans...
And yes, I know this will be a huge bunch of work for your artist, but I still like this idea alot, to replace all humans with humanoids or beasts.

One more thought, spawning from the above:
The Water card with the Pirates does not fit the rest of the faction, replacing it with an appropriate group of Tritons would round off the Water faction really well.
I have something in mind, but cannot remember the English word for those scavenger type people, who lighted fires on cliffs and such, to lead ships to crash there so they could plunder them. Can anyone help me out here?

Edit: I just watched Dagon again, and would love to see a Deep Sea faction based on the undersea parts of the Lovecraft mythos. There is still room in the ocean to the south of the current Water faction...

Last edited by Sheinfell; 10-08-2012 at 04:52 PM..
Old 10-08-2012, 05:49 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Hi Mack,

The campaign will be updated to include a few unique cards that represent special places, items or monsters. Sorry that's a bit vague. Essentially it's a way to add some variety to the 1-player campaign.

Changes to art: totally agree, visual recognition is paramount. Mostly these improvements are just enhancements to whatever is there now, so it just looks better. If you look at the undead faction you will see the quality raised. We want that quality across the board.
There might be a few cards that get a revamp, but the image will be very recognisable.
Are we going to do it very often? No, as our Artist would go mad. A card might get 1 facelift ever in a lifetime.
The new backdrops (deck design,deck selection) are really nice.

Regards
Steve @ 3G