★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

My Singing Monsters is out!

09-28-2012, 02:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtfields View Post
I just launched the game and got a splash screen stating the Cold Island was on sale for $150,000. However, when I went to the market to buy one it was still listed at $200,000.
It's at the right price now. Just bought it. Thanks.
09-30-2012, 10:21 AM
Can't get it to log me in this morn.

09-30-2012, 08:45 PM
I like #3, and I definitely appreciate what you've done with the ads. Great idea!
We are enjoying this a ton...
09-30-2012, 09:28 PM
Of the icons, I like 3, 4, and 5 best, but especially 5.

The T-rox doesn't look like a singer, he looks like a bruiser, and seeing that icon would make me think it's a game about collecting and fighting monsters. Pango is cute, but he doesn't look like he's singing. The ones that I think work best are the ones that reflect the name of the game, ie they look like they are singing. I think that #5 is most effective because the Mammot looks happy, which is a good emotion to convey in an icon. Maw looks kinds happy. Furcorn always looks freaked out scared, but if you altered the image to make him look like he was happily singing, I think that would be effective too.

You might also consider flipping all of the icons horizontally, so that they are looking towards the right. Western audiences parse left to right so having the monsters face right leads the eye in the proper direction, and one of the more common locations for the app icon is in the upper left corner of the iTunes store, where looking right will guide the eye into the page and not out of it off the left side.

BTW, my wife, son, and I are still really enjoying the game. We've got separate games running on our 2 different iDevices and still loving it. My only minor complaint would be goals that appeared in the goals list after I've already achieved so I don't get any credit for them. We're all looking forward to the next island. Have you announced when in October it's coming out?

My game: MazeMage, a turn-based pixel-sprite puzzle adventure game.
TouchArcade thread here or play the old web demo. We're also looking for iOS beta testers.
(Plus I'm also the Sr Art Director working on mobile games at Kabam)
10-01-2012, 07:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by emdash View Post
Of the icons, I like 3, 4, and 5 best, but especially 5.

The T-rox doesn't look like a singer, he looks like a bruiser, and seeing that icon would make me think it's a game about collecting and fighting monsters. Pango is cute, but he doesn't look like he's singing. The ones that I think work best are the ones that reflect the name of the game, ie they look like they are singing. I think that #5 is most effective because the Mammot looks happy, which is a good emotion to convey in an icon. Maw looks kinds happy. Furcorn always looks freaked out scared, but if you altered the image to make him look like he was happily singing, I think that would be effective too.

You might also consider flipping all of the icons horizontally, so that they are looking towards the right. Western audiences parse left to right so having the monsters face right leads the eye in the proper direction, and one of the more common locations for the app icon is in the upper left corner of the iTunes store, where looking right will guide the eye into the page and not out of it off the left side.

BTW, my wife, son, and I are still really enjoying the game. We've got separate games running on our 2 different iDevices and still loving it. My only minor complaint would be goals that appeared in the goals list after I've already achieved so I don't get any credit for them. We're all looking forward to the next island. Have you announced when in October it's coming out?
Thanks for all of your insightful feedback, everybody!

We understand that the non-retroactive quality of the goals system has been a source of frustration for some of our players, but we're as yet undecided if we're going to be merciful. And we haven't announced yet when in October, so stay tuned! We make regular updates to our Facebook page here.
10-01-2012, 09:23 AM
My icon pick

Hi all,
Back from my break away, popping in to catch up on all the monster news
Of the icons on offer to choose from, my fav is no 7, but as an icon to represent singing monsters I think no 5 looks the happiest of the bunch...must enjoy his singing role I think LOL.

@BBS_MJS....I would just like to add my appreciation for your input in this thread. I think it's awesome that someone who works for the Company takes the time to post on here, keep us informed of all you're able to, listens to what we all have to say, suggest, etc with an open mind and offer a huge amount of help and advice where needed. Thankyou!

My app seems to be better at loading, but still had issues today with it trying to connect a second time to GC....refreshed it twice, then it loaded okay.
Only been able to get on it today after 8 days with no wifi....I almost forgot the 3 different Island theme songs....I did say ‘almost' haha.

Last edited by girlpower; 10-01-2012 at 09:26 AM.
10-01-2012, 09:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBB_MJS View Post
Thanks for all of your insightful feedback, everybody!

We understand that the non-retroactive quality of the goals system has been a source of frustration for some of our players, but we're as yet undecided if we're going to be merciful. And we haven't announced yet when in October, so stay tuned! We make regular updates to our Facebook page here.
I didn't even know that My Singing Monsters had a facebook page but now that I do it's forever on my Liked list.
10-01-2012, 05:32 PM
Max Level?

Is there a max level? I am at level 20 and my green bar is no longer moving.
10-01-2012, 06:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idoctor View Post
Is there a max level? I am at level 20 and my green bar is no longer moving.
Yep. You are maxed out for now.
10-02-2012, 09:50 AM
I finally got an Entbrat. Man he sounds terrible. But he sure earns a lot of coin. I have a second one breeding now. Finally moving on to the Cold Island. My kids love the tune of the Plant Island, it is very catchy. So far the tune of the Cold Island sounds odd but I only have the first five monsters (I try to breed them in the order they are listed in the market).