Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 11-01-2012, 10:47 PM
iPhone 4

Loved the Halloween theme and going in every day and seeing another monster in costume. Very clever and looking forward to the next holiday
Old 11-02-2012, 07:53 AM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.Hannum View Post
If, as everything seems to indicate, one could only get it via the Bowgart x T-Rox breeding combo then this was a very poorly thought out bit of holiday content.

See, I foolishly approached this as though I was supposed to figure it out on my own, and I more foolishly assumed it would be certain combination of "elements", not specific monsters,
When I read the description of it and it stated that it was the offspring of two three element monsters, I assumed it was a specific pair. You must not have read the description in the market or you would not have been trying Entbrat and the single element monsters. That definitely contributed to your frustrations.

Last edited by jtfields; 11-02-2012 at 07:57 AM..
Old 11-02-2012, 08:55 AM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtfields View Post
You must not have read the description in the market or you would not have been trying Entbrat and the single element monsters. That definitely contributed to your frustrations.
I read the description but did not notice that. Regardless, my "frustrations" stem from the bad implementation, not really any way to defend it. Even with the hint, you still have a dozen unique pairings, low chance of success, and only 7 days to do it in. With the low rate of success you have no way to know if you're simply not rolling a Punkleton with the right pair or if your combo is outright wrong. So, if you approach it logically even having picked upon the hint I missed, you get in, if you're efficient, about 30 breedings over the ~7 days of the event, that's only about 2 of each combo, and that's not good enough unless you're very lucky. Most who didn't take advantage of crowd sourcing would fail. If you're *supposed* to wait until someone among the thousands of people playing stumble upon it by BFI and then copy them, the designer might as well just say what the combo is if they're going to have availability so limited in time.

Like I said, it's not a big deal, I just wanted to point out it wasn't handled very well in my (supported) opinion.
Old 11-02-2012, 11:20 AM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.Hannum View Post
Most who didn't take advantage of crowd sourcing would fail. If you're *supposed* to wait until someone among the thousands of people playing stumble upon it by BFI and then copy them, the designer might as well just say what the combo is if they're going to have availability so limited in time
I see your point. As someone who has been playing DragonVale for a year now, I can tell you that, right or wrong, if you want every limited Monster then forums like these are a must unless you are willing to buy a lot of diamonds which is what I'm assuming the developer is counting on. I will say this is one of the more generous games when it comes to handing out free in game currency. As quickly as I could I purchased all four islands and a mine on each. Each mine gives 2 gems every 12 hours. Even with using a few gems here and there I've built up a stockpile of 150 gems rather quickly. If I couldn't breed the Pumpkeleton (which I was lucky enough to be able to do) I was just going to buy him. Now that I know they will do limiteds I'm being even more picky about what I use gems on so I will have a bunch for the next limited.

My son got the Pump on Halloween morning. It was about his fifth attempt which is about the same number it took me. The problem with this game is you only get one or two attempts a day.
Old 11-03-2012, 02:23 PM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

I noticed that quite often when I go into the game to mine my diamonds the first set of diamonds don't register. The animation takes place that shows the diamonds flying up the screen but the diamond count does not change. It doesn't happen everytime but it's not infrequent. Does this happen to anyone else?
Old 11-06-2012, 12:30 PM
iPhone 4

Quote:
I noticed that quite often when I go into the game to mine my diamonds the first set of diamonds don't register. The animation takes place that shows the diamonds flying up the screen but the diamond count does not change. It doesn't happen everytime but it's not infrequent. Does this happen to anyone else?
Seems that I have had the same problem but cannot say for sure. Will watch more closely now and post if it happens.
Old 11-06-2012, 12:33 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
I'm not positive, but it looks like it can happen if it's the first action you take. If I collect money from a monster first, it has always registered, so that's the plan I'm sticking with until I get a non-registering diamond harvest doing that.
Old 11-10-2012, 07:11 PM

Default How to make 4 element monsters 100% happy?

OK, so I understand that they need 4 likes, but what I am wondering couldn't be explained very well in the subject line. Is there a way to make 3 Shellbeats 100% happy with only 1 Dragon Tower and 1 Noggin? I can't seem to get them placed properly to do it. I'd rather not spend 10 million more coins on another Tower and don't have enough beds to make another Noggin. I could sell another 1 element monster to make room for a Noggin, but then I won't have at least 1 of every monster on Water Island.
Old 11-11-2012, 06:15 PM
iPhone 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKabro96 View Post
OK, so I understand that they need 4 likes, but what I am wondering couldn't be explained very well in the subject line. Is there a way to make 3 Shellbeats 100% happy with only 1 Dragon Tower and 1 Noggin? I can't seem to get them placed properly to do it. I'd rather not spend 10 million more coins on another Tower and don't have enough beds to make another Noggin. I could sell another 1 element monster to make room for a Noggin, but then I won't have at least 1 of every monster on Water Island.
I don't think it is possible to do. I have tried it with Entbrat on the Plant island and never could get it to work.
Old 11-11-2012, 10:19 PM
iPhone 4

Quote:
This happened to me today !! I have been watching it closely after your post. It was not the first thing I did when I entered the game. I collect money from my monsters first and then collect from the mine and the diamonds did not add to the total.