★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

My Singing Monsters is out!

09-14-2012, 04:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans Kisaragi View Post
Breeding cant be any more simpler..

you just need to have the elements correct

to make a pummel (Grass Rock Water) you combine

potbelly (grass) + fwog (rock water)
or
shrubb (grass rock) + toe jammer (water)

its all in the monster shop
Having all the elements correct doesn't automatically guarantee you will get what you hoped for, as already stated...you may get one of the parents instead...this has already happened to me twice (not the basic breeds)
09-14-2012, 04:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by girlpower View Post
Having all the elements correct doesn't automatically guarantee you will get what you hoped for, as already stated...you may get one of the parents instead...this has already happened to me twice (not the basic breeds)
Iv made 20 monsters and they all came out as expected. even the big big one on the first map..

you must be doing something wrong.

it is not random unless im completely insane

Last edited by Hans Kisaragi; 09-14-2012 at 04:12 AM.

09-14-2012, 04:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBB_MJS View Post
We sure do! We want to make sure you're having the best gameplay experience possible... which right now, doesn't seem like it's happening for you. Please let us know today if the game is deciding to behave, if not we'll look into it again for you.
Thank you for your response BBB_MJS.
Well it's still hit and miss today.
Before heading of the zzzz land last night, I refreshed all minimized apps for a clean start this morning....first app I opened was Dragonvale (no problems), next was singing monsters, (here's the sequence of issues)
1. Wouldn't open, pop up stated cannot connect to server, try again?
2. Asked me to choose login...I did so)
3. App opened (took a bit of time), all coins ready to collect plus food...monsters all singing....as soon as I click to collect, nothing happens...click a few more things, still nothing.

Close the app, refresh it, reopen it....the things at had clicked on have now worked and the rest is able to be collected.
This same sequence always happens if I am asked to login (can't collect anything or hatch a new dragon until I close and refresh the app)

Another thing I've noticed ....in GC achievements neither myself nor my friends have been credited with ‘get a monster 100% happy'. I currently have 9 /14 100% happy
09-14-2012, 04:26 AM
Quote:
Iv made 20 monsters and they all came out as expected. even the big big one on the first map..

No, I'm not doing anything wrong.....maybe you have just been very lucky.
It's already been acknowledged on here that it may not work first time with the correct combo elements.

My two fails were when trying for a Pummel (used potbelly/fwog) got a fwog
and trying for an Entbrat (used potbelly/ t-rox) got another t - rox.

Footnote: I have since got them both second time round with two different combos which still contained the correct elements needed
09-14-2012, 04:38 AM
Quote:
No, I'm not doing anything wrong.....maybe you have just been very lucky.
It's already been acknowledged on here that it may not work first time with the correct combo elements.

My two fails were when trying for a Pummel (used potbelly/fwog) got a fwog
and trying for an Entbrat (used potbelly/ t-rox) got another t - rox.

Footnote: I have since got them both second time round with two different combos which still contained the correct elements needed
very strange

Could be a bug or it is infact random and im very very lucky as you say.
09-14-2012, 05:43 AM
Quote:

IT Is not random I have two islands with all monsters just one breed and the the third island with 3 monsters already.Great game.
09-14-2012, 06:50 AM
Ok so who did you use to make the big guy on first island?
09-14-2012, 07:29 AM
Couple of observations

Breeding - Some players are very lucky and get the right monster every time, some of us are not. Trying for a Entbrat (leaf, rock, rain,snowflake) breeding a Shrubb (leaf, rock) with a Maw (rain,snowflake) and got a 30 minute timer, don't believe that is a Entbrat. Double check me but I believe I have all the correct elements.

Goals - I am a level 15 and have a goal to get 5 large Bakeries. The market has me capped at 4 Bakeries so I cannot complete this goal. I assume I will get the needed Bakery at a higher level but should not be a goal at my level.

GC dean288367
09-14-2012, 08:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by emdash View Post
My family and I are still enjoying this game a lot (and I've been showing it to lots o folks in the Kabam offices!) I'm still on my first island but my wife has spend some money so she's now on her 2nd. so overall - pretty positive impressions so far!

My only 2 criticisms/bug notes/comments are these:

Dean already mentioned this but when you go to visit a friend you can only see thier first island. I want to view my wife's 2nd island but there doesn't seem to be a way.

Secondly, it's disappointing that I have Goals in my Goal List that I've already completed but didn't get credit for them because they weren't on the list when i completed them. For example, i now have goals to Hatch a T-rox but I got him pretty early, before that was listed as a Goal. So now I don't get the credit (or gold or food) 'til I hatch another T-Rox.

Anyhow, thought I'd share those notes. Thanks!
Hi emdash! Thrilled to hear that you are enjoying the game! Thanks so much for your feedback, I will let you know that we are working on integrating a feature in a future update which will allow users to view all of their friends' islands, so stay tuned.

With respect to the Goal List, it is not retrospective, unfortunately. Remember, though, that breeding another monster to clear the goal is still beneficial for you because you can place it and gain XP and then sell it!

Quote:
Thank you for your response BBB_MJS.
Well it's still hit and miss today.
Before heading of the zzzz land last night, I refreshed all minimized apps for a clean start this morning....first app I opened was Dragonvale (no problems), next was singing monsters, (here's the sequence of issues)
1. Wouldn't open, pop up stated cannot connect to server, try again?
2. Asked me to choose login...I did so)
3. App opened (took a bit of time), all coins ready to collect plus food...monsters all singing....as soon as I click to collect, nothing happens...click a few more things, still nothing.

Close the app, refresh it, reopen it....the things at had clicked on have now worked and the rest is able to be collected.
This same sequence always happens if I am asked to login (can't collect anything or hatch a new dragon until I close and refresh the app)

Another thing I've noticed ....in GC achievements neither myself nor my friends have been credited with ‘get a monster 100% happy'. I currently have 9 /14 100% happy
Hmm. Sometimes it takes the server a few more seconds at the beginning of a new session to process the coin collect requests. If you've selected them once and you send multiple requests in before it goes through, that could be a reason why the game is getting befuddled. In any event, I would love for you to send support@bigbluebubble.com an email so we can get to the bottom of this soon.

The GC Achievement for 'Get a monster 100% happy' is currently buggy and we're looking into fixing it as soon as possible!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean288367 View Post
Couple of observations
Goals - I am a level 15 and have a goal to get 5 large Bakeries. The market has me capped at 4 Bakeries so I cannot complete this goal. I assume I will get the needed Bakery at a higher level but should not be a goal at my level.
Have you tried placing Large Bakeries on your second (or third) island?

A note re: everyone's attempts to breed (that didn't sound right...)

The only real 'bugs' that might occur during the breeding process would be if the product monster is a total surprise (Mammott + Potbelly=Entbrat <-- P.S. that ain't right ). If the product monster is a parent, then nothing is wrong. It's a game of percentages, you just have to keep trying!
09-14-2012, 08:32 AM
I got my first random breed.. after 30 successes

Last edited by Hans Kisaragi; 09-20-2012 at 06:12 AM.