★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Lawn Darts review (free right now)

11-25-2008, 05:55 PM
Lawn Darts review (free right now)

I almost bought this game when it was released then the price started flip-flopping so I stayed away.

Right now it is free and I have found that I enjoy this title. It offers more of a fantastical approach than a simulative one. You can play as alien and human afficianados of the fine(albeit illegal in real life) yard darts. You can choose fire darts, splitters, and even nuclear darts. On the last level/arena you play on the moon with low gravity even.

For a free play this is definately a casual pleaser, yet offers strategy elements as well. Since it is not an ad supported game the dev will certainly be raising the price after the sale so I will suggest .99$ worth of content.
11-25-2008, 06:03 PM
For your reference comparison

For reference:

iDarts: $0.99; full 3D; good graphics

Darts: Free until WIFI update; full 3D; excellent graphics; developer video

Youtube link | Pop Up

All Stars Darts: $0.99; 2D/3D; good graphics

Youtube link | Pop Up

iDart: looks 2D, simple $2.99

Last edited by salsamd; 11-25-2008 at 06:48 PM.
11-25-2008, 06:09 PM
I also have iDarts and Darts, iDarts being my favorite of this genre. I forgot to mention the graphics of Lawn Darts is 3D rendering.
11-25-2008, 06:23 PM
Lawn Darts on the Moon!

Lawn Darts is incredibly fun IMO, and I think everyone should grab it while its still free! BTW, the Moon level is really hard! There are Torcher, Splitter, Laser-guided, Nuclear, Bomb, Magnet, and normal darts! This game rules! Right now I am playing a Tournament and I am losing, but still having fun!

Game Center ID: Vaelsh
I'm playing: Small World 2, The Pinball Arcade, Terraria
I'm waiting for: Shadowrun Returns, Micromon, Oceanhorn!
11-25-2008, 07:06 PM
I got Lawn Darts, and it's now on my top 5 favorite games. It's just great- but needs more characters / enviorments to play. That's all updateable, though. Maybe more darts, too. The laser one is sweet.
11-25-2008, 07:49 PM
Send a message via AIM to istopmotion Send a message via MSN to istopmotion
I like this game, it's pretty decent considering its price (free-$1). The graphics look equal to PS1 if anyone is wondering.

Please follow me on Twitter!
I LOVE all Guitar Hero/Rock Band games. Gamertag is 'istopmotion' Add me if you want a challenge