★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: A Hookshot adventure! Don't fall and don't lose your limbs. Anyo and Rui love to swing high above the clouds. Join them as they soar through strange worlds shoot from cannons, dangle by giant bubbles, bounce on enormous springs and dodge falling thingamajigs.

Use Rui to swing Anyo safely through each level without losing all his limbs. Climb the leaderboards by collecting all the stars, setting record times and keeping your limbs!

Can you reach the finish in one piece?

Features:

30 levels spanning 5 whimsical worlds
Game Center Leaderboards and Achievements
Intuitive controls allow you to grapple, swing and lower/raise yourself with ease
Physics based dynamic environments with moving platforms, gravity shifts, and more

Kosma's comments:
08-31-2012, 07:36 PM
Free Version

**UPDATE**9/8/12 Game controls have been updated since people were having issues. Visible buttons and the ability to swing left have been added**UPDATE** There is a free version as well featuring 10 levels from the full game. Cheers and enjoy!

Last edited by Kosma; 09-08-2012 at 01:35 PM. Reason: update

08-31-2012, 07:46 PM
The graphics are cute, but the game is hard to figure out.
08-31-2012, 07:50 PM
Thanks for the feedback. The first level has a tutorial and the pause screen has instructions. Always open to suggestions for improvement. Thanks for checking it out!
08-31-2012, 09:20 PM
Similar gameplay to "Hanger," without the gore and with a slightly different control method. Production is quality, so it'd be well worth your time to check out the lite version, folks.
08-31-2012, 10:07 PM
I'd prefer to think it was just my hand-eye coordination tonight, but I found the controls ponderous, though the game feels like someone put a lot of effort into it. I found myself falling a lot when I shouldn't, so I gave up before getting very far.
09-06-2012, 04:12 PM
anyoandrui

Love the game Great graphics Love that Anyo and Rui
09-07-2012, 09:58 AM
Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid
Picked up the lite version, and I dunno if I'm gonna buy the full. It'd be nice to have a back/left button (like Hanger)...

But the movement up and down on the sticky thing is a nice addition.

What are the leaderboards for? High Score/Time/Stars Collected??
09-08-2012, 11:43 AM
Anyo and Rui UPDATE

Anyo and Rui has been updated with new controls, the ability to swing left, and less aggressive limb loss. I'd Love to hear feedback and I hope it's more enjoyable to play. @ syntheticvoid, Yes the leaderboards are based on your high score for each level which is the sum of your limb loss,stars collected and time for each level.
09-08-2012, 11:45 AM
Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosma View Post
Anyo and Rui has been updated with new controls, the ability to swing left, and less aggressive limb loss. I'd Love to hear feedback and I hope it's more enjoyable to play. @ syntheticvoid, Yes the leaderboards are based on your high score for each level which is the sum of your limb loss,stars collected and time for each level.
Right on! Thanks for the info, and the update! Gonna go ahead and purchase the full version now. =oD