★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Game Orientation Weird Changes. 2.2 Related?

11-25-2008, 07:06 PM
Send a message via AIM to superbad
Game Orientation Weird Changes. 2.2 Related?

Venger before 2.2 can be played either with the home button on the left or right, now it ONLY plays when the home button is on the left.

With SNAIL MAIL, i can play with ANY orientation i want, landscape or portrait but I dont know what controls it. it just suddenly changes by itself..

anyone experiencing the same problem
11-25-2008, 07:13 PM
I thought this was a feature?

I can't comment about Venger as this is not a game I have.

But I thought this was a feature of Snail Mail? It changes when you change the orientation of the device. I think it is great because it means you can hold the device however it is comfortable for you. For example I was charging my iPhone last night and playing Snail Mail. I turned my iPhone upside down as the charging "plug" was in the way. After I turned the phone upside down the charging plug went into the top of the phone and I could keep playing whereas before it got in the way.
11-25-2008, 07:30 PM
Send a message via AIM to istopmotion Send a message via MSN to istopmotion
Yeah, I'm having the same problem, but I have no idea how to fix it. It might be that Venger just had a bug with 2.2 and now they'll need to come out with an update. It really isn't too big of a deal though.

Please follow me on Twitter!
I LOVE all Guitar Hero/Rock Band games. Gamertag is 'istopmotion' Add me if you want a challenge