★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

What's the best way to get to know people here?

09-01-2012, 10:20 PM
#1
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 209
What's the best way to get to know people here?

Do you guys get together anywhere? Do you hang out? Where is everyone from? I'm from new York! can I come?

I ask because it seems like people like the guys that made Mikey shorts and some others who touch arcade proudly promotes when they make a game as " guys from the forum", really know each other. and when I make a post or a reply to something it generally goes unnoticed. Other than a few really nice people who took the time of course and I thank you (you know who you are because there are only like 6 of you lol)

So anyone want to come out for a beer? My treat?

The McBunBuns have stolen Granny Lala's Coins!!! Can Lucky, her faithful puppy, bring them all back?Balloon Loons

Online: http://balloon-loons.com
09-02-2012, 02:27 PM
#2
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: California, USA
Posts: 2,143
Hey, if I wasn't so far away I'd let you buy me one

If you wanna get known just keep hanging out. I used to review games here in the forum sometimes before I started developing. A lot of people appreciate good reviewers. I said good.

TA have been kind to me with my games, but I've never actually met anyone here. I'd like to get together with some local talent here in the Bay Area. I could actually use some help on a project.

09-03-2012, 04:36 AM
#3
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 209
Quote:
Originally Posted by schplurg View Post
Hey, if I wasn't so far away I'd let you buy me one

If you wanna get known just keep hanging out. I used to review games here in the forum sometimes before I started developing. A lot of people appreciate good reviewers. I said good.

TA have been kind to me with my games, but I've never actually met anyone here. I'd like to get together with some local talent here in the Bay Area. I could actually use some help on a project.
Hey schplurg! Nice to meet you. Thanks for replying!
Awww damn shame you're so far! If you're in ny any time hit me up! I have a baby so I don't travel much anymore lol

How did you end up reviewing games for them? Do you mean in the review by users section or on the site itself?

I definitely will hang around but I have to admit it gets lonely when no one replies to anything I write lmao. Hopefully the community warms up to me if I keep bugging them!

So what kind of help do you need on your project?

The McBunBuns have stolen Granny Lala's Coins!!! Can Lucky, her faithful puppy, bring them all back?Balloon Loons

Online: http://balloon-loons.com
09-03-2012, 04:41 AM
#4
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 209
Oh btw. Daredevil Dave is one sweet looking game. Nice job there! Are you using unity for it?

The McBunBuns have stolen Granny Lala's Coins!!! Can Lucky, her faithful puppy, bring them all back?Balloon Loons

Online: http://balloon-loons.com
09-03-2012, 06:48 AM
#5
Dare devil Dave reminds me of the Superdave show back in the 90's. The show with the stunt guy
09-03-2012, 05:16 PM
#6
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 209
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvini View Post
Dare devil Dave reminds me of the Superdave show back in the 90's. The show with the stunt guy
Yup totally. Remember that? It was on Saturday mornings right? I remember waking up early on sat just to watch the cartoon lineup. Kids don't have that anymore . It was all about ninja turtles and saved by the bell lol

The McBunBuns have stolen Granny Lala's Coins!!! Can Lucky, her faithful puppy, bring them all back?Balloon Loons

Online: http://balloon-loons.com
09-03-2012, 05:36 PM
#7
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: UK
Posts: 195
^ I remember I used to love watching Thundercats and Captain Planet, nostalgic moment

Dont worry if nobody replies, keep posting.
Many of us read almost everything even if we dont always reply

As long as you dont spam or post inappropriate comments, I'm sure people will look forward to meeting you in person someday
09-04-2012, 12:52 AM
#8
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 209
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvx View Post
^ I remember I used to love watching Thundercats and Captain Planet, nostalgic moment

Dont worry if nobody replies, keep posting.
Many of us read almost everything even if we dont always reply

As long as you dont spam or post inappropriate comments, I'm sure people will look forward to meeting you in person someday
Hi! Thanks for the words of encouragement! Have you seen the new thundercats series? They are awesome! It's the only cartoon comeback that is actually good lol. The new ninja turtles sucks. New bugs bunny sucks. Etc.

The McBunBuns have stolen Granny Lala's Coins!!! Can Lucky, her faithful puppy, bring them all back?Balloon Loons

Online: http://balloon-loons.com
09-06-2012, 07:46 AM
#9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balloon Loons View Post
Yup totally. Remember that? It was on Saturday mornings right? I remember waking up early on sat just to watch the cartoon lineup. Kids don't have that anymore . It was all about ninja turtles and saved by the bell lol
Hahahaha I only watched Superdave show because it was right before the cartoons. Back when the original X-men TV show or when Power Rangers came out. Good times.
09-06-2012, 08:53 PM
#10
Hi Balloon Loons and other members,

I'm new here and I could use an intro and a chance to get to know everyone. Schplurg where in the bay are you? I lived in Redwood City and Fremont for a few years but I'm temporarily in Georgia; 2 years temporary.

Jared Martin
http://www.facebook.com/obscenemedia