Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #331  
Old 11-01-2012, 10:47 PM
dean288367 dean288367 is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 4
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Defiance
Posts: 2,605
Default

Loved the Halloween theme and going in every day and seeing another monster in costume. Very clever and looking forward to the next holiday
Reply With Quote
  #332  
Old 11-02-2012, 07:53 AM
jtfields jtfields is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 4, OS 4.x
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 633
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.Hannum View Post
If, as everything seems to indicate, one could only get it via the Bowgart x T-Rox breeding combo then this was a very poorly thought out bit of holiday content.

See, I foolishly approached this as though I was supposed to figure it out on my own, and I more foolishly assumed it would be certain combination of "elements", not specific monsters,
When I read the description of it and it stated that it was the offspring of two three element monsters, I assumed it was a specific pair. You must not have read the description in the market or you would not have been trying Entbrat and the single element monsters. That definitely contributed to your frustrations.

Last edited by jtfields; 11-02-2012 at 07:57 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #333  
Old 11-02-2012, 08:55 AM
C.Hannum C.Hannum is offline
Senior Member
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 2,160
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtfields View Post
You must not have read the description in the market or you would not have been trying Entbrat and the single element monsters. That definitely contributed to your frustrations.
I read the description but did not notice that. Regardless, my "frustrations" stem from the bad implementation, not really any way to defend it. Even with the hint, you still have a dozen unique pairings, low chance of success, and only 7 days to do it in. With the low rate of success you have no way to know if you're simply not rolling a Punkleton with the right pair or if your combo is outright wrong. So, if you approach it logically even having picked upon the hint I missed, you get in, if you're efficient, about 30 breedings over the ~7 days of the event, that's only about 2 of each combo, and that's not good enough unless you're very lucky. Most who didn't take advantage of crowd sourcing would fail. If you're *supposed* to wait until someone among the thousands of people playing stumble upon it by BFI and then copy them, the designer might as well just say what the combo is if they're going to have availability so limited in time.

Like I said, it's not a big deal, I just wanted to point out it wasn't handled very well in my (supported) opinion.
Reply With Quote
  #334  
Old 11-02-2012, 11:20 AM
jtfields jtfields is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 4, OS 4.x
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 633
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.Hannum View Post
Most who didn't take advantage of crowd sourcing would fail. If you're *supposed* to wait until someone among the thousands of people playing stumble upon it by BFI and then copy them, the designer might as well just say what the combo is if they're going to have availability so limited in time
I see your point. As someone who has been playing DragonVale for a year now, I can tell you that, right or wrong, if you want every limited Monster then forums like these are a must unless you are willing to buy a lot of diamonds which is what I'm assuming the developer is counting on. I will say this is one of the more generous games when it comes to handing out free in game currency. As quickly as I could I purchased all four islands and a mine on each. Each mine gives 2 gems every 12 hours. Even with using a few gems here and there I've built up a stockpile of 150 gems rather quickly. If I couldn't breed the Pumpkeleton (which I was lucky enough to be able to do) I was just going to buy him. Now that I know they will do limiteds I'm being even more picky about what I use gems on so I will have a bunch for the next limited.

My son got the Pump on Halloween morning. It was about his fifth attempt which is about the same number it took me. The problem with this game is you only get one or two attempts a day.
Reply With Quote
  #335  
Old 11-03-2012, 02:23 PM
jtfields jtfields is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 4, OS 4.x
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 633
Default

I noticed that quite often when I go into the game to mine my diamonds the first set of diamonds don't register. The animation takes place that shows the diamonds flying up the screen but the diamond count does not change. It doesn't happen everytime but it's not infrequent. Does this happen to anyone else?
Reply With Quote
  #336  
Old 11-06-2012, 12:30 PM
dean288367 dean288367 is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 4
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Defiance
Posts: 2,605
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtfields View Post
I noticed that quite often when I go into the game to mine my diamonds the first set of diamonds don't register. The animation takes place that shows the diamonds flying up the screen but the diamond count does not change. It doesn't happen everytime but it's not infrequent. Does this happen to anyone else?
Seems that I have had the same problem but cannot say for sure. Will watch more closely now and post if it happens.
Reply With Quote
  #337  
Old 11-06-2012, 12:33 PM
C.Hannum C.Hannum is offline
Senior Member
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 2,160
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtfields View Post
I noticed that quite often when I go into the game to mine my diamonds the first set of diamonds don't register. The animation takes place that shows the diamonds flying up the screen but the diamond count does not change. It doesn't happen everytime but it's not infrequent. Does this happen to anyone else?
I'm not positive, but it looks like it can happen if it's the first action you take. If I collect money from a monster first, it has always registered, so that's the plan I'm sticking with until I get a non-registering diamond harvest doing that.
Reply With Quote
  #338  
Old 11-10-2012, 07:11 PM
JKabro96 JKabro96 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2
Default How to make 4 element monsters 100% happy?

OK, so I understand that they need 4 likes, but what I am wondering couldn't be explained very well in the subject line. Is there a way to make 3 Shellbeats 100% happy with only 1 Dragon Tower and 1 Noggin? I can't seem to get them placed properly to do it. I'd rather not spend 10 million more coins on another Tower and don't have enough beds to make another Noggin. I could sell another 1 element monster to make room for a Noggin, but then I won't have at least 1 of every monster on Water Island.
Reply With Quote
  #339  
Old 11-11-2012, 06:15 PM
dean288367 dean288367 is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 4
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Defiance
Posts: 2,605
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKabro96 View Post
OK, so I understand that they need 4 likes, but what I am wondering couldn't be explained very well in the subject line. Is there a way to make 3 Shellbeats 100% happy with only 1 Dragon Tower and 1 Noggin? I can't seem to get them placed properly to do it. I'd rather not spend 10 million more coins on another Tower and don't have enough beds to make another Noggin. I could sell another 1 element monster to make room for a Noggin, but then I won't have at least 1 of every monster on Water Island.
I don't think it is possible to do. I have tried it with Entbrat on the Plant island and never could get it to work.
Reply With Quote
  #340  
Old 11-11-2012, 10:19 PM
dean288367 dean288367 is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 4
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Defiance
Posts: 2,605
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtfields View Post
I noticed that quite often when I go into the game to mine my diamonds the first set of diamonds don't register. The animation takes place that shows the diamonds flying up the screen but the diamond count does not change. It doesn't happen everytime but it's not infrequent. Does this happen to anyone else?
This happened to me today !! I have been watching it closely after your post. It was not the first thing I did when I entered the game. I collect money from my monsters first and then collect from the mine and the diamonds did not add to the total.
Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2012, TouchArcade.com, LLC.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2008 - 2011, TouchArcade.com. Privacy Policy / DMCA Copyright Agent