★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Rapacious humans are invading again, ogres, pick up your weapons and fight back.

In order to resist human invasion, large amounts of defense towers must be constructed. The tricky part is to upgrade the towers by combining them.

Battles take place in forests, deserts, graveyards and more. You will engage different types of enemies, the key to win lies in deploying, upgrading and mix and match different towers.

Basic rules:
Combining 3 towers of the same type into a more advanced one.

Facing the challenge from easy to hard to earn awesome achievements.
08-31-2012, 07:55 PM
Anyone try this yet?? Just wondering if it is like Treasure Defense. Can't find any gameplay videos.

08-31-2012, 10:10 PM
I'm a bit of a sucker for games like Triple Town/Dragon Town/Trinity War... which were the games that this looks like it was based apon, so I'm fairly interested to see how they've expanded on the genre by adding the defense mechanic. I'm guessing you lay down three weaker towers and the third one combines them all together to make a 'stronger' tower and so on... sounds pretty cool to me, I just wonder how the combining of towers affects the path of the 'creeps'. I could also be completely wrong in my assessment of the screenshots, in which case please completely disregard my post. Guess there's only one way to find out for sure.

Edit: Also notice strange similarities to Kingdom Rush and Staunch Defense in the screenshots. Interesting... but if this is even half as good as either of those games, I'd be happy.

Last edited by The Son of Anarchy; 08-31-2012 at 10:18 PM.
09-01-2012, 02:05 AM
I ended up getting this just to satisfy my own curiosities. The devs must've really, REALLY liked Kingdom Rush cause the screenshots aren't the only place where the similarities end. Many times while playing I was reminded of KR, many of you who look closely at the screenshots will see familiar art, but also tower types & some of the sounds ingame are identical. Just to be clear, I'm not saying this is as good as KR either, (not many TD games will ever get into that category) nor is it a bad game. I guess what I AM saying is that my original assessment above was pretty spot on. Tower Defense game where every third tower of the same kind combines into a stronger tower now in the place where the third one was placed. And it works quite well, definitely adds an extra layer of strategy. The game's not perfect of course and there's room for improvement, (isn't there always?) ie.
clearer tower placement,
smaller towers as they're a bit big,
and IMO needs a detailed help guide because a lot of people won't have a clue what they're meant to do,
difficulty balance: I've played all the decent TD games (and no, I'm not saying I'm awesome) but this seems a tad difficult, I three starred the first level but one starred the next two. I'd like to think the difficulty isn't to push the iap, which does exist, but I'd hope not.

So yeah, decent little game if you like the sound of a 'triple' game wrapped around a TD game. Make of all that what you will.
09-01-2012, 04:16 AM
I've tried to play this on an iPhone 4S and an iPad 3 and it constantly crashes and freezes. I haven't managed to play a map at all yet.

Game Centre, Openfeint, Crystal, Gameloft Live and PSN ID: Smallville2106
09-04-2012, 04:45 AM
Now FREE.

Is this game only for iPhone 4 and above?

Hi, you seemed to be lost on the Internets.
This is TouchArcade, where 2$ for a game is too much, 5$ is an outrage, and 10$ or more is putting sugar in their car tanks whilst killing puppies.

Last edited by Vovin; 09-04-2012 at 05:39 AM.
09-04-2012, 05:40 AM
Appstore says:

Quote:
Requirements: Compatible with iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPod touch (3rd generation), iPod touch (4th generation) and iPad. Requires iOS 4.1 or later.
yes to 3GS, but the screens are far too big and doesn't fit. Looks as if it uses the iPhone 4 resolution. Anyone else has this problem?

Hi, you seemed to be lost on the Internets.
This is TouchArcade, where 2$ for a game is too much, 5$ is an outrage, and 10$ or more is putting sugar in their car tanks whilst killing puppies.
09-04-2012, 07:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pavarotti2007 View Post
I've tried to play this on an iPhone 4S and an iPad 3 and it constantly crashes and freezes. I haven't managed to play a map at all yet.
Won't work on my 4S either...
09-04-2012, 07:59 AM
09-04-2012, 08:37 AM
Looks good from the video. Hope they fix it.

Game Centre, Openfeint, Crystal, Gameloft Live and PSN ID: Smallville2106