Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 08-31-2012, 06:30 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x

So any word on iPod Touch playability? I could also help out with that. :P
Old 08-31-2012, 06:42 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

If you've got a code, I wouldn't mind taking this for a spin and leaving some impressions here! Seems like some people are holding off until some of those come in! Game looks very cool by the way.
Old 08-31-2012, 06:45 PM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadBotGames View Post
Very good point, ill be sure to make that clearer in the description, the game hasn't been tested on the itouch devices as its just a small one-man-studio with freelancers; so the ipad & iphone models where used for playtesting. ill send you a code if you want to check it out on your itouch device.
I'll test it out on my idevice with a code of coarse.
Old 08-31-2012, 06:53 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

I dont have a 4th Gen Touch anymore, so i'm not going to ask for a code. But i hope somebody sends me one.

This is me trying to fit in.
Old 08-31-2012, 07:52 PM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

I downloaded the game onto my iTouch 4th gen device
From what I saw the graphics look phenomenal but the game crashed before I could engage in a fight...it kept crashing with about five closing down and restarting
I also experienced a fair bit of FPS issues
My poor device was also heating up...the processor was working overtime
I'm afraid this iTouch can't handle it
Look forward to playing it someday on a newer device!!!
Old 08-31-2012, 08:12 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), OS 4.x

yeah the game is currently running on the iphone 4 and upwards, (not the ipod touch devices) ill have to eventually get an ipod touch myself and start optimizing it for the itouch devices. im also working on adding more characters, story and levels in the coming updates.

also, the last of the codes have been posted here: http://forums.toucharcade.com/showth...hreadid=150620

Last edited by BadBotGames; 08-31-2012 at 08:17 PM..
Old 08-31-2012, 08:20 PM

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

I really wanted to give the Game some love but...at least for now...I can`t do that. To much isn't finished or polished yet to give it a warm welcome and add it to my Fighting Games Folder.

The current Build really need a lot more work...

Comparing it with the Rest of the other Fighting Games on the Appstore I sadly have to agree with those that might say that the Game is currently at no point near finished/polished enough to be actually already on the Appstore.

...but there is still some hope...

And still some of the added Moves and Animations in the Game are really clever put together and you can clearly see that if the Game had a bigger Team working on it and/or the current one had spent more time with finishing/polishing it we might have got another Sleeper on the iTunes Store and a small Gem for Fighting Fans.

...even if it won`t be easy to transfer this Black Swan into something that will...

It starts with the Menu and Ends with the among of current Fighters in the Game that really would have need a bigger variety, it all seem so rushed out instead of really taking the time and just worked out a List of what all needs still to be added/tuned/polished.
...make the Fighting Games Community start to dance around it.
Conclusion:

Battle Universe is like a Painting where you can already see a few Details shine out but overall it`s still a long march till you can call it a Masterpiece and I don`t know if the Developer have the will or even the financial Background to be able to walk the rest of the Way.
Old 08-31-2012, 09:00 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by squarezero View Post
There are many pre-Green Lantern characters who used domino masks (as those things are called). The Spirit, for example. Heck, even the Lone Ranger.
Note all these domino masks.

Look how many of them have a nose-piece that goes all the way past the tip of the nose. Note that pretty much all of them are on a Green Lantern.

I'm sure it wasn't intentional, but it's a pretty distinctive piece of kit!
Old 08-31-2012, 09:19 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), OS 4.x

@Sanuku, thanks for the honest review, i think my game is is very different from infinity blade, one of the initial goals was to make the controls, gameplay and game different. the only similarity is the camera angle, which is convenient for touch controls.

this is my first attempt at game design although i had some industry devs helping me with the level artwork. within an 8month development period.

ill be working very hard this weekend on an update to address the issues you had
also thanks for the positive things you had to say too

@GEOELECTRIC lol yeah the green hornet has the same mask too
Old 08-31-2012, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadBotGames View Post
@Sanuku, thanks for the honest review, i think my game is is very different from infinity blade, one of the initial goals was to make the controls, gameplay and game different. the only similarity is the camera angle, which is convenient for touch controls.

this is my first attempt at game design although i had some industry devs helping me with the level artwork. within an 8month development period.

ill be working very hard this weekend on an update to address the issues you had
also thanks for the positive things you had to say too
Honestly you should take a break over the Weekend or for at least another Week so you can gain some Energy back before you go back on working on the Game and then start to fix every small Bug/Glitch that`s still left in the Game.

If you start working on it right now you will get so damn fast frustrated that you will probably don`t ever touched any Game Code of the Game again. I really would give you the advise to don`t make the Mistake get overpowered so soon.

Instead you should collect as much Feedback as possible about the Game and what need to get changed in the upcoming Days/Weeks/Months.

One more advise:

Try to get in Contact with the Community over at http://shoryuken.com/. They will probably wipe your Ass because of the current Build but if it comes to Fighting Games they are one of the best Scource out there so you should definitly get their Feedbacks too and don`t take it personal if you will read a lot of negativ Comments. Instead you should take it as an oppurtunity