★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Turn based rpg

09-03-2012, 10:42 AM
Turn based rpg

Im looking for a good rpg app, something that is free. If there arnt many good free ones, what is the best paid one? Im thinking about getting final fantasy 1

Last edited by frozensolid; 09-03-2012 at 10:45 AM.
09-03-2012, 10:51 AM
I can't think of any free ones!

Turn based strategy
The war of eustrath
Ravenmark
Spectral Souls
FFT

Turn based rpg
Chaos Rings franchise
final fantasy dimensions
Kemco JRPGs(pretty bland and watered down JRPG games but still trumps most of the wannabe JRPGs in the appstore by quite a bit)
If you are desperate enough you can try Eternal Legacy.

Last edited by violentv; 09-03-2012 at 10:56 AM.

09-03-2012, 10:59 AM
Im looking for something like pokemon, so i think FF1woul be best.. I kinda liked dimentions, but not the action bar that fills. Also it was too much $.
09-03-2012, 11:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by frozensolid View Post
Im looking for a good rpg app, something that is free. If there arnt many good free ones, what is the best paid one? Im thinking about getting final fantasy 1
For your question, a good free turn-based RPG right now is Tunnel Trail. Another good one, albeit just-turned-freemium, is Rune Raiders. Not sure if Dungeon Crawlers is still free, but you can check it out. The last 2 are strategy-RPGs though, similar to FFTactics.

As for paid ones, you cant go wrong with the big 4 in roguelikes: 100 Rogues, Fargoal, Cardinal Quest and Legends of Yore. Some good stuff you caninvest on are Final Fantasy titles (FF: Dimensions was recently just released), then there's Battleloot Adventures, Saturday Morning RPG, Cthulhu Saves The World, Crimson Gem Saga, Eternal Legacy and the trio of Chaos Rings titles.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword

Last edited by Exact-Psience; 09-03-2012 at 11:04 AM.
09-03-2012, 11:05 AM
Looks like you made 2 threads... But here's my reply to the other one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
For your question, a good free turn-based RPG right now is Tunnel Trail. Another good one, albeit just-turned-freemium, is Rune Raiders. Not sure if Dungeon Crawlers is still free, but you can check it out. The last 2 are strategy-RPGs though, similar to FFTactics.

As for paid ones, you cant go wrong with the big 4 in roguelikes: 100 Rogues, Fargoal, Cardinal Quest and Legends of Yore. Some good stuff you caninvest on are Final Fantasy titles (FF: Dimensions was recently just released), then there's Battleloot Adventures, Saturday Morning RPG, Cthulhu Saves The World, Crimson Gem Saga, Eternal Legacy and the trio of Chaos Rings titles.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
09-03-2012, 11:16 AM
Thanks! I saw a game called elven chronicles, it looks like what im lookin for. Can anyone vouch for this game?
09-03-2012, 12:23 PM
Quote:
Thanks! I saw a game called elven chronicles, it looks like what im lookin for. Can anyone vouch for this game?
I haven't played that one, but if that's the type of game you're looking for, you might also be interested in checking out Ash, Ash II, Dragon Fantasy, and Guardian Saga, (as well as all the iOS FF games of course), all of which I enjoyed. Maybe check out Adventure Bar Story too, it wasn't really up my alley, but a lot of people like it.

Edit: oh and Cthulu Saves the World, mentioned in a previous post, would also probably be your type of game.
09-03-2012, 12:36 PM
Quote:
Elvin Chronicles is okay, I enjoyed it. I reccomend Dawn of Magic. The graphics aren't amazing, but it's pretty good. I believe Dawn of Magic is free.
09-03-2012, 12:37 PM
Quote:
Im looking for something like pokemon, so i think FF1woul be best.. I kinda liked dimentions, but not the action bar that fills. Also it was too much $.
Dragon island blue is like Pokemon, it's super addictive and on sale for a dollar.
09-03-2012, 01:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royce View Post
I haven't played that one, but if that's the type of game you're looking for, you might also be interested in checking out Ash, Ash II, Dragon Fantasy, and Guardian Saga, (as well as all the iOS FF games of course), all of which I enjoyed. Maybe check out Adventure Bar Story too, it wasn't really up my alley, but a lot of people like it.

Edit: oh and Cthulu Saves the World, mentioned in a previous post, would also probably be your type of game.
Great these are perfect thanks!